Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Psychotropic Shrooms Besides Psylocybes?
    #75029 - 04/13/00 04:17 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

What kind of other shrooms produce trips besides the psylocybe genus?

Are the psychedlic experiences different? More or less intense?

Are any of these legal and safe for consumption?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Psychotropic Shrooms Besides Psylocybes? [Re: Anonymous]
    #75030 - 04/14/00 10:20 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

no mushrooms containing psilocybin or psilocin are legal in canada or the US.
other genus that are active (but not all species within that genus) are
gymnopilus
Paneolis (if theres more than two active aming this genus i dont really know about it :P)
copelanda (i wonder, these seem o have a higer ratio of actives to non-actives than psilocybes...)
inocybe (many are poison tho)
conocybe (see above)
Galerina (many galerinas tend to be sorta very deadly)
Amanita (pantheria and muscaria (var.formosa) others in this genus include the worlds deadliest mushrooms)

the later contains no psilocin or psilocybin but (i think) Muscorum?
ive tried it, basically you vomit, then feel dizy and tired, oh boy. id call it more of a funky poison than a drug. simmilar to my opinion on nutmeg.

dont go picking without an experienced guide. I cant stress that enough. if you dont know any....well look where you are, the shroomery... ask around. it sure beats death, illness, hospital bills, angry parents, liver transplants, glasses of charcoal, kidney transplants, dialisis. etc.
might as well stick to the psilocybes ans paneolis tho. IMHO

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Psychotropic Shrooms Besides Psylocybes? [Re: Anonymous]
    #75031 - 04/14/00 07:32 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Worldwide there are over 214 recognized species of psychoactive mushrooms, of which 174 contain the psychomimetic principles of psilocybine and psilocine.

The neurotropic fungi are divided into several groups.
(1) species with psilocybine's indoles (P. cubensis, etc.); (2) species with ibotenic acid (a. muscaria, etc.); (3) ergot fungi (claciceps sp. i.e., LSD, etc.); and 94) species used as sacred fungi but without any reliable chemical studies.

In the first group are Psilocybe (117 species), Gyumnopilus (14 species), Panaeolus (13 species), Copelandia (12 species), Hypholoma (6 species, Pluteus (6 species), Inocybe (6 species), Conocybe (4 species), Panaeolina (4 species),Gerronema (2 species), and Agrocybe, Galerina and Mycena (each with one species).

In the second group are Amanita muscaira, A. Pantrherina and A. regalis, and two other species of Amanita.

In the third group are the ergot alkaloid fungi Claviceps of which there are 4 species and Cordyceps of which there are two species.

In the fourth group are the pscyhoactive bolets (two genera with eight species--Russula [6 species and 5 species in 3 genera of gasteromycetes, puffballs).

Mj

Anonymous

Re: Psychotropic Shrooms Besides Psylocybes? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #950193 - 10/10/02 04:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to bump this old thread, but does anyone know anything about hallucinogenic puffballs? What do they look like, habitat, etc. Active chemicals?

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Psychotropic Shrooms Besides Psylocybes? [Re: Organic]
    #950214 - 10/10/02 04:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thats a big negative on the hallucinogenic puffballs.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Psychotropic Shrooms Besides Psylocybes? [Re: Gumby]
    #951058 - 10/10/02 07:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yuck did i write that? why am i always drunk?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies