Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
Why the need for larger doses?
    #7489868 - 10/05/07 08:34 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so i've been thinking about something for a long time, hopefully you folks could help me out. When i take lsd or mushrooms i always have to take a much larger dose then my friends to get to the same level. I have indulged in the magic mushroom many times but never too close between trips, i'd say always spaced at the least a week apart but most of the time a couple months. Acid i have only take around 10 times in my life, but still every time i have to take a lot more than my friends to get to the same level. This could be due to a number of reasons 1. I am a large dude, around 230 lbs. to be exact 2. i did a lot of experimenting with diphenhydramine, dimenhydrinate, and dxm before trying a true psychedelic and in some way this got my mind to be familiar with being extremely distorted (i've had some tough experiences with the dramamine and benadryl) or 3. Im simply a hard-head and my mind is wired in a certain way that it requires a greater dose to achieve desired effects.

Example of dosage differences:
My friends take 2 tabs of the WoW going around recently to have an actual trip thats beyond just threshold effect. 3 will give me threshold and 4 gives me an actual trip. Tried a couple times, same results always.

Some amazing boomers were going around during the early summer and my friends would be completely obliterated with taking an eighth, i as well had a nice trip from 3.5 gr but i was totally coherent and the distortion of mind and vision was not too great, when i really wanted to get out there i took 7g, powdered with lemon juice. This also happened on numerous occasions.

Same for DOC actually, i forgot to mention. Most of my friends took 3 tabs of blotter DOC over 4 hours, i took 5 or 6 to be at the same level.

Thoughts? Is it simply that i am a larger person then my friends or is it psychological?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: opensaysme]
    #7489894 - 10/05/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You are less sensitive.

I am the exact opposite, I am extremely sensitive to psychedelics.

Cubies? I take 0.25-1gr on average. I can really go out of my gourd on half a gram. LSD, 25-75mcg.

And the highest sensitivity of all: Decent quality hashish or weed - 0.01-0.05gr.
Seriously. The crumb you drop when you roll a joint is all it takes for me.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #7489896 - 10/05/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Possibly a lil' of both is my guess.

Super tired here, so...

Good question!

Goodnight Opensaysme and Shroomery!

Sweet dreams, inner and outer!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

OfflineShroomieGirl
What are these god damn animals
Female User Gallery

#7489969 - 10/05/07 09:08 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I have the same exact problem... I always have to take much larger doses than my friends to get the same lvl trip.

Im still trying to figure out why... Im not a larger person, so I dont think thats it. The only other things I can think of is just my personality, or what im looking for in the trip.

For example, if my friends idea of a trip is just slight visuals, and a small body high (which i know a few people who dont like to "let go" as much as I do, and enjoy small trips like this), and my idea of a trip is strong OEV where I can actually play with the visuals, make things happen, see shit in things that there isnt anything, etc etc.. you know what i mean... anyway... Im going to have to take alot more than they do to get the effect I want vs. what my friend might want.

Also, I dontknow about you, but Im a really laid back person, dont panic really ever, and can just relax, let go, and let things happen without trying to force anything. I need the trip to really jump out at me and catch my attention like in a strong trip that slaps me in the face, grabs me by the back of the neck, and throws me into an alternate universe with OEV spinning around on the walls everywhere, vs. actively trying to see things with my eyes closed, really concentrating on it, etc. I guess that kinda ties into those who like soft trips they can control, vs trips I like that are stong and (not uncontrollable, but just something I dont have much control over). I like folling the trip to see where it takes me instead of leading it somewhere.

Does that sound like you, or am I just wierd?

--------------------
:bouncysmoke:

I'm ok, really.

Edited by ShroomieGirl (10/05/07 09:11 PM)

Invisible2012shaman
Stranger

#7489972 - 10/05/07 09:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Its probably all of the above, its weird i need .25g of 20x salvia(+weed)
to trip but .5g of weed will last me an entire weekend.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: 2012shaman]
    #7490240 - 10/06/07 12:37 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i CANT trip on Salvia. im like broken or something, i've smoked 20x at least 30 times and have yet to have any visuals.

--------------------

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: learningtofly]
    #7490611 - 10/06/07 07:21 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for all the responses, i appreciate em'. ShroomieGirl i think you probably hit the nail on the head ha, i may just be looking for more in a trip then my friends. I also need to be smacked in the face with a trip, i think my mind has a tough time tuning in to a light dose, its just not really receptive to it. A couple people i know can take a low dose and just really concentrate and focus on their head, and they'll trip nicely. I myself can't do that, no matter how hard i try, maybe it's something that'll come to me over time idk. You might be right in that what others consider to be very intense i just consider to be a normal trip. Either way, lets hang out and trip out :mushroom2: ha. Also please dont jack this thread and turn it into a salvia doesnt work for me thread

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7490631 - 10/06/07 07:32 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

to see how far one can go/to see what else is there/here

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: learningtofly]
    #7490635 - 10/06/07 07:33 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
i CANT trip on Salvia. im like broken or something, i've smoked 20x at least 30 times and have yet to have any visuals.

sorry to hear it! I have a couple of friends that are salvia "hardheads" as well, and I just don't understand it!  I've never read anything on a reason for it - I find it fascinating, and unfortunate :frown:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
    #7490639 - 10/06/07 07:35 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

First of all the term threshold refers to the point where you can tell that there is something foreign in your system. Clammy hands and slightly brighter colors are a threshold on LSD.. I think that you are looking to breakthrough while your friends are happy with laughing and trails.

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: Slimz]
    #7490648 - 10/06/07 07:43 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks, yea im aware of the meaning of the word threshold, and have used it in my posts accordingly. And Demius, read my post not just the title, talking about two different subjects

InvisibleSlimz
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7490687 - 10/06/07 08:04 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

so it takes 4 tabs for you to get anything beyond just threshold... That does not seem right at all...

--------------------

Best Thread Ever ! ! !

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

#7490719 - 10/06/07 08:18 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It's weak paper, 4 tabs i will get a nice trip. 3 tabs will give me noticeable effects but i wont have what i consider an acid trip, like i will have some enhancement of colors and there are halos around lights and shit, but my mind doesn't expand and the effects are transient. And yea, it doesn't seem right, hence my reason for the original post. If you're only hear to flame me and disprove me please stop posting. Im just trying to figure some stuff out man :peace:

InvisibleSlimz
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7490737 - 10/06/07 08:25 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Back up there soldier... There is no flame in my tone.. im just trying to figure if its the drugs or if its your chemistry.. in this case it soulds like a little of both... Im a 2 hit guy (alltho i broke through in 1, 2 months ago) but i would say your paper is probably a little old, or just weak..

--------------------

Best Thread Ever ! ! !

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

#7490747 - 10/06/07 08:31 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Ok glad theres none of that :smile:, anyways yea im aware that its fairly weak but the thing is my friends will get with 2 what i get with 4, its odd...

InvisibleSlimz
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7490752 - 10/06/07 08:33 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

well thats not THAT odd then.. if they need 2 then its prolly like 50-70 mics of active LSD, wich meands 2 is 100-140 (or 1 good hit) and if you need 2 normaly than it all sounds about right..

--------------------

Best Thread Ever ! ! !

Edited by Slimz (10/06/07 08:34 AM)

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
    #7490822 - 10/06/07 09:13 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

there's this guy i know who can eat 10-15g of potent cubensis and still behave pretty normal.
not only mushrooms but also other psychedelics he need 2-3x more than the average dose.
that guy used two frikkin grams of dxm :eek:

OfflineShroomieGirl
What are these god damn animals
Female User Gallery

Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: Arp]
    #7490869 - 10/06/07 09:37 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

:jointsmile:

sounds like a plan... we can each take 7g and be happy little people for a few hours

Im glad im not just wierd, and that you understood where i was coming from. I was starting to think I was the only one who really needed a shit ton more mushies or tabs than my friends.

--------------------
:bouncysmoke:

I'm ok, really.

InvisibleSlimz
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: ShroomieGirl]
    #7490914 - 10/06/07 10:02 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

the trick is convincing them the reason you need to take more.. especialy if you all went in together on the stash

--------------------

Best Thread Ever ! ! !

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

#7491062 - 10/06/07 11:24 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The only thing i've ever went in on with friends is a large bag of weed and that was cus we were vacationing together, otherwise psychedelics and all other drugs i buy solo

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #7491358 - 10/06/07 01:07 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Tolerance always varies... I'm extremely sensitive to mushrooms (I've tripped out pretty hard on 1.2 grams before, believe it or not) but it takes pretty big doses of LSD for me to see more than bigger halos.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (10/06/07 01:15 PM)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#7492478 - 10/06/07 07:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The first 5 or 6 years I tripped, I only exclusively took 3 grams or more. For the most part I had enjoyable, very intense experiences. But there were a handful of occasions in which I had very dreadful experiences.

It always seems with psychedelics, that your next trip is, for the most part, influenced tremendously by your previous trip. With that being said, even if I enjoyed 10 good trips in a row, one bad trip would make me step back from shrooms or LSD for a good period of time till I gathered the courage to munch down 3 or more grams again.

Then one day, 3 or 4 years ago, my friend asked me if I wanted to trip. Coming off a bad experience a few months earlier, I was very weary of committing to a trip. I sat on the fence most of the day thinking about it and I decided that I just wasn't up for it. I called my friend and told him that I wouldn't be joining him on his trip. He was very disappointed to say the least. Then he suggested that I take a low dose. I sat there silent, trying to comprehend his suggestion. "Low dose," up to that point in my life, wasn't phrase that had a rightful place in my vocabulary. "Try, taking 1 gram, sit back and relax." Why not, I thought, at the very least I will get stoned for 3 or 4 hours and enjoy a few laughs.

So I took just one gram. Perhaps the first time I ever dipped below the 3 gram threshold in my tipping lifetime. I didn't expect much as I stomached down 3 rather skimpy dried shrooms. I settled down on my couch and waited. Fifteen minutes past. . .nothing. Half hour. . .felt a little queezy. Forty minutes. . .started to tingle. One hour. . .abstract thought had set in, walls were breathing and color were bright and vivid. I was warm and comfy. I was enjoying television, something I usually don't like when I trip. Before I realized it, I was totally submerged in a full blown trip. It was mild, didn't have that sharp bite that a 3 gram trip has, but it was quite nice. I was calm, didn't have that flutter in the pit of my stomach that at any moment things could turn for the worst. I had control of my thoughts... they would linger and loop but I could quickly corral them back in line if needed. I enjoyed deep meaningful conversations with my friends. Something that for the most part is absent when I high does trip. I mean we would talk about things and ideas on high doses, but most of the time you scramble to find out what the hell your friend is talking about rather than diving into the meaning of their concepts.

Without going into too much detail, the trip was great. It was everything that a trip should be. From that point on I seen no point in venturing to the 3 gram plateau. There on out, the majority of my trips have been in the .75 to 1.5 gram range, with a few 2 gramers in there. I can say with certainty that one of those 2 grams trips was THE most intense experience I ever had. . .total loss of reality.

The moral of this post, you don't have to dive into the ocean to get wet, you can just as easily get wet by wading the shallow shore waters. Don't fool yourself either... you can just as easily drown in 3 feet of water than 100 feet.

For me, low dose for life.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7493269 - 10/07/07 12:44 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Different people just have different physiologies. I have one friend who not only needs much lower doses, but they always kick in in ten minutes or less with him. Never fails.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineYayitsme
10-56
Male

Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7493374 - 10/07/07 01:18 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

personally my tolerance has gone down quite a bit, I was always sensitive to psychs but now a days I am extremly sensitive to them. I can trip decently off 1/4 a gram of shrooms and really fuckin' good at a gram. Lately my tolerence has been getting lower and lower and its made me space out my trips more aswell as taking less, in which now I have been subconciously pushed away from pychs because I don't know how to dose myself correctly. :confused:

--------------------
He aint got a cent, supposed to go to management but he spent it getting bent.

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7494367 - 10/07/07 01:07 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
Different people just have different physiologies. I have one friend who not only needs much lower doses, but they always kick in in ten minutes or less with him. Never fails.

This this is one reason as to why some people need larger doses and some need smaller doses.

However, there is another reason.

The more you trip, the more you know what to look for, the more psychedelic you become. You know how to anticipate a trip, and you know how to "read" a psychedelic. The more you trip, the more conditioned you become to the psychedelic terrain. You'll start receiving everyday visuals and a different frame of thought. In other words, your brain becomes rewired, and you understand the psychedelic experience. This, I believe, is the main reseason as to why some people need large dosages and others need small dosages. Some people are more experienced or just psychedelic in general, and therefore, they can get an experience off of .5 grams of cubes, an experience that others would not receive unless they ate 3.5 grams of cubes. Some people just know what to look for.

Yageman has spoken about this. He says that some people are just stupid and some people are smart. The stupid ones need larger doses, and the smarter ones need lower doses. To some extent, I agree with him. I gave a kid, who weighed a lot less than me, 3.5 grams of some very potent cubes. I asked him how his experience was, and he said, "Dude, I saw this really cool red dot on my wall!" Some people just don't know how to 'read' a psychedelic. I wouldn't exactly call some people stupid and others smart. In a sense, you can, but I mainly would just say that certain people have certain abilities, and other people have different abilities.

For me, I don't even need any amount of psychedelic to trip. I can self induce a trip.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: Why the need for larger doses? [Re: Yayitsme]
    #7494377 - 10/07/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Yayitsme said:
personally my tolerance has gone down quite a bit, I was always sensitive to psychs but now a days I am extremly sensitive to them. I can trip decently off 1/4 a gram of shrooms and really fuckin' good at a gram. Lately my tolerence has been getting lower and lower and its made me space out my trips more aswell as taking less, in which now I have been subconciously pushed away from pychs because I don't know how to dose myself correctly. :confused:

See, exactly! The more experienced you become, the more psychedelic you become, the less you need to take! A fine example! :smile:

Usually, it changes like this for everybody.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom