Home | Community | Message Board

ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Steve Stone Rules!!!
    #7494932 - 10/07/07 05:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

He's announcing BOS-LAA right now and I LOVE this guy. I wonder what happened at WGN for him to not be there anymore?? I heard that he was sick for a while or something, but I sure miss listening to him. My favorite of all time.

Anyone know why he's not at the Superstation anymore???

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Steve Stone Rules!!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7494974 - 10/07/07 05:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Steve Stone is by FAR my favorite sports announcer, in any sport, on any station.

The sheer amount of knowledge that he has about baseball is ASTOUNDING.

To answer your question, when Dusty was managing the Cubs he took exception to some of the things that Stone said. Every single one of them was true, but Dusty threw a fit and complained to management about his broadcast team. This was the year before last. So the Trib sacked Stone and put Bob Brenley in his place.

Now, I love Bob Brenley, but he's no Steve Stone. And Fuck Dusty Baker.

When you blame the way your team plays on the TELEVISION ANNOUNCERS, you know you're a shitty manager.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Re: Steve Stone Rules!!! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7495182 - 10/07/07 06:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Please tell me you're kidding. :confused:

Although I know you're not. And yeah, f*ck Dusty Baker is right.

So why not bring Stony back? I can honestly say that I have enjoyed Rockies telecasts BY FAR more than Cubs broadcasts over the past few years, and of course SS being gone is the reason.

I'm okay with Bob Brenley, he seems like a great guy, and he's fun, but I have mad love for Steve Stone.

F'ing Tribune company. When the new owners arrive, we need to start a petition get him back. What a boon for TBS :foreheadslap:

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Steve Stone Rules!!! [Re: whattheheck]
    #7495229 - 10/07/07 06:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Alot of Cubs fans would like him to be active in the team in a more hands-on roll, like GM.

I would shit my bricks his the new management fired Jim Hendry and offered the job to Stoney.

Chance of that happening though = zero.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

#7496584 - 10/08/07 09:54 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm serious. I'm going to register a web site here in the next few days to get him back, my wife and the two of us can't be the only ones (as you said) who feel strongly about this. I'd hate for one of the guys (Brenley & the other guy, that's how unimpressed my wife and I are with them, we don't even know their names)  to go but, this is Steve Stone :heartpump: Honestly, we heard he was very, very sick, and we just assumed he was either too sick to work or had died.

Dusty Baker :foreheadslap: Dusty Baker...

Between Kerry Wood and Prior's arms and Steve Stone....:minigun:

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #7502615 - 10/09/07 08:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yea, stoney is the man..i doubt hendry will offer him a job..cause he left even though he had 1 yr left on his contract. cause all that gay garbage blaming and finger pointing that went down at the end of 04.. what with sosa ditching out early. the team choking, and dusty blaming the announcers.. just a shitty situ. i prolly wouldve left too..

but yea, chip and steve were good.. they made me laugh alot. itd be cool if steve came back and did color with kasper.. brenly needs to go manage again or some shit

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Re: Steve Stone Rules!!! [Re: Infrared]
    #7502997 - 10/09/07 10:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Agree on brenley, just a situation of a seemingly nice guy who I really don't like listening too. The same probably gets aid about me though..:rolleyes:.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Sports Forum