Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerandy420rhoads
Male

More possible subbs (better pics)
    #7510991 - 10/11/07 09:52 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Went out and bought a new camera, still not very good quality but better than before.

Cap: conical to convex, Tan to brown, some with radial lines

Stem: white to tan, lines runing up and slightly curling around

gills: Brown to dark brown, smaller ones close, larger distant

Habitat: goose shit fertilized park lawn

Bruising: possibly a little blue around the bottom but maybe it's grey ...or nothing

spore print: black (but not positive it's jet black)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
Re: More possible subbs (better pics) [Re: randy420rhoads]
    #7511031 - 10/11/07 10:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

looks about right. man, you just need to eat some. You aren't gonna die or get sick from mushrooms that look like that and print dark brown or black, and if you think it's black and not brown, it probably is. Normally I would say the opposite, but in your case, you're not REALLLY REALLY wanting them to be black and arguing that they definitely are subbs, and you're being (overly, in this case) cautious about whether or not you're gonna eat the wrong thing.

I think this cautious attitude works in your favor in getting a positive ID. I also think that you aren't going to be one of those that want them to be subbs so badly that you're willing to fool yourself into thinking they have black prints when they don't.

Just my two cents, man. I think you should gather up a whole fuckload of them while the getting's good, print them, draw a line with a sharpie and compare, then enjoy the ride.

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Re: More possible subbs (better pics) [Re: PinheadX]
    #7511036 - 10/11/07 10:11 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

just a tip, try holding the button down slightly for a second or two before fully depressing it on your camera. That should allow the autofocus to work, resulting in clearer pics.

that is, unless this is a camera phone, in which case you're fucked.

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

- Philip K. Dick

Offlinerandy420rhoads
Male

Re: More possible subbs (better pics) [Re: PinheadX]
    #7511039 - 10/11/07 10:12 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks very much dude, i know i'm being overly cautious, it's just that i've heard there are alot of LBM's out there to hurt ya. But i guess i can never make any progress if i don't take any risks at all.

Guess i'll try pick them all and dry them, try a small peice and wait a few days, if i feel fine...eat the rest.

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

#7511068 - 10/11/07 10:22 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

hey, do what you feel comfortable with. I won't tell you to just eat something you don't feel is safe, but I think enough people would agree with what I said above, that you aren't going to die from eating subbs or subb look alikes with the characteristics you described.

that being said, I pick and eat subbs right out of the grass all the time lately. It's like... well, I picked it, but it's just the one all by itself... fuck it. munch munch munch. mmm tasty.

I'm still kicking, and didn't even get a gas pain from it.

again, I'm not recommending eating unidentified fungus. I'm just relating my experience. YMMV, don't follow my example, IANAL, you have the right to remain silent, and all that jazz...

--------------------
- Alan Rockefeller

- Philip K. Dick

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #7511235 - 10/11/07 11:11 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

They look pretty good (from what i can see in the pics) that print looks black to me! Subbs are a real safe mushroom to go after for beginners because if they are not subbs you got Pan foes witch are harmless.

Offlinerandy420rhoads
Male

Re: More possible subbs (better pics) [Re: fliped]
    #7511710 - 10/13/07 11:54 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I was worried about the different colors, they all seem to have the characterists of subs but the cap color varries so greatly. But now i feel alot better i was printing one with heavy dark brown radial lines and the next morning it was a completely different color, almost tan white. So i guess cap color doesn't mean much focus on the properties.

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

#7515411 - 10/14/07 11:27 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, they will change colors depending on many different factors, and age and dryness, both before and after picking, are main factors of the color change.

--------------------
- Alan Rockefeller

- Philip K. Dick

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract