Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSHO_NUFF
Stranger

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Putting spores directly in gruond
    #751823 - 07/16/02 06:22 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well I am getting a spore print soon..

And I was thinking that my backyards has lot sof great places to grow mushrooms, where there's little grass and lots of shade.. there are some wild ones growing already.

Anyways, I was thinking instead of risking getting caught with jars, what do you think about just putting the spores directly in the ground ? I was thinking, wipe some spores off it into little holes, or maybe cut up the print into little peices, or something.. what do you guys recommend?

How deep should I put it underground?

Should I let the spores get wet first? I read that when you make a spore syringe you shoudl let them sit a day or so to let the spores get 'used' to water.

What do you think of my plan? The ultimate neglect tek..

--------------------
THe other day I was called a turkey, but I'm a chicken, got it, ya beef jerky!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVizzerdrix 00
Loc: ShRoOm LaNd!
Re: Putting spores directly in gruond [Re: SHO_NUFF]
    #751836 - 07/16/02 06:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Dude...I REALLY dont think that would work at all...sorry. You need something for the spores to feed off. Take a look at Moe's outdoor tek. Maybe thats what your looking for?

--------------------
later

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: SHO_NUFF]
    #751840 - 07/16/02 06:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineAeolus1369
Dr. Seahorse
Male

Re: Putting spores directly in gruond [Re: Vizzerdrix 00]
    #751851 - 07/16/02 06:30 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'm also not too optimistic about this proposition. The spores would have to compete with a sea of bacterial colonies already well established in the soil and you can't be sure that the soil you're using has the right nutrients for the mushies. But scraping a few spores into the ground can't hurt, so you might as well give it a try

--Aeolus

OfflineVizzerdrix 00
Loc: ShRoOm LaNd!
Re: Putting spores directly in gruond [Re: Macey Howard]
    #751857 - 07/16/02 06:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Its really that easy Moe?! LOL is there anything else to do????

--------------------
later

OfflineMycelium
THC Junkie
Male
Re: Putting spores directly in gruond [Re: Vizzerdrix 00]
    #751859 - 07/16/02 06:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, if its dry where you live then you have to water every few days. Or at least make sure its moist(not wet).

OfflineSHO_NUFF
Stranger

Wow lots of replies [Re: Aeolus1369]
    #751860 - 07/16/02 06:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

WOw three replies in 5 minutes.. awesome.

Well how come you think it won't work, I mean if wild mushrooms can grow by just dropping spores from the wind, why in the world couldn't psilocybe grow. Of course I live in manitoba..but it's a nice summer.

Maybe I'll get some manure, mix it up a bit.. that should make it more likely that mush could grow.

I want to know if anybody's tried this, if you haven't then don't tell me it won't work unless you have a reason. Look at Moe he just tried shit

good idea on the bottle spray, that would ensure water where the spores are!
I guess I should water teh patch every week or so too..

thanks guys!

--------------------

OfflineMycelium
THC Junkie
Male
Re: Wow lots of replies [Re: SHO_NUFF]
    #751871 - 07/16/02 06:38 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Soil normally doesnt contain the needed nutrients that Psilocybe Cubensis need. That's what substrates like Brown Rice Flour, Dung, Straw, etc. They are 'food' for your mushrooms.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Vizzerdrix 00]
    #751883 - 07/16/02 06:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineSHO_NUFF
Stranger

Re: Wow lots of replies [Re: Mycelium]
    #751886 - 07/16/02 06:46 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

So do you or anynone know exactly what these nutrients are? or and idea anyways..

I guess the best way would be to mix in some brown rice flour or manure, but not too concentrated, to let the mush grow but not let the nutrients area overrun by a colony of bacteria.. what do you guys think?

--------------------

OfflineSHO_NUFF
Stranger

Re: Putting spores directly in gruond [Re: Macey Howard]
    #751890 - 07/16/02 06:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Whoa, this is less of a message board than a chat room.. this post has gone this far in 15 minutes..

Anyways moe, glad to hear you tried it, but did it work?!!? and how did you deposit the spores? etc etc..

thank

--------------------

OfflineMycelium
THC Junkie
Male
    #751905 - 07/16/02 06:52 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

You can deposit the spores by adding with some water in a spray bottle. Shake it up and spray it on the poop. That was already explained earlier. Don't add Brown Rice Flour with the manure. Its pointless. The manure will give your mushrooms the nutrients they need.
And yes, Moe was saying he has pins forming outside. It works, dont worry.

OfflineAeolus1369
Dr. Seahorse
Male

#752108 - 07/16/02 08:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well how come you think it won't work, I mean if wild mushrooms can grow by just dropping spores from the wind, why in the world couldn't psilocybe grow. Of course I live in manitoba..but it's a nice summer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It could definitely work but the difference between what you're doing and what mushies naturally do is that mushrooms spread their spores over a huge area and wherever the spores can germinate, they do. You're putting a super high concentration of spores in a little area that may or may not have the right conditions to grow. But what do I know...listen to Moe (hey that rhymes )

--Aeolus

Offlinepl151

#752241 - 07/16/02 10:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i dunno if itll all work dude but hey, i had a similar idea, that i tried recently with the leftover sprores in syringes. after inncoulation i got a bowl of sterilied water (not sure if it really matters) and sucked it up into the syringe. you wouldnt blieve how many spores are leftover in those things. then i just kept shootin them out into the bowl until i can see them floatin around a bit. grabbed a bunch of verm and dug a few holes ( woo hoo) in different places outside. layed down some verm next and then poured the waterwith spores on top, and then covered with some more verm, and the some topsoil. it occured to me just readin this though that i shouldve prob mixed in some brf, but ah well. itd be cool to see somethin happens if it does. if not what do i got to lose, ya know. hope it works for you bro. wait a minute, i hope it works for me too hehe, just dont expect much. the manure idea is prob a much safer bet..

--------------------
the truth and reason for the above post has been diminished by its very beginning..holding no facts,, but squeezing every bit of fiction...

how 'bout a hug??...

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
    #752325 - 07/16/02 11:16 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If your worried about getting caught with jars, why would you even want to grow them outside? An outside patch would be a bit more noticable than a little rubbermaid cooler tucked away in the corner of the basement.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

OfflineSHO_NUFF
Stranger

thanks guys [Re: Drummer]
    #754242 - 07/17/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

buh huh

well if you read my first post, I am planning to put them in lots of different places..

also, I said brf OR manure. but thanks anyways.

Well my family is not mycologists, do you think when they see mushrooms growing behind a tree they'll say DAVID YOU"RE OUT OF THE HOUSE.. I mean there are wild mushrooms around..

but getting caught with jars would be harder to explain.. hehe one tiem I tried growing weed and got caught, but I think my mom beleived me that they were just normal plants.. or maybe denial.. or maybe she just pretending.

anyways I think what I'll do is grab some manure, mix it in with topsoil, spray spores on top and put 4 inches of topsoil back on.. and spray all over the place.. maybe neighbors yards too.. nah they'd probably get mowed.

I just hope they can flush before winter..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate