Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineiloveboomers
Stranger

i'm going insane
    #7507015 - 10/10/07 08:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I've been eating mushrooms and smoking weed for four years, but I decided to try acid for the first time three months ago during the summer. ever since the day i tried it, i've just felt like shit. No longer can i enjoy things that once gave me pleasure, and I feel like i've been cut off from the world. I seem to have no personality, and i can no longer have a normal conversation with anyone, i just feel awkward and like nothing really matters. At first, i thought the feelings would go away, like they did a couple weeks after i ate shrooms, but i've been getting worse, and decided to take my mom's depression pills today. It hasn't really worked. I have panic attacks, which is unsual, and even my friends say i've really changed. I am realizing things that i've never realized before, like how fucked up my family really is, and how unimportant other people and things are to me, and even little things that are irrelevant, i feel so lonely. I'm no longer an A student, i'm struggling to get c's, even though i try at school. I feel like I can't learn things anymore. No one can help me, and i feel like my life is fucked up. and, even though i'm ashamed to admitt it, i feel like i need to commit suicide one of these days.and dont get worried about me commiting suicide guys, its just a feeling, i could probably never kill myself. every day feels like a struggle, and i never used to be like this. I used to be this very bright, intelligant kid, and now i'm a screw up. and i'm trying to hide it from everyone else, which makes things even worse. the thing is, i used to be a bit depressive untill the day i smoked a bud for the first time. I was happy ever since, but i think marijuana doesn't make me as happy anymore, if anything it makes matters worse as well, so those days are over. I was reading up on my symptoms, and i suppose i could have Psychosis, or be scitzophrenic I just dont know what to do anymore i guess I'm going insane.

Edited by iloveboomers (10/10/07 08:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: i'm going insane [Re: iloveboomers]
    #7507073 - 10/10/07 09:00 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

And what exactly do you feel sad about? I think that a part of the reason you feel so is because you feel like you have to hide your "failures" from everybody else. I see no reason in doing so. As a matter of fact, I think it' quite silly.
So what if before you were a grade A student and not you're struggling for C's? THIS is who you are NOW. This is how you currently feel and pretending that you don't is a major hold back. Denying the fact that we all have ups and downs in our lives is a major seat back. You're not going insane if you don't allow yourself to.
Right now you're in a weak moment and maybe you should ask yourself why. Maybe you could ask yourself what's wrong with your attitude and what needs to be changed. From what you described here I see one thing that needs to be changed: you becoming honest. With yourself and others. This doesn't mean that you have to scream out loud that ever since you took acid you're not the same. But it means that you have to stop pretending that you're ok when in fact you feel sad. Because this state of denial generates more problems than you could think, it is what makes you confused and alienated. Maybe there are more things that you need to change, but this is for you to decide because you know yourself and your life. Good luck.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleBIGROM
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm going insane [Re: iloveboomers]
    #7507094 - 10/10/07 09:04 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

u should probably talk to a therapist, sounds like ur problems started when u smoked weed to make u happy

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlineiloveboomers
Stranger

Re: I'm going insane [Re: BIGROM]
    #7507107 - 10/10/07 09:08 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

the thing is i didnt though, in fact i almost didn't want to smoke weed for the first time, i guess you could say i was peer pressured, becuase i didn't have any other friends, and my only friend smoked weed. and i lived a very normal life between then and now

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: I'm going insane [Re: iloveboomers]
    #7507991 - 10/11/07 07:47 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It's the weed. Happened to me too. I counted on it to lift my mood too much. Take a break from cannabis. Socialize more, even if you don't feel like it. People can't live without interaction with others. Drugs can fill that void for a little while, but then they stop working.

Try life without cannabis for a while.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: I'm going insane [Re: BIGROM]
    #7508118 - 10/11/07 08:50 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BIGROM said:
u should probably talk to a therapist, sounds like ur problems started when u smoked weed to make u happy

Truth be told, this is probably an excellent route to take if you are looking to get yourself out of this rut. Talking to anyone is a great way to do it. Some times it is easier to talk to a complete stranger than it is to talk to a friend.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

#7508407 - 10/11/07 10:45 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

iloveboomers said:
I've been eating mushrooms and smoking weed for four years, but I decided to try acid for the first time three months ago during the summer. ever since the day i tried it, i've just felt like shit. No longer can i enjoy things that once gave me pleasure, and I feel like i've been cut off from the world. I seem to have no personality, and i can no longer have a normal conversation with anyone, i just feel awkward and like nothing really matters. At first, i thought the feelings would go away, like they did a couple weeks after i ate shrooms, but i've been getting worse, and decided to take my mom's depression pills today. It hasn't really worked. I have panic attacks, which is unsual, and even my friends say i've really changed. I am realizing things that i've never realized before, like how fucked up my family really is, and how unimportant other people and things are to me, and even little things that are irrelevant, i feel so lonely. I'm no longer an A student, i'm struggling to get c's, even though i try at school. I feel like I can't learn things anymore. No one can help me, and i feel like my life is fucked up. and, even though i'm ashamed to admitt it, i feel like i need to commit suicide one of these days.and dont get worried about me commiting suicide guys, its just a feeling, i could probably never kill myself. every day feels like a struggle, and i never used to be like this. I used to be this very bright, intelligant kid, and now i'm a screw up. and i'm trying to hide it from everyone else, which makes things even worse. the thing is, i used to be a bit depressive untill the day i smoked a bud for the first time. I was happy ever since, but i think marijuana doesn't make me as happy anymore, if anything it makes matters worse as well, so those days are over. I was reading up on my symptoms, and i suppose i could have Psychosis, or be scitzophrenic I just dont know what to do anymore i guess I'm going insane.

This sounds just like my story down to the very detail, including the mushrooms and pot use, then tried acid once, and never was the same. Everyone said I was different, I felt the way you did, realized all these crazy things about my family and life. Had a big existential crisis about reality and time and space and all that good stuff. I definitely had a psychotic break, had panic attacks, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, major depression, PTSD (ego death), and more. I "worked on myself" for the next 2 years, and that almost brings us to the present where I'm feeling better than ever, but still with anxiety.

The way I saw it was this: I had TONS of issues that were hidden in my mind that were never dealt with, from alcoholic father to interfamily issues, friend issues, and more. I think the acid kicked me into a higher state of awareness where some of this subconcious material was pushed into my consciousness, and having to face all of this sucked and made me feel like crap. As I dealt with each issue, things got a little better. As I learned more healthier ways of thinking, things got a little better. As I learned healthier coping methods, things got better. I learned to say no to others, yes to myself, stop viewing myself as inferior, and billion other things.

It may not be the case with you, but think about it. You might have a ton of unhealthy habits, thoughts, memories, and its now time to deal with them.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

OfflineMK Ultra
Stranger

Re: I'm going insane [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7508461 - 10/11/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think it's fair or accurate to blame any drug for a person's mental state after the drug has worn off. Maybe you used weed too much because you liked the lift it gave your mood and maybe acid opened your eyes to some things you'd rather not see. All drugs are not for everyone, and unfortunately, the only way to know which you like and which you don't is to become a human guinea pig and try them out.

It doesn't sound like psychosis or schizophrenia, which are marked by hallucinations (hearing voices, seeing things that aren't there, living in a fantasy world, etc.) but it's possible that a drug like acid could've negatively impacted your brain chemistry. You really didn't provide enough information to be sure.

What drugs have you done in the past? Do mood disorders run in your family? Did you have a "bad trip" on acid or did the effects just set in afterward? Did you have any insights that were difficult for you while on acid or other drugs? What else (besides trying acid) changed in your life around the time you started feeling this way? You say you started taking your mom's depression meds: did you quit them abruptly or mix them with other medications? What specific medication is it you're taking from your mom? The questions could go on and on.

The best advice I can give is to do things to naturally boost neurotransmitters like serotonin and norepinephrine: get plenty of sunlight/fresh air, do yoga, meditate, smoke cannabis every now and then, eat walnuts (serotonin-rich food source), journal and do creative writing, exercise daily, and get plenty of sleep at night. Take a break from ALL hallucinogens and hard drugs and only use cannabis moderately, like once a week or less if you still want to, as it boosts serotonin, as well. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with going to a psychologist or counselor, but it's not wise to take another person's prescription medication, especially antidepressants, which can cause SERIOUS mental side effects if taken by the wrong person (i.e. bi-polar people should NEVER take SSRIs due to the risk of mania, etc.) Psychiatric meds, while prescribed freely, have serious effects on the mind and body and can cause everything from seizures to suicidal tendencies to weight gain and much more. Relying on Prozac or Zoloft for depression is no better than relying on cocaine to boost your energy or taking mushrooms to "cure" autism.

The bottom line: just be aware of the substances you put into your body and to things everyday that will lead to increased health and wellbeing. While you may not "enjoy" exercising, laughing with friends, or doing all the other little things that make life special right NOW, do them anyway and with all your heart and soul. Eventually, they WILL bring you joy again, provided you've dealt with the proverbial demons that are hauting you in the present.

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #7509769 - 10/11/07 05:22 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

How long has it been since you quit smoking weed? Took me at least a couple weeks after quitting before I felt normal again.

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger

Re: i'm going insane [Re: Neon]
    #7511306 - 10/11/07 11:37 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

iloveboomers,

not to sound callous, but I get the impression you made this story up.

if not so, feel free to pm me if you want and we can talk about it.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7511361 - 10/12/07 12:01 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

iloveboomers, I've been there and done that man. Don't let it get to you, you'll pull out of it. People react different to different substances, and I'm guessing you are like me. Everytime I've done LSD I feel sort of the way you do afterwards. However, it's was easy to pull out of that state once I recognized that it was just a chemical imbalance in the brain (serotonin). Just try eating right, getting exercise, and taking B12 and folic acid supplements. This is what works for me.

If all else fails you might want to consider trying out an SSRI. You will get better though just keep positive thoughts, I know it can be tough sometimes when you feel like you can't control the way you are. Keep your head up, though. :smile:

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: I'm going insane [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7511369 - 10/12/07 12:05 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
It's the weed. Happened to me too. I counted on it to lift my mood too much.

I highly doubt that marijuana is the main source of his problem, I'd be more willing to place my bet on the psychedelics over marijuana anyday. Marijuana doesn't play around with your brain's neurochemical functions to the extent that psychedelics like LSD do.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: i'm going insane [Re: mushroomplume]
    #7511489 - 10/12/07 01:28 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

oliveplume said:
iloveboomers,

not to sound callous, but I get the impression you made this story up.

if not so, feel free to pm me if you want and we can talk about it.

And what exactly makes you think that he made this up? :strokebeard:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineiloveboomers
Stranger

Re: i'm going insane [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7519772 - 10/15/07 02:42 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I can assure you all, i'm not making this story up. In fact, today things have gotten even worse, as almost everyone i was associated with seems to know there is somthing seriously wrong with me. i've been trying to do things to boost my seratonin like you say, sleeping more, eating right, actually talking to people, stopped smoking weed for a week, and tried to relax to the best of my ability this weekend. It seems as though i've lost my ability to think straight, when i'm around people i can't think normally, and when i try to speak, i sound retarded. This leads me to say nothing at all when i'm around people, which as you could imagine, doesn't work very well-makes things very akward, but i feel akward when i'm speaking, so there is nothing i can do at the moment. When i'm alone, i'm much more relaxed, but my thoughts aren't clear. I can recall when i took the acid, and i feel like maybe that's the root of the problem. before i took it, i was totally normal. I took two hits of what was (as i was told) really good acid. it was about 11:00 at night when i dropped them, and i was hanging out at a friends house. they fell asleep right around when i was peeking, and i can remember feeling totally fucked up, sitting on a chair doing nothing for the entire night. just sitting and looking around. I had no one to talk to. I think i experienced a bad trip, somthing i've never been able to experience before. do you think this could be what caused my state of illness? Would it solve my problems if i trip again, but this time in the best environment possible?( i.e. with my best friends, alone in a soothing place )

Edited by iloveboomers (10/15/07 03:35 PM)

Offlineiloveboomers
Stranger

#7519902 - 10/15/07 03:13 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

and things seem worse in the mornings, as i feel blank headed, and my symptoms are in greater effect such as feeling like i'm always in a panic mode no matter what i do. ocasionally, by nighttime i can feel somewhat normal, but when i wake up the next day, it starts all over again, and i feel worse than i did before. I'm not suicidal, even though to be honest, i wish i could be. I just couldn't do that to the people i love. so please dont worry about saying somthing that could make me "click" and want to kill myself. your opinions are open to me no matter what they are.

Edited by iloveboomers (10/15/07 03:25 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7520219 - 10/15/07 04:51 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, tripping could help you.
And at least, it can't so any worse.
Maybe you should take mushrooms though, if your experiences with them were better.
You can get out of this if you set your mind to it and if you're really determined to do so. It will probably take time and a lot of patience and tough moments, but I think that what you will learn from it, the person you will become afterwards it fully worth the sacrifice. And it's not like you really have any other options because life is to be enjoyed and right now you can't do that anymore.
You can't have a "normal" conversation because you are in a different state than the majority of people. I wouldn't exactly call it worse because it's not, considering the potential of self improvement that it can provide you with. So let's just leave it at different. I wouldn't even advice you to push yourself into having any kind of conversation which blocks you.
Spent time with yourself and try to be as lucid as possible regarding your thoughts. Instead of identifying yourself with them, try to observe them from a detached point of view. This is not impossible to do and once you'll realize that it stays in your powers to do so, you will gain more confidence in yourself. Needless to say that this will help you a lot in eliminating in an efficient manner the causes of your stress.
Also I suggest to you to start reading some Stanislav Grof ( The Adventure of Self-Discovery and Spiritual Emergency are excellent).
Try to find things that you like... Art, lots of nature, being around animals... these things all help more than any anti depressant would do, and without the horrible side effects. :smile:
If you need more advice feel free to PM me. :smile:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #7520656 - 10/15/07 06:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

iloveboomers said:
I've been eating mushrooms and smoking weed for four years, but I decided to try acid for the first time three months ago during the summer. ever since the day i tried it, i've just felt like shit. No longer can i enjoy things that once gave me pleasure, and I feel like i've been cut off from the world. I seem to have no personality, and i can no longer have a normal conversation with anyone, i just feel awkward and like nothing really matters. At first, i thought the feelings would go away, like they did a couple weeks after  i ate shrooms, but i've been getting worse, and decided to take my mom's depression pills today. It hasn't really worked. I have panic attacks, which is unsual, and even my friends say i've really changed. I am realizing things that i've never realized before, like how fucked up my family really is, and how unimportant other people and things are to me, and even little things that are irrelevant, i feel so lonely. I'm no longer an A student, i'm struggling to get c's, even though i try at school. I feel like I can't learn things anymore. No one can help me, and i feel like my life is fucked up. and, even though i'm ashamed to admitt it, i feel like i need to commit suicide one of these days.and dont get worried about me commiting suicide guys, its just a feeling, i could probably never kill myself. every day feels like a struggle, and i never used to be like this. I used to be this very bright, intelligant kid, and now i'm a screw up. and i'm trying to hide it from everyone else, which makes things even worse. the thing is, i used to be a bit depressive untill the day i smoked a bud for the first time. I was happy ever since, but i think marijuana doesn't make me as happy anymore, if anything it makes matters worse as well, so those days are over. I was reading up on my symptoms, and i suppose i could have Psychosis, or be scitzophrenic I just dont know what to do anymore i guess I'm going insane.

I Think this is all a part of evolution for the soul. Hang in there and you will get thru it. Not everybody does. :thumbup:

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7525295 - 10/16/07 08:31 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

iluvboomers, I really think that you need to stay away from psychedelics for a good while. Maybe they're just not for you, and I'm almost certain that it's part of what messed with your head. I've known people that can't use these substances, because they get all out of whack and have to work real hard to get it together again(mentally). Then they just repeat the process and do psychedelics again for some reason once they get their head straight finally.  :shrug:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: i'm going insane [Re: Robo]
    #7525414 - 10/16/07 08:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

He said he's been taking mushrooms for four years and no bad experiences.
He had a tough experience with acid and now he's not fit for taking psychedelics anymore. :rolleyes:
Sounds to me more like an exclusivist snobbery that actually giving a valid advice.
I think he knows better what he has to do and the only "advice" that he needs right now because he's a little confused is that there's nothing wrong with him, is just life, and as long as he realizes that accepts it as it is, everything shall be fine.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: i'm going insane [Re: MushroomTrip] * 1
    #7525544 - 10/16/07 09:17 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

All I'm saying is that from the degree of concern I sense in his one-block paragraph typing, possibly the result of being lost or frantic, I see myself in him. Most of what he is describing sounds exactly like how I felt the first time I had an experience with LSD. Perhaps I was too young at the time, or perhaps my mind was not ready for such an experience. Anyways, I've been in that post-psychedelic frantic state of mind and it's not fun believe me, especially when you can't snap out of it.

I found my way around it eventually and how to prevent it in the future, but some people may not. I'm not offering snobbery but rather advice based on personal experience. Some people don't need to use psychedelics; and I was also fine with mushrooms, my problems did not begin until LSD came along. Some might say that the two are similar in many ways, but LSD tends to be a bit more heavier on the mind and impacting than psilocybin(in my personal experience, everyone is different of course). Just offering my 2 cents, please don't attempt to degrade me or accuse me of snobbery when I am sincerely trying to offer sound and reasonable advice.

-Thanks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder