Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Mushrooms and the Grateful dead
    #7522854 - 10/16/07 12:11 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

othing better in my eyes.
alot of people aquait the dead to lsd. wich is more than understanable due to there place in 60's counterculture and there role in spreading lsd across the country for 40 years.

but for me not only are mushrooms alot closer to my heart personly, also mushrooms alowe me to kinda go further out expereintaily than L does.

music is religion is energy is time, is tone , is space. its all the same trip, its all here , its all sacred :gd_icon:

now feel free to disagree with me. but this is the formula that works best for me, and a few others :laugh:

:rainbowcloud:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: notapillow]
    #7522878 - 10/16/07 12:19 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

*disagrees*

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7522904 - 10/16/07 12:26 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

just sitting here memories keep flooding back to me. some of my first ever trips. back in hs when my freinds and i had made a trip fort in order to safly conduct ourselfs and go as far out as need be. i remember just layind in the dirt my head agaist a tree listening to dicks picks 7. my god. the clarity. i remember having the weird sense that i had sliped int the lost woods in super mario world, it diddnt look like  video game, it was just this weird sense of nostalga almost.
another night i found myself alone on the hill above the fort, talking to treesm through colors. it was like a dream. it just started happening. the trees would shoot colors at me and i somehow could traslate them int emotion. i thien sent my colrs back to them to explain my current state. wich i displaed with red blue and wite lightnig bolts :gd_icon:
i love memory :heart:

--------------------

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #7522927 - 10/16/07 12:31 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I'll have to agree.
But I think I like L too much to take the mush preference.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: Great Scott]
    #7522946 - 10/16/07 12:34 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

more power to ya :laugh:
i think the mgority is in that cornner. acid makes it too hard to consentrate on the music and the moment in general. im to shmeered iguess is how i would put it :rainbowdrink:

thinkgs just seem to click in a more significant and almost prophetic way when im on mushrooms. i dig that

--------------------

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #7522966 - 10/16/07 12:39 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Hey pillow... even if I don't end up coming out to the forest this weekend, gimme a call on sunday anyway.
We should play some disc golf in Oly or something. :awesome:

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
    #7523114 - 10/16/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i agree Notapillow it's a great combination, its probably the best thing since sliced bread...

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#7523126 - 10/16/07 01:13 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PeyoteZen said:
Hey pillow... even if I don't end up coming out to the forest this weekend, gimme a call on sunday anyway.
We should play some disc golf in Oly or something. :awesome:

dude i sick
gettin worse too
at this rate i wont be able to make it either  :frown: :frown: :frown:
shitty times

but we should chill somtimes for sure. i havent played disk golf in like 3 years :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinelsd25icu812
Stranger
Male

Loc: United States
    #7523417 - 10/16/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

certain drugs work better with certain people... what is important is that you can get "there"

what ever it takes... weather its lsd, mushrooms, dmt, meditation, fasting, whatever.... but when you reach that point of oneness with all that is, and The boys are playing the soundtrack to the road home ... healing every molicule of your body and soul with there divine music...

then sir you are so correct... there is nothing better in the universe. because it is the universe and its me and its you. its all... god bless the grateful dead

--------------------
love is what is left when you"ve let go of everything you love

Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: lsd25icu812]
    #7523455 - 10/16/07 02:24 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

:rainbowdrink:

Is that the Goblet of Fire from Harry Potter??

:grin:

--------------------

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: boletusoftruth]
    #7523539 - 10/16/07 02:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I'm probably one of the few people on this board who wouldn't be upset if acid was no longer available. Shrooms have always been much closer to my heart than acid. It's such a smooth, mellow, and celestial trip. Afterwards I am completely relaxed and can fall asleep soundly. Acid has always had a bit of a stimulant aspect to it that I never found very appealing.

InvisibleCaptain Cubensis
Bleeding HeartLiberal

Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: mushroomplume]
    #7523558 - 10/16/07 02:44 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Agreed, LSD is not as fun as mushies, IMHO.

Music is everything!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: Captain Cubensis]
    #7523636 - 10/16/07 02:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i would be upset if acid was gone forever. its still a great chemical whith all its many fasets. but mushrooms are much more usefull in seaking insiration and clarity. i too love the mushroom after glow. no questions, no worrys, nothing but happyness and a grateful outlook on the world.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: Captain Cubensis]
    #7523658 - 10/16/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Listening to the Dead has been one of the best experiences I've had on mushrooms, or just period. It was really perfect. Both Ladies and Gentleman and Winterland 78 are great for the Dark Star-St. Stephen run. SO beautiful and peaceful. Classical music is really cool too.

That is said, if it wasn't for the Dead (and Dvorak) all of my trips with mushrooms would be pure terror and confusion. I don't think I have had a single second of "fun" on mushrooms. In my mind there is nothing recreational about them at all, which lends them a more divine aspect. I value the experiences, but I can say I would never in a million years eat mushrooms and expect to have a pleasurable time. Yeah it's mellow for your body which wants to fall asleep or just disapear completely, but the emotional intensity is not mellow for me in the slightest. It is soul wrenching. I cannot say the same for LSD (in reasonable amounts) mescaline or 2cb. For me, three hits of good acid are less intense than 1.5 grams of strong mushrooms.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Edited by Divided_Sky (10/16/07 03:05 PM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #7524207 - 10/16/07 04:42 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

My favorite trip of my entire life (80+!) involved moderate amounts of IM DPT, the Dead, and a dark room covered in blankets.

I have never tripped so hard, or with so many visuals in my entire life.

The music was 110% synced with my trip. It was a double disc, and I remember being incredibly apprehensive when the first disc stopped. I just didn't know what to do. I was scared and alone and then, "Oh yeah, Its a double-disc!"

Pop the other one in, and another 1.5 hours of fun.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7524255 - 10/16/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

:grin: About the same for me, but I left a candle burning.  It is just like being there, cowbells and all.  Salvia and The Dead go together well too IMO.  I generally prefer the acoustics for DMT sessions, I recently tried "Heaven Help the Fool" and was blown away.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #7524301 - 10/16/07 04:58 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
For me, three hits of good acid are less intense than 1.5 grams of strong mushrooms.

I feel you there. My last couple acid trips were on 300 mics... they were amazing, but the sheer intensity of psychedelia and expanded thinking can't match that of even low-dose mushrooms. I think I might be insensitive to acid, so I am going to try higher doses before long.

I often have a hard time focusing on music on mushrooms... however, on acid, I have physically reached out and touched, felt the sounds of the Dead with my very hands.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and the Grateful dead [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7524499 - 10/16/07 05:45 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

on acid i need an outlet. paint, a skatebard, a bike. or else ill start ripping shit of the walls
ADD i guess. but somthing about LSD, it just lights a fire under my feat, as if som dynamo deep within my brain just started chuggin back to life. mushrooms are the oposite. they stick me to my seat and i begin to absorb the world through osmosis.
music is soooo nice, aint it

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#7524512 - 10/16/07 05:48 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

my firt time actualy tripping at a show was on some mushroom capsuls, phil lesh mardi gras 05. at first nothing was really happening then i guess they all burst in my gut together cus that shit got thrown on full gear. i remember dancing and watchng peices of the persons shoulder infront of me fragment and then wisp out tword the stage. it was the first time was actualy living the experince in real time. the music was there, being created then and i was there, acceptingh it then. a very intense feeling. one of my most tressured show memories

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order