Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
Bodily euphoria weed
    #7511179 - 10/11/07 11:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

When I first started smoking pot, it would give me pleasurable sensations throughout my body. I would love to stretch; it felt so good! I haven't experienced this awesome physical pleasure for a long time. I don't think that this effect was due to the fcat that I was new to smoking pot, I actually think it's due to the strains in circulation when I first started. Anybody know what strains producethe most pleasurable body sensations?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTylerxDurden
~~~~shoa
Male

Loc: California
Re: Bodily euphoria weed [Re: JunkFood]
    #7511215 - 10/12/07 12:07 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Don't know too many strains, but I do agree with you.

My first time had an awesome body high, and after I started buying slightly different stuff from a different dealer, it was much less pronounced. Now, I've gone to another dealer who has weed that will give me that same body high as when I first started. Definitely not a tolerance issue for me at least.

--------------------

OfflineKrissKross
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7511233 - 10/12/07 12:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Some people may disagree with me, but I assure you it was the fact that you were new to weed. I think there are at least 10 different kinds of THC and I believe the one that is believed to be responsible for over %90 of the high is Delta 9-THC. Supposedly different strains have different amounts of the different THC's and supposedely that is attributable to the different highs. For example Sativas are said to have a cerebral high where as Indicas are said to have a body high. Personaly I find that claim of different highs coming from different weeds to be somewhat questionable. Even if it where true the vast varietys of strains in circulation these days should ensure that some of that "special" weed would come your way sooner or later, unless u always get it from the same grower who grows the same strains or something. Sorry to burst your bubble, if you want to feel that way again I suggest taking a week to a months break and then hot knife some hash, or gravity bong a huge bowl of crystal. Not the best option if your a chrnoic but...

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
Re: Bodily euphoria weed [Re: KrissKross]
    #7511246 - 10/12/07 12:14 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just to correct you real quick: THC is the same exact thing as Delta-9 THC. What you mean by "THCs" is "cannabinoids".

OfflineKiller Sausage
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #7511899 - 10/13/07 01:46 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Indicas are most well known for their body effects. The user often becomes locked to his seat, and is delighted by the warm heavy body buzz that spreads all over, makin you sit perfectly still for a long time while off in a dream daze. Indicas often induce drowsiness, and hash made from Indicas have been compared to mild narcotics.

Sativas have their own body highs, although very different than Indica's. Indica's body buzz makes you feel like a warm fuzzy statue; Sativas on the other hand give you a very "mental" body buzz. It feels like as if you have 2 bodies, your physical one, and an energy one, and that you can feel the energy one radiatin out of you. It's really trippy and hard to describe, but it was most pronounced the first time I ever smoked weed. My friend who's blazed 3 times with me also experienced this crazy body high.

--------------------
CHECKLIST:
*cannabis, psilocybe, fly agaric, salvia, LSD, mescaline, AMT, LSA, 5meo-DMT, DMT.
(* = done it)

Sebastian23 on extractin THC from urine:
"I doubt it, and in any way that could be worth extracting trace chemicals from hella urine samples.
Thats like using recycled human shit to feed humans. It's just a bad idea."
LOL!!!

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
    #7511961 - 10/13/07 02:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i think it depends on the pot you're smoking, myself. i still get that feeling with some good bud. waves of body rushes... ah.. almost orgasmic = )

OfflineKrissKross
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7512241 - 10/13/07 03:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just to correct you real quick (or should i say slow?)

THC's Are a type of Cannabinoid that all share certain structural characteristics. There are at least 12 different THC type compounds occuring naturaly in the cannabis plant. at least two of those THC compounds that I know of begin with "Delta 8", those compounds being Delta 8 THC, and Delta 8 THC acid. There is also Cis Delta 9 THC, Delta 9 THC C1 (through to C5) and a variety of Delta 9 THC acids.

(from here on I will use the Δ symbol to denote the word delta in the name of a compound, as is the standard in organic chemistry)

There are compounds from other cannabinoid types that are essentialy named THC as well. The compounds:
8,9-Dihydroxy-Δ6a(10a)- tetrahydrocannabinol, (−)-6a,7,10a-Trihydroxy- Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol,
and 10-Oxo-Δ6a(10a)- tetrahydrocannabinol, are categorized as Cannabitriol-type (CBT). Although their abbreviated names reflect theyr type and not their full name, these three aforementioned compounds can be distinguished from the other cannbinoids in their type by the lack of hydroxide ions at the locations 9 and 10 on the alicyclic carbon ring. In the type Isocannabinoids there exists the compound (−)-Δ7-trans-(1R,3R,6R)- Isotetrahydrocannabinol.

Im not sure if that is a complete list or not. All of the previously mentioned compounds actualy occur naturally in Cannabis resin. If you include the THC's that don't occur in weed then you can get Delta 7,8,9 or 10 THC's of a large variety as well as possibly others.

Of all the cannabinoids contained in weed it is of course the THC types that are responsible for the bulk of its psychoactive properties. Of all the other cannabinoid types contained in weed (at least 11 types,) only two that I know of are believed to have an effect on the psychoactive experience. Those two types are CBN and THCV.

CBN is a degradation product of THC. the concentration of CBN in weed increases over time (and of course The THC content will decreases at the same rate). CBN is only mildly psychoactive and, apparently, its effects are "perceived to be sedative or stupefying." Sounds like burnout to me, which is what you get from bunk weed. If you want more of this in your weed simply expose it to as much air and light as possible. However CBN is a degradation product of THC and therefore the amount contained in your weed are determined by three fators, those being the amount of THC, the rate of degradation, and time. by storing your weed for a long time in the right conditions you could probly get lots of this, but it would be at the expense of THC which is more potent.

THCV Is very similar to THC in structure (the side chain is shortened by two CH2 groups.) THCV acts to block CB1 receptors, (which are the ones that are in your brain.) In other words it weakens the high that you feel. Apparently there are very high concentrations in some strains from southern Africa and southeast Asia.

The only other cannabinoid I know of that's worth mentioning is CBD. Although CBD is not psychoactive (does not get you high) it is believed to reduce convulsions, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea. This cannabinoid type has a stronger effect on the CB2 receptors (which are mainly found in the immune system and hematopoietic cells {stem cells which turn into different types of blood cells}) than it does on CB1 receptors. Some people seem to believe that CBD does have an effect on the high, either producing a more sedative effect or a more of a body effect or both. It is agreed that CBD has no psychoactive effect when used on its own. CBD is one of the most abundant cannabinoids in weed and is the number one cannabinoid in low-THC cannabis strains. Some research suggests that CBD may actually increase alertness.

In conclusion, many different kinds of THC exist and they are the only cannabinoids (with the exception of CBN which you dont want anyways) that have been proven beyond a doubt to get you high. CBD is believed by some to create a body high, I disagree, but its a moot point since it is contained in high concentrations in all weed and therefore should still be able to get you that body high, if in fact it where capable of doing so.

On a non scientific note, I have smoked weed chronicaly for years and the only time I get that body feeling (if its the same thing you have experienced) is when i take a break, or smoke lots of something super potent (meaning hash, crystal, oil etc.)or both. I have traveled around western Canada (British Columbia, Alberta) and purchased many different looking buds (and extracts for that matter) and have never been able to identify any different kinds of highs, but thats just me. I know there are tonnes of strains I have never and will never try, but I still do not believe in any kind of a special body high.

I had to look allot of that info up because I wasn't sure. Its been a few years since I took an interest in the pharmacology of weed, and back then I was too young to grasp it as well as I did this time. Thanks for getting me interested again, now I will have plenty of conversation material next time the subject of weed highs comes up.

Edited by KrissKross (10/13/07 03:33 PM)

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: Bodily euphoria weed [Re: KrissKross]
    #7512248 - 10/13/07 03:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

some sativa last night had me at a point where i felt like that moment right before you cum for about half an hour. it was great

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

Re: Bodily euphoria weed [Re: pong]
    #7512515 - 10/13/07 05:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

answer:get some good weed
freeze the lid of a coffe grinder, and grind the weed in it
after u grind it up for like 10 seconds, all the crystal will be stuck to the lid of the grinder.. (pack this in your bowl)

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

OfflineXeluc
Traveler
Male

Re: Bodily euphoria weed [Re: RedRainDrop]
    #7513862 - 10/13/07 11:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

just thought id throw in my thoughts. I too had that amazing body feeling when I first started smoking. Sadly, I doubt it will ever come back. Smoking real good weed is real good, but theres a part of the feeling you'll never get back IMO. I think it is because it had different effects back before your brain learned to recognize what being high felt like. It's sad, really.

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Potland, OR
Re: Bodily euphoria weed [Re: Xeluc]
    #7514121 - 10/14/07 12:31 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My wife made some butter with some "leftovers" (stems, shake, dirtweed, etc.) and this morning I melted a couple teaspoons in some instant hot chocolate. Awesome body rush, nailed to the chair watching "Brain Candy" by KitH. Just did it again with a tablespoon. It's flowing over my body in tingly warm waves. Could be a synergistic thing with the chocolate, though. I highly recommend it. When my hash hookup comes back home, I think I'll make some EXTRA SPECIAL butter and repeat the experiment.

--------------------
All posts were channeled through the user by typing the thoughts of telepathic beings.  All photos are of paranormal origin and do not represent the physical world, as we know it.  BrandNoob shall not be held accountable for the actions of deceased or hyperdimensional individuals.

Offlinedruglord
Stranger
    #7518578 - 10/15/07 08:43 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think another major factor is what you are focusing on. You can be completely focused on your thoughts, for example, and not even notice the body high even though it's there.

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: Bodily euphoria weed [Re: druglord]
    #7518991 - 10/15/07 12:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

very true.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Amazon Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience