Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
the album thread
    #7505880 - 10/10/07 03:26 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

as i search for good music on the internet i often stumble on bands from all genres. i use direct download links from the likes of rapidshare, mediafire, megaupload & so on. i assume you all know how to use the sites so i won't bother explaining them.

so i thought once in a while when i find something i think others may enjoy i'd post it here.

all the uploads are done by someone else, i merely find the links and use them and as always, when i like what i hear i try to buy the album from stores.

i've seen links as these posted here before so i don't think it'll bother anyone. of course if this crosses the shroomery policy i apologize.

***REPORT DEAD LINKS IF YOU FIND THEM***

so here we go:

some jesu albums:

found here

Jesu (pronounced "yayzu") is an experimental/drone doom/post-metal band formed in 2003 by Justin Broadrick following the breakup of Godflesh. Jesu was the name of the last song on the final Godflesh release, 'Hymns' and Broadrick decided to adopt it as the name of his new project

http://www.avalancheinc.co.uk/jesu.html

Self Titled
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCY5VFWQ

Silver
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A8O5CLY8

Conquerer
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5J7HJV3P

--------------------

Edited by Bridgeburner (10/27/07 03:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the album thread [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7505898 - 10/10/07 03:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Ulver (Norwegian for “wolves”) is a multi-disciplinary musical group from Norway. Since their first, folklore-influenced black metal release in 1992, Ulver’s style has ever been changing by mixing elements of experimental, electronic and ambient music, avant-garde rock, trip hop.

Shadows of the sun

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7505934 - 10/10/07 03:40 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Opeth - Ghost Reveries (Special Limited Edition / DVD)

A special edition of the album was released by Roadrunner Records on October 31, 2006. It is packaged in a large digipak and contains a CD and DVD, along with new cover art and an extended booklet featuring extra album artwork and a letter from Mikael Åkerfeldt. The CD contains the original tracks from the album as well as a bonus cover of "Soldier of Fortune" by Deep Purple, which was recorded as a live take with the band's new drummer, Martin Axenrot. The DVD contains a Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound mix (though does not include the bonus track), and 40 minute documentary, and the video for "The Grand Conjuration". This documentary details the making of Ghost Reveries, offering a behind-the-scenes look at the band's day-to-day life while recording and touring.

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7505947 - 10/10/07 03:44 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Killing Joke is an influential English post-punk rock band formed in 1979. Founding members Jeremy "Jaz" Coleman (vocal, keyboards and arrangements) and Geordie Walker (guitars) have been the only constant members.

Regarded as one of the most significant bands to have emerged from the post-punk/New Wave era of the late-1970s/early-1980s, Killing Joke strongly influenced bands such as Nirvana, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Big Black, Prong, Metallica, Jane's Addiction, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Econoline Crush, Faith No More and Korn, all of whom have at some point cited a substantial debt of gratitude to 'The Joke'.

Original drummer "Big Paul" Ferguson once described their music as "the sound of the earth vomiting". Killing Joke's music typically consists of hypnotic, metallic guitars and heavy, tribal, and danceable rhythms. Coleman's vocals are sometimes in a talk-sing style, sometimes a malevolent-sounding growl and sometimes emotional and melodic. Dark, ominous synthesizer loops and even sweeping, gothic keyboards appear to varying degrees, and indeed were a song-driving element on their mid 80s albums. Geordie never plays solos but his unique style has earned him praise from the likes of Edward Van Halen and Jimmy Page.

Hosannas from the basement of hell

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7512045 - 10/13/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Milking the Sacred Cow is a Best Of album released by the Dead Kennedys in October of 2007. It features the best-known songs from the Dead Kennedys plus two previously unreleased live tracks, “Soup Is Good Food" and "Jock-O-Rama", the studio versions of which can be found on the album Frankenchrist.

dead kennedys - milking the sacred cow

1. California Uber Alles 3:28
2. Police Truck 2:26
3. Kill The Poor 3:08
4. Holiday In Cambodia 3:45
5. Nazi Punks 1:04
6. Too Drunk To Fuck 2:41
7. Viva Las Vegas 2:41
8. Moon Over Marin 3:43
9. Halloween 3:36
10. MTV Get Off The Air 3:38
11. Soup Is Good Food (Live) 4:39
12. Jock-O-Rama (Live) 4:19

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7518328 - 10/15/07 02:48 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Coheed and Cambria is a progressive rock band from Nyack, New York and Kingston, New York. Coheed and Cambria have released three studio albums, two live albums, and various special-edition re-releases. Their albums are concept albums, revealing the plot of an overarching storyline, The Amory Wars. The band plans to release a total of five albums describing the saga The Amory Wars. To date, three studio albums have been released: The Second Stage Turbine Blade (2002), In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 (2003), and Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (2005). These albums make up the second, third, and half of the fourth part of the four-part saga of Coheed and Cambria, respectively. The albums are being released out of sequence; the second part was released first, and the first part will be released last.

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow

*DEAD LINK REPLACED*

--------------------

Edited by Bridgeburner (10/27/07 04:13 PM)

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #7520255 - 10/15/07 05:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I already have most of those :smile: Don't need the Dead Kennedys Best Of as I already own all their albums :grin:

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the album thread [Re: Sheepish]
    #7522694 - 10/16/07 11:19 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

ELECTRIC WIZARD - WITCHCULT TODAY

the new album has arrived.

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

#7523431 - 10/16/07 02:17 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

God fucking damnit. File requested does not exist. Everytime I try to download that kind of shit, I get the same error.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7523528 - 10/16/07 02:39 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

which link did that?

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

#7526104 - 10/16/07 11:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The new Electric Wizard link. I have terrible luck with RapidShare.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7526639 - 10/17/07 04:25 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

works fine for me.

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7540363 - 10/20/07 06:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

the puscifer EP

Tool's mainmans new band.

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7565992 - 10/27/07 07:40 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

puscifer

Tool's mainmans new band.

pw: www.mediaportal.ru

----------------------------------------------------
Tracklisting
----------------------------------------------------
1. "Queen B"
2. "DoZo"
3. "Vagina Mine"
4. "Momma Sed"
5. "Drunk With Power"
6. "The Undertaker"
7. "Trekka"
8. "Indigo Children"
9. "Sour Grapes"
10. "Rev 22:20"

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7566770 - 10/27/07 01:15 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

DUDE thank you! :bow:

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the album thread [Re: Middleman]
    #7566969 - 10/27/07 02:51 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

woven hand - mosaic

Edwards' music is an enchanting otherworldly brew. Joined by Ordy Garrison on percussion, Daniel McMahon on keys and Elin Palmer on strings, Edwards builds his compositions off haunting melodies set to the tender strain of a banjo, hypnotic percussion and the faint sound of a piano or organ.

Whether the Biblical references inspire heartfelt devotion or confused indifference, it is the power of the words and the convicting passionate authority with which they are sung that bring
s Edwards' songs to another level. Like his previous contributions as WovenHand and as the frontman for 16 Horsepower, Edwards' devotion is as unmistakable as the original sound he has forged. The music is brooding, dark and somehow maintains a tight grip on hope itself.

The circle is vicious of
Thoughts altogether vain
Haunted by battles lost
Still living on Idian land

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7566977 - 10/27/07 02:54 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

phobos - tectonics

1. Nietzschean Dynamics
2. Gregarious >mp3
3.Wisdoom
4.Monochrome Red >mp3
5.Engulfed In Subduction
6.Nihil Credo
7.Inseminator / Matrix
8.Dormant / Dead End

Melding industrial inspirations with a mechanically dark nature, P.H.O.B.O.S. aim to recapture the atmosphere of bands like the much revered Godflesh here on “Tectonics”. For the most part, the brainchild of Frederic Sacri, listeners can expect cold, steely manipulations of sound designed to paint a bleak landscape of sonic thunder.

As the composer trudges through dirging passages of pure steel and molten lava, the listener is compelled to enter the dark underworld of dissonance that is P.H.O.B.O.S., with tracks such as “Nietzschean Dynamics” and “Nihil Credo” sounding as if they were forged at the Earth’s very core. Electric techno-doom prevails as the record continues.

Aurally bleak percussive tones are enhanced by forceful axe grinding, digital effects and raw, raspy growls that beckon you to step even further into a vast, uncertain abyss as the album progresses. “Gregarious” is hugely gritty, an industrial strength dose of robotic pounding that makes Trent Renzor look like a schoolgirl in comparison. Steely and as sharp as a fine Japanese sword, “Monochrome Red” takes you on a harsh journey into that which is purely electric; it’s employing saturated guitars for maximum squealing effect as a plodding beat pounds the listening subject into submission.

If you loved Godflesh’s “Streetcleaner”, this is an album that you will certainly want to pick up, as it thoughtfully expands on those bitter emotions in a soullessly pleasurable manner.

If you like a little bit of sunshine and optimism in your tunes, or if you prefer your music to sound like it was actually constructed by organic beings, take warning. From beginning to end, “Tectonics” is a cold and harsh affair. In fact, at times it can be a little too much – listening to this record in one sitting is difficult because it’s just so damn bleak. Nevertheless, “so damn bleak” is just how many Doomsters like their Metal and for the extremists out there P.H.O.B.O.S. will hit the spot. Check it out if you like GODFLESH or extreme Doom acts like KHANATE, or if you just happed to be afflicted with masochistic tendencies.

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7566982 - 10/27/07 02:57 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

striborg - ghostwoodlands

Black Metal/Ambient

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7566990 - 10/27/07 02:58 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7566995 - 10/27/07 03:00 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

candlegoat - night of the black noise

CandleGoat was born after a Sacrifice. A rabbit was chosen to begin the madness. And that rabbit became a noise.

Brian Eno, Sunn o))), Ulver, Merzbow, Oren Ambarchi, Burzum, Dargaard, Abigor (old), Mortiis (1st era), Jesu, Abruptum, Skepticism...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale