Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Sponge for Hydration....???
    #747701 - 07/15/02 09:14 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hydyho Shroomers...

Q: I've read tons about the perlite Tek, etc etc etc... but sittin here at work thinking how much of a pain in the ass it will be to clean up that mess, (I'm very lazy by the way.. heh heh.. well sorta.. )

I do plan on trying it out, but would it work to use a big thick Sponge???

I figure place a sponce at least 1 or 2 inches thick on bottom of teranium, put 1/2 inch of water in bottom of teranium, and then support a tray above the sponge with something to hold your cakes on top. leaving air between the top of the sponge and the tray. ( is this making sense??? )

You could simply remove the tray with the cakes, remove sponge, clean the sponge and drop it back in.. no mess, no hasle... Will it work the same to wick humidity in the air,??? i've not tested it yet,, but i imagine it would.

I have a bunch of cakes colonized and they are ready to go anytime. so i need to know asap!!!!

IF this works, i want to call it the " G-Tek ".

cudos.

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Sponge for Hydration....??? [Re: Curious_George]
    #747736 - 07/15/02 09:25 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well I replaced perlite with a wet paper towel, and it worked. So I don?t see why this wouldn?t.

OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
Re: Sponge for Hydration....??? [Re: Anno]
    #747785 - 07/15/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmm.. Paper towel...

You must have to use a LOT of it to keep humidity up??? And it's not really re-usable,, I see Bounty reps replying here. hahaha

That's cool tho.

I just hate the thought of having to buy perlite every week to keep things clean. I suppose you could clean your perlite... but messy and again, i'm lazy!!

I think that the more surface aerea you have the more humid things get,, right?

Would you be able to rest the cakes on the sponge directly to re-hydrate them? would mycelium grow on the sponge???

Hey, i wonder if you could split the sponge and drop a cake in it sorta like a casing? some testing will be needed here!!

CG.

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: Sponge for Hydration....??? [Re: Curious_George]
    #749046 - 07/15/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Wrong Forum.

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix