Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Different credit card worry.
    #728491 - 07/07/02 06:12 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not worried that some hacker is going to intercept and decrypt my order and steal my credit card number. That's pretty silly.
Here's the thing. When you buy something with a credit card, the credit card company keeps a record saying that [your full name] bought [substance] from [supplier] on [date]. So they're building up a database of everything you've ever bought.
And I just assume that the U.S. government reads these lists, or at least scans them (Carnivore? Echelon?) for certain combinations of keywords or sources to be 'flagged.' The small invasion of privacy is outweighed by our need for homeland security, right?
I'm not planning on ordering anything illegal. I'm not doing anything criminal with it. But just because it's legal doesn't mean they're not going to put your name on their "known drug person to bust as soon as we get some real dirt on them" list. And I'd rather not be on that list, as long as I'm living in a country whose treatement of drug offenders is considered a violation of human rights by Amnesty International.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Xibalba]
    #729406 - 07/07/02 01:38 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Different credit card worry. [Re: Macey Howard]
    #729419 - 07/07/02 01:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Moe, you're my favorite post whore

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Different credit card worry. [Re: Xibalba]
    #729503 - 07/07/02 02:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My credit card statements just list the company that hold the merchant account and how much was billed. It lists no details of the transaction such as which items were ordered. For instance when I bought some wide mouth canning jars my statement simply read 'kitchenstuffontheweb.com'. Now the merchant knows what you bought, but there's no reason to give that data to the authorities unless subpeoned (sp).

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleSalsDali
Re: Different credit card worry. [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #744459 - 07/13/02 09:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

RailGun,
Most CC statements that my friend has seen are somewhat anon but once my friend saw something on his/her statement and couldn't figure out what it was for so he/she called the CC company and asked and they pulled up on their computer (not the merchants computer) some more detail on that transaction, like specifically what it was for, so yeah in essence CC companies know everything UNLESS OF COURSE YOU USE CASH!
Shit, I read once where a customer at a supermarket was denied being sold a bottle of booze because his discount card thingy said that he had purchased too much in such and such period of time.
Moral, even if you use cash at a supermarket but use a discount card you have essentially given a receipt to the store of what YOU bought.
Drugs don't make people paranoid, Drug Laws make people paranoid.

--------------------
Does an ounce of weed weigh more than an ounce of feathers?

Edited by SalsDali (07/13/02 09:11 PM)

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#750872 - 07/16/02 11:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

Offlinepdope
Stranger
Re: Different credit card worry. [Re: Barbi]
    #759995 - 07/19/02 06:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

About carnivore... its a BIG FUCKING JOKE. Lol its a quad xeon standalone computer that they must bring to a datacenter, and plugin between two email servers. That's all that carnivore is used for, specific investigations. As far a credit cards go, the government has instant access to the major processing companies recordsisisies.. still not a big deal- but just pay cash if your all that worried.

OfflinetheDEA
not really theDEA
Loc: Earth
Re: Different credit card worry. [Re: pdope]
    #784129 - 07/29/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

big brother bringing me down.....
I did see on the news some time ago that the number of FBI agents focused on drugs was being decreased with the greater imphasis on homeland security. Someday they might learn that the drug war is a lost cause with the only winners being the major players, aka drug loards, who never get caught. It is sad that so many people are in prison for controlled substances. Drug abuse is a social problem not a criminal one. Recreational drug use isn't a problem at all IMO. When will they learn?

--------------------
he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

Offlineleonpron
Man with largenipple
    #787945 - 07/31/02 08:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

FYI: The DEA does indeed purchase credit card record en masse for credit card companies. If you care one bit about your privacy, DO NOT USE CREDIT CARDS. If you are purchasing anything that could be in any way construed to abet an illegal activity, and you want maximum security, I strongly recommend that you get a PO BOX under a nonexistent name. Is that illegal? Yep, you bet, but its the most security you are going to get. Beyond that, do all your transactions in cash. Not even money orders, those have your real name on them. It may sound risky to send greenbacks in envelopes, but I have had nothing but success with this approach. Just conceal your money well.

--------------------
remove all SPAM!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates