Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Roll With It
    #7491255 - 10/06/07 12:43 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

When life is too much, roll with it, baby
Don't stop and lose your touch, oh no, baby
Hard times knocking on your door
I'll tell them you ain't there no more
Get on through it, roll with it, baby
Luck'll come and then slip away,
Yuu've gotta move, bring it back to stay

You just roll with it, baby
Come on and just roll with it, baby
You and me, roll with it, baby
Hang on and just roll with it, baby

It seems to me that one of the keys to enjoying the experience of life is to learn how to shift between applying Will and rolling with the changes. My tendency is to apply Will to every difficult situation, and to persist until I think it has been resolved. This often leads to exhaustion and frustration, as not every situation responds to this method.

What is your first inclination in responding to an untenable situation? Do you prefer to dig in your heels or roll with the changes? What do you see as the benefits and deficits of each method?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Roll With It [Re: Veritas]
    #7491271 - 10/06/07 12:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Actually I think you roll with most things quite well. You do have a couple of places where you can't do this yet.

I on the other hand struggle to let go of almost everything. Although that's a relative judgment on myself. I'm much better these days and let go a lot faster.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Roll With It [Re: Icelander]
    #7491325 - 10/06/07 01:00 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Butterfingers!:sun:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#7491338 - 10/06/07 01:03 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Depends on what the untenable situation is... I usually tend to combine the digging in of heels and the rolling with it. It depends on whether or not rolling with it will compromise my dignity too much. There are many situations that call for resistance and others that call for reevaluating and coming up with a new approach. There's no sense in fighting an unwinnable battle, but there is also no sense in forming your life around 'fitting' into a context that is repugnant.

Every situation requires a unique response.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7491469 - 10/06/07 01:40 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I kept reflecting on that lately.
That is, which is my natural inclination and if my behavior is in harmony with that.
For a very long time I thought that fighting was my natural impulse because I used to have great difficulties with letting go. As a child and teen ager this was one of the things which perplexed me the most.
I think that I reached that point where I had to accept that something wasn't right about my attitude and I stared analyzing why I was always trying to do anything in my powers to hold on to things that didn't even made me happy. It felt like I was fighting against myself and I think that it is exactly that moment moment, that instant in which I realized that I was the one who did all that crap to me, coincided with the moment in which I became aware that this behavior was learned. And then another chain of realizations came, where I became more and more receptive to who I was and what was going on around me. I was stunned on how much catching up I had to do. :lol:
I think that it's essential to ask these questions at a moment in our lives and to see the roots of our problems. Most of mine came from education, from the way I was a raised, from the way my family was acting, things which I instantly borrowed without even questioning whether they were good or bad for me. Letting go is being viewed as failure by many people and I think what I was fearing was exactly that label. Then I tried to go back in my memory as much as I could and I could identify those moments where my natural impulse was to let go but "education" was... educating me in the opposite direction. :lol:
My inclination is letting go, and as soon as I realized that I started to practice it and each time I did I felt more happy.
That happened a few years ago, and at the present moment I still find borrowed attitudes and try to get rid of them as much as I can. I'm aware that these "findings" would probably never end because there's always something more, but I find comfort in this thought because it means that there's always room for improving myself.
Also I believe that, when I comes those moments where we have take attitude, using our Will is also generated by out ability to let go, because this way we are more capable to discern which situation requires what attitude. :sun:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2: