Home | Community | Message Board

ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineeiffelrev
Stranger
Found them already dry
    #7519818 - 10/15/07 04:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just got done hunting and it's now monday the 15th and the last day it rained was saturday the 13th. I found these subbs already dry...they should still be good, right?...in the picture you can notice i picked the really tiny ones, due to the fact that they were already dried out, same question, they should still be active, right?

thanks guys =)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
Re: Found them already dry [Re: eiffelrev]
    #7519855 - 10/15/07 05:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

They are probably pretty weak now. The sun destroys psilocybin pretty well, and subbalteatus have a moderately low amount of it to begin with. Also, that's not very many for a good trip. But nice mushrooms nonetheless!

--------------------

Offlineeiffelrev
Stranger
Re: Found them already dry [Re: landsnorkler]
    #7519919 - 10/15/07 05:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

thank man, that's what i figured...although, the caps are really the only part that's dry, the stems, for the most part, are wet and fresh, and are starting to bruise on the bottom.

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: Found them already dry [Re: eiffelrev]
    #7520321 - 10/15/07 07:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Does the sun really kill psilocybin/psilocin well? i thought that it broke down at 300-370 or some shit?

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: Found them already dry [Re: implee]
    #7520327 - 10/15/07 07:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Plus ive had cubes sun dryed in the field, or even what seemed like a week old under sun and grass and they worked just fine (texas gets pretty hot to)

Offlinerobanero
β Lib
Male User Gallery
Loc: Somewhere in Tx
Re: Found them already dry [Re: implee]
    #7522289 - 10/16/07 10:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yep. Me too with the dried cubies. Like crackers they were and got off real good.

--------------------

310 open cap Hawaiians grown a 1 pint WBSF cake.

SPAWN RATIO CALCULATOR

My Little Hawaiians

Spawn Bag Tek

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#7522444 - 10/16/07 11:47 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

landsnorkler said:
The sun destroys psilocybin pretty well, and subbalteatus have a moderately low amount of it to begin with.

any proof about the sun? natives used to dry mushrooms in the sun all the time without a noticeable loss of potency. i remember a post by mj where he said he dried some on a rock in the sun and noticed no loss in potency.

and about the subbs, their potency is MODERATE to LOW, meaning they vary depending on substrate.
i have eaten 8 or 9 large specimens and felt the same as when I ate 90 of the same mushroom but growing on a different substrate. thats a tenfold!

Invisiblebort

Re: Found them already dry [Re: CptnGarden]
    #7522836 - 10/16/07 02:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I see said the blind man, who couldn't see at all.

Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
Re: Found them already dry [Re: bort]
    #7522922 - 10/16/07 02:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The sun causes the mushrooms to rot faster which in turn disturbs tissue and converts psilocybin to psilocin. It effects the potency in this way. Cubes are much more potent, and bigger than subbalteatus, so you can still have effects from sun-dried cubes. I find that with subbs they already have so little psilocybin that the sun can really have negative effects on them.

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#7523024 - 10/16/07 02:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ok ok, thats 3 things you have said which you dont have any proof to back up, your saying

1. the sun lowers potency
2. the sun disturbs tissue and converts psilocybin to psilocin
3. and that the sun causes mushrooms to rot faster

1. none of that is true unless a certain temperature is reached. if you threw a fresh cube out in the middle of the sahari desert, no shit it wouldnt be potent after drying in the sun there cause of all the HEAT. it would have gone over the temperature which destroys those alkaloids.
the air around it would have more detrimental effects than the sun itself, being as the other major destroyer of potency is OXYGEN.

2. this is not true at all and very misleading. are you saying the sun is decarboxylating psilocybin into psilocin, or are you trying to say that the sun is oxidizing the psilocin and making the "blueing"?
cause oxygen oxidates psilocin to make the blueing, again nothing to do with the sun.

3. all the sundried mushrooms ive ever found, were in perfect condition, check out these subbs

found growing, already dried and preserved. these specimens were some of the most potent subbalteatus ive ever consumed.

if the mushrooms are injured, the cuts will oxidize, if they are overheated, the alkaloids will be destroyed, but sun does not covert any alkaloids into any other alkaloids, or lower the potency of jack squat. :smirk:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification