Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

my bloody cakes
    #748350 - 07/15/02 01:24 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i'm kinda really annoyed at the moment.. i cant even remember how long its been since i birthed my cakes, (at least a month) and they STILL havent started fruiting!! i dunno where i went wrong. now they dont even have that nice mushroom smell anymore, and when i picked one up to smell it, it smelt just like Brown Rice Flour!!!!! tho they still bruise ( have been careful to keep that to a minimum).. and ever since i dunked them they have recovered... but cold shocking/dunking has done nothing to help bring out any pins.. i think next time i'm just gonna use bigger jars and wait til i see some pin formations b4 i birth them!!

i hate being impatient

PS.. sorry.. just venting out my frustrations!! hehe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineL3D
enthusiast
Re: my bloody cakes [Re: ]
    #748375 - 07/15/02 01:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

IT may be time to try and case them.
Check the FAQ here at the shroomery. Also youcan try it with Coco Coir. (pet-a-bed/Gro-brick are a few brands.) do a search if you need more info

L3D

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: my bloody cakes [Re: L3D]
    #748410 - 07/15/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What are the conditions like in the terrarium, im sure something must be off for them to not fruit. Tell us the humidity, temperature, air exchange and how much light they get and im sure we can help you!

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Anonymous

Re: my bloody cakes [Re: Fd3000]
    #748440 - 07/15/02 02:16 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

temp is usually always between 22-27 degrees celsius, it tends to fluctuate every now and then, due to an indirect heating source... RH is usually about at least 90% tho usually at 98%.. i change the air 3-4 times a day at least... and they get at least an hour or 2 of light every day
i've cold shocked them once... dunked them once, because they were bruised and felt dry.. that seemed to help repair the bruising..yet didnt really help out that much..

ummmm... i'm thinking that i may have possibly overheated them at some stage, thats just a guess though. do they need to have a minimum amount of substrate in each cake to actually grow mushrooms? these jars that i used are considerably smaller, yet wider than the ones i used to use. they're 3cm tall and have a diameter of about... 8-9 cm
previous attempts were using jars which were at least 5-10 cm tall...
should i case??
i was thinking about attempting to use one or 2 of these cakes as spawn for some wheat straw that we have so much of out the back... i guess anythings worth a shot at the moment!

OfflineKingBolete
enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast
    #749086 - 07/15/02 06:14 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey there,

I don't have anything to add except maybe I can bring you some good luck. ..check back when you spot your first pin my friend...

Best regards,

King Bolete

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: my bloody cakes [Re: KingBolete]
    #749251 - 07/15/02 07:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Case....HELL YES!

Newbies think casing is hard, i know i did but its just as easy/easyer than the PF tek. Just dont start with dung or anything that need pasturizing because newbs always mess that up and end up with contam problems.

Follow this Tek to the T http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html , i followed it and my casing is doing awsome!

Both pics tooken 4 days after making the casing, nice even growth. The darker spots are a different type of verm(smaller pellets) that i used to patch over fast growing spots. This is a PR casing....

This was done with my very first batch of cakes and this is my first casing. If your cakes are having troubles then case them.

Because you said you cakes are small make sure your casing isnt too big and make sure you use more than one cake per casing.

I know the Tek that i posted a link to very well so PM me if you have questions about it.

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

#749337 - 07/15/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thats excatly what i did when my cakes werent doing too good. Anow they look pretty much excatly like your casing

Offlinepl151

#749360 - 07/15/02 08:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, same crap happened withmy cakes the first time. did everything i possobly could and played with tons of changin conditions but still no pins. then i cased with straight verm. and about 2 days after, i was seein tons of mycelium growth all overthe place. in about a week to a week and a half i got my first pins. oh what a glorious day it was. def rock the casing. shouldn't have too many probs with pins after that. just make sure you dont allow overlay to occure before you initiate pinning. did that my first casing too. woops good luck bro

--------------------
the truth and reason for the above post has been diminished by its very beginning..holding no facts,, but squeezing every bit of fiction...

how 'bout a hug??...

Anonymous

Re: my bloody cakes [Re: pl151]
    #749730 - 07/16/02 01:20 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm my very first casing attempt (nearly a year ago) was pretty much a flop, i didnt tape up the bottom of the container so light could still get through the bottom, caused some side pinning.. and the nothing ever poked out the top layer... i eventually stopped lookin after it coz my cakes were going pretty good at the time.. tomorrow morning tho, it will be happening
think i might use 2 cakes (out of 5).. at least then if it stuffs up, i'll still have a few cakes to trip off with a couple of my close friends (assuming one would be enough... I HOPE SO!!!)

i'll post my results from the casing!! if i think its worth it hehe
cheers

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: ]
    #749740 - 07/16/02 01:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Macey Howard]
    #749743 - 07/16/02 01:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Offlineclosetfreak
Loc: h-town
Re: my bloody cakes [Re: Macey Howard]
    #749765 - 07/16/02 01:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

2nd on the Dunk...Throw those guys back in jars with some water and into your fridge for 12 hours. It worked wonders on my cakes that stalled. I would case half and dunk the other half, just to experiment and get some knowledge. trial by fire. They will be bleeding some pins soon afterwards.

good luck

--------------------
back to my closet

OfflineSwondPooping
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Female
Loc: third drawer from the top...
    #750006 - 07/16/02 04:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Quick question about the tek posted from mycotopia, when you move the casing to the terrarium, do you remove the casing from the initial container and sit it on top of the perlite? I read the tek a couple times and couldn't figure that part out. Yes, I am a newbie, I just finished my first round of casings with amazing success, I did make some mistakes that I will correct in the future, but this tek is very interesting to me. I used ShroomWizards tek the first round.

Thank you for your time and information.

K

--------------------
^Pure Fiction^
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: my bloody cakes [Re: SwondPooping]
    #750015 - 07/16/02 04:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

No for god sake DO NOT take the casing out of the container! Keep it in the original container and put it on top of the perlite.

Fd

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract