Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskattman1982
Stranger
Male

4 out of 12 ain't bad *DELETED*
    #7498810 - 10/08/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by skattman1982

Reason for deletion: n/a unnecessary

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.-Bill Hicks-

by the way, everything i write is for entertainment purposes and is purely fictional. do not construe these written words with the author having any knowledge of actual persons, places, events, or actions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethedoc8
TooMuch
 User Gallery

Re: 4 out of 12 ain't bad [Re: skattman1982]
    #7498854 - 10/08/07 06:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

With that high of contam rate, you need to find out what you doing wrong, cause that ain't normal. Read and reread the teks and you will get to the,"freaking yea".

Offlineskattman1982
Stranger
Male

Re: 4 out of 12 ain't bad [Re: thedoc8]
    #7498863 - 10/08/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i have read more than you could imagine for the last several months and would attribute this to not innoculating each jar with enough solution and not steaming quite long enough.

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.-Bill Hicks-

by the way, everything i write is for entertainment purposes and is purely fictional. do not construe these written words with the author having any knowledge of actual persons, places, events, or actions.

Offlinefuturewolf42o
Le Jooses!
 User Gallery

#7498880 - 10/08/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

skattman1982 said:
i have read more than you could imagine for the last several months and would attribute this to not innoculating each jar with enough solution and not steaming quite long enough.

a pressure cooker would leave you with 12 jars with no contams. 10 cc's to 12 cars is fine btw. im just guessing thats what you used.

--------------------
cheese-it!

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: 4 out of 12 ain't bad [Re: futurewolf42o]
    #7498977 - 10/08/07 07:00 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

If u lost jars to mould then ur problems must lie either within your inoculation not being sterile enough or the spores managed to get into the jars while incubating.

A pressure cooker cannot guarentee no contams. With grains its a must. BRF can be steam sterilised, but i would still recomend a pressure cooker i you have one.

I steam sterilised my first batches without any contams. So i bought a pressure cooker and thought i would never get contams. Guess what, i lost 3 jars out of 4, then on the next batch i lost 1 out of 3.

What happened, i got lazy on my sterile procedure.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

Re: 4 out of 12 ain't bad [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7498994 - 10/08/07 07:05 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It could also depend on your jar set up. Sometimes water/contams can leak inside during incubation.

It takes many months of practice till you get what you want. I know, i've been at it for years.

Right now I got 4 grams of Golden Teachers made up into a nice jello-shot in the fridge just waiting to be sucked up!

patience and alcohol, young grasshopper.

--------------------

c        l        i      c        k        m        e

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: 4 out of 12 ain't bad [Re: aspore]
    #7499009 - 10/08/07 07:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

that is a richious idea!!! im gonna try that. Jello mushrooms.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

#7499033 - 10/08/07 07:16 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I just posed a way to make them on the psyc. forum. They are my greatest invention yet.

Look for me at Bonnaroo this year. I'll be the one with magic jello shooters.;)

just kidding.......

--------------------

Offlineskattman1982
Stranger
Male

#7500561 - 10/09/07 06:01 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
If u lost jars to mould then ur problems must lie either within your inoculation not being sterile enough or the spores managed to get into the jars while incubating.

A pressure cooker cannot guarentee no contams. With grains its a must. BRF can be steam sterilised, but i would still recomend a pressure cooker i you have one.

I steam sterilised my first batches without any contams. So i bought a pressure cooker and thought i would never get contams. Guess what, i lost 3 jars out of 4, then on the next batch i lost 1 out of 3.

What happened, i got lazy on my sterile procedure.

i don't have a PC and don't plan on buying one unless i can find one at a thrift store. i steamed for 60 minutes (on the dot) but have since learned (through the infinite wisdom of RR) that it should have been 90... c'est la vie. i'll know better next time. as for my innoc i used liberal amounts of lysol, oust, and rubbing alcohol to sterilize my environ so i can only say i need to steam longer. i was expecting some contams but not at this proportion...

--------------------

Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator

#7500595 - 10/09/07 06:24 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

just go buy one man you can get a 6-8 quart one at walmart for 25-30$

--------------------
"Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles." ~drugstore cowboy~

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

#7500598 - 10/09/07 06:26 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

definetly from your steaming process. When you mix all that substrate up, contams land on it, and are mixed in. So you need to be sure that your reaching internal temps of 160+ for an hour. So just doing an hour won't guaruntee. Try about 90+ and you will be allright. Assuming it's not your spores.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale