Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejekojeko
blue thumb
p. azurescens: How?
    #746543 - 07/14/02 08:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hi! did anyone here ever successfully cultivated p. azurescens indoors? I heard it is the strongest species but that it is difficult to grow. But if someone could give me some tips....I'm going to try but I would like to know the best technique.
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Re: p. azurescens: How? [Re: jekojeko]
    #746931 - 07/14/02 11:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hello.
I think maybe a handful of people have cultivated this indoors, but not many. The key to wood lovers is they are also COLD lovers. They will NOT fruit under the same conditions as cubes, they are totally different. So I think that the only problem you will run into with cultivating this indoors is temperature. If you have the money / space for a spare fridge, and can adjust the thermostat, then you are one step closer to success.
Find out the optimal fruiting temps for Azurescens, then find a way to keep your terranium at that temp, with high humidity still.
I live in New Zealand and the main type of magic mushroom here is Ps. Subaeruginosa, a woodlover basically the same as Ps. Azurescens. A cheap and nasty (but successful) way I know of a couple of people building terraniums for these (one of them was an electrician) is to get an old fridge, and tip it on its back so that the door opens upwards. Put some kind of grate in the bottom to prevent the casing trays from resting directly on the back wall of the fridge. Then, if you know what you're doing, you can tinker with the thermostat and raise it a few degrees more than its supposed to go so that its at ideal temperatures (though if you're lucky you'll find a fridge with a large thermostat range and this won't be necessary) the other, less consistant method is to simply have the fridge on a timer (or manually) switch it on / off periodically so that it maintains roughly the right temperature (this way does actually work pretty well, since in nature the temps fluctuate from near freezing to about 15 C.
Mist / fan the fridge as you would a normal terranium.
If this hasn't been written up before, I donn it 'Fridge Tek'. Original, huh.
But this is just the general basics of it, and I have never actually done it myself (when I did subaeruginosa indoors, I just gave the terranium 3-4 hours daily in the fridge then moved it out to my shed. Misted 2-3 times daily - worked VERY well I took photos but I still havent got them developed...I will have to get my ass around to doing that soon....oh no, I'm rambling again...I'll shut up now

Offlinejekojeko
blue thumb
Re: p. azurescens: How? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #747253 - 07/15/02 05:44 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

cool, what kind of substrate did you use? how did you prepare it?

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #748371 - 07/15/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Read my Grow Log on Psilocybe cyanescens. These are closely related to azurescens. If you live in the north you should be able to manage the cooler temps. If you live in the south you will have to provide artificial cooling. 60f plus to grow the mycelium and 50f to 58f to fruit them.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
    #749158 - 07/15/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Substrate - any blonde hardwood is good...alder chips seem to be the standard for home cultivated wood lovers....you can obtain it from a fish smoking shop...

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: p. azurescens: How? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #749455 - 07/15/02 08:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Do woodlovers like fresh oak? Could this be supplemented with maple sawdust or would this be unneccesary/silly? I ask because this is what I have free access to now.

Thanx

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
Re: p. azurescens: How? [Re: psyphon]
    #749879 - 07/16/02 03:33 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Most hard wood should be just fine

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

OfflineDarkTranquility
journeyman

Re: p. azurescens: How? [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #751894 - 07/16/02 06:49 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What do you think about the TEK for woodloving species, where you wrap a cake around with moist non-corrugated cardboard, and keep adding strips of wet cardboard surrounding the cake and letting this layer of cardboard colonize, and then lowering temps to fruit from cakes, I read somewhere that it has worked for fruiting indoors.
Anybody tried this? or have opinions to the subject?

....Also, you think that fresh pine mulch would work?
I don't think Cedar will work because it has a natural pesticide, and fungicide.

--------------------
"Every picture hods a tale.
Every shade tells of a thousand words.
The artistry of living chaos is
pictured in the poets tears.
The final concept
Is all but a thought away. "

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags