Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeleven34
Male

Loc: Missouri
Re: Perlite the MOST DANGEROUS humidity tek can cause/aggravate lung disease and cause silicosis [Re: futurewolf42o]
    #7489079 - 10/05/07 04:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I don't need to read it. For one I read the bag.

2. I have a lung problem called apical pneumothorax, I'm an X-ray technician with a bachelor's in Health Care Administration.

So it kinda pisses me off to no end when I see a cherry like yourself trying to act like he knows all this new shit. I know almost all there is to know about the functions,effects of,affected by,conditions and or anything else you can think of trying to figure out the problems with my lungs.

So I will waste my time reading a thread and posting back to it to keep useless threads being posted.

You can quote me all day. I think there is more people here agreeing with me and not you.

Just drop it. KID!

--------------------
"Get your damn hands off me sesame cake"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
Blah, blah chill out man. [Re: futurewolf42o]
    #7489096 - 10/05/07 04:23 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Well I'll put it this way.

I'm smart enough to wear an N95 mask around perlite.
I wear one around vermiculite, diatomaceous earth and so on.
I don't care what kind of fears anyone has about perlite,
I'm still going to use it and reccomend others do so in my teks.
I'll show that you should rinse perlite under a faucet before
using it, as we all do now I'm sure, and nobody will come down
with silicosis.

Perlite is not the only potentially dangerous substance we use.
Hydrated lime, diatomaceous earth, vermiculite and other substances
are also dangerous when inhaled.

We know this. Anyone who cares to find out easily can.
It's kind of common sense to learn about the substances you're
going to work with and to take the necessary safety precautions
when doing so.

--------------------

Offlinefuturewolf42o
Le Jooses!
 User Gallery

Re: Blah, blah chill out man. [Re: monstermitch]
    #7489106 - 10/05/07 04:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

on a similar topic..when i was much younger i drilled a hole in a vase to turn it into (a rather beautiful) smoking device.

so excited by my accomplishment i quickly tested it to see how well it hit..without cleaning all the glass dust out of it.

--------------------
cheese-it!

InvisibleCaptain Cubensis
Bleeding HeartLiberal

Re: Perlite the MOST DANGEROUS humidity tek can cause/aggravate lung disease and cause silicosis [Re: eleven34]
    #7489111 - 10/05/07 04:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps, but search the posts for silicosis, RogerRabbit has NEVER mentioned it, neither has Agar.

Wouldn't that constitute new, if the two most respected posters have never mentioned it, ever, in THOUSANDS of posts, not once?

Yet read any MSDS data sheet, and it will tell you that breathing perlite can cause a lung disease called silicosis.

--------------------
www.groworganic.com
Get 350lbs shipped to your door for only $100!
www.mycosupply.com
Online Organic Rye Berries
www.hydroponics.net/i/200002
The Cyclestat 4P, a great repeat cycle timer made in the USA.

Offlinefuturewolf42o
Le Jooses!
 User Gallery

Re: Perlite the MOST DANGEROUS humidity tek can cause/aggravate lung disease and cause silicosis [Re: Captain Cubensis]
    #7489129 - 10/05/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Captain Cubensis said:
Perhaps, but search the posts for silicosis, RogerRabbit has NEVER mentioned it, neither has Agar.

Wouldn't that constitute new, if the two most respected posters have never mentioned it, ever, in THOUSANDS of posts, not once?

Yet read any MSDS data sheet, and it will tell you that breathing perlite can cause a lung disease called silicosis.

its not talked about alot because we all know. and those of us that don't know, can read the warning on the bag when we buy it. thus you are doing nothing but clogging the board with useless warnings.
RR's lack of posting on this topic just reinforces the fact that its trivial.

--------------------
cheese-it!

Bleeding HeartLiberal

Re: Perlite the MOST DANGEROUS humidity tek can cause/aggravate lung disease and cause silicosis [Re: futurewolf42o]
    #7489149 - 10/05/07 04:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

A trivial lung disease?

How about "be careful not to breath in perlite dust, studies have linked it to a lung disease called silicosis, use precaution."

That would suffice, yet somehow everybody already knew it, without anyone ever posting on it before. Wow, that's cool man, hook me up with whatever you are smoking. Just kidding, I don't smoke.

--------------------
www.groworganic.com
www.mycosupply.com

Offlinefuturewolf42o
Le Jooses!
 User Gallery

Re: Perlite the MOST DANGEROUS humidity tek can cause/aggravate lung disease and cause silicosis [Re: Captain Cubensis]
    #7489167 - 10/05/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Captain Cubensis said:
A trivial lung disease?

How about "be careful not to breath in perlite dust, studies have linked it to a lung disease called silicosis, use precaution."

That would suffice, yet somehow everybody already knew it, without anyone ever posting on it before. Wow, that's cool man, hook me up with whatever you are smoking. Just kidding, I don't smoke.

a simple modest warning would have been taken in stride in this forum.

btw. wtf is this you shitty fuck?

--------------------
cheese-it!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7489173 - 10/05/07 04:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Lets all cool down guys.

Some say its low risk, some say its high risk, but most agree that there is some level of risk when handling dry perlite.

Personally I tend to steer clear of risks if they can be avoided, but we all make our own risk assessment.

Lets discuss this further in peace.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinefuturewolf42o
Le Jooses!
 User Gallery

#7489174 - 10/05/07 04:42 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

and this??

god it took me 10 seconds to find that. you really know how to get under people's skin. thats about all you are useful for..and that counts for nothing here. go back to whatever shit hole you crawled out of and ask them to take you back.

--------------------
cheese-it!

Offlinefuturewolf42o
Le Jooses!
 User Gallery

Re: Perlite the MOST DANGEROUS humidity tek can cause/aggravate lung disease and cause silicosis [Re: Asante]
    #7489207 - 10/05/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

my bad. like i said he got under my skin. ive lurked here for years and posted for a couple on top of that and every time we get one of "these" it takes all my willpower to not talk shit. i know this is forum isnt the place for this. sometimes i forget i cant convince people that they are wrong..only experience will show. anyways i took one of those chillpills and everything is good. im gonna go play with my toys for awhile and let this all die down.

--------------------
cheese-it!

Invisiblenw_shroomy
NoN-stranger
 User Gallery

#7489377 - 10/05/07 05:52 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Spawn Ratio Calculator
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7803673#7803673
I only grow edibles.Any info I give ONLY applies to gourmet mushrooms.

Edited by nw_shroomy (04/01/09 01:33 AM)

Bleeding HeartLiberal

#7489421 - 10/05/07 06:11 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I said to search for silicosis, not "be careful with perlite", there is a difference.

I suggest you read all of my posts, and take note of the tone and content of my writing, then read your responses, I think you will be embarrassed by your insulting and childish attitude, when all we are trying to do is have a discussion on perlite.

--------------------
www.groworganic.com
www.mycosupply.com

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

#7489423 - 10/05/07 06:13 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Why don't we just drop this thread and all accept that:

Perlite can be very dangerous but if you wet it down and take precautions the hazard is greatly reduced. Yeah? Cool!! =)

No need to bicker any more than that I don't think. Let's get along, we're all in this for the same goal!!!! ! ! ! !!! !!!.....

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you're ridin' through the ruts,
Don't you complicate your mind.

Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don't bury your thoughts,
Put your vision to reality, yeah!

Bleeding HeartLiberal

Re: Perlite the MOST DANGEROUS humidity tek can cause/aggravate lung disease and cause silicosis [Re: nw_shroomy]
    #7489428 - 10/05/07 06:13 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

My point is this, humidity option A can cause a lung disease called silicosis, humidity options B, C, D, E, F, G, etc...do not.

Not complicated.

When you walk your doggy, are you in the middle of the road, of safely on the sidewalk/path/trail.

When an automobile is racing toward you and your doggy do you get out of the way, or do you take your chances?

I was ostracized for mentioning silicosis, something RogerRabbit, nor Agar has ever addressed. Further, there is limited evidence that perlite dust may be linked to lung cancer.

--------------------
www.groworganic.com
www.mycosupply.com

Edited by Captain Cubensis (10/05/07 06:22 PM)

Offlinedenots87
Shroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: B-Town
    #7489817 - 10/05/07 08:16 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I think you need to take a step back man.

Quote:

Perlite the MOST DANGEROUS humidity tek can cause/aggravate lung disease and cause silicosis

is your title to this thread. Yet now your saying:

Quote:

Further, there is limited evidence that perlite dust may be linked to lung cancer.

Its one or the other man.

Yes MSDS states that it can be hazardous to your health, but so are many many other things in the world we live in. Unless your sticking your head into the bag and taking some puffs or simply just not using common sense when dealing with ANY dusty material the risk is rather minimal.

Don't breath in the dust, thats simple common sense. You don't try and breath in dust from a dry road, why would you breath in dust from a soil additive. If your so concerned where a dust mask, better yet a respirator.

On a final note your bashing one of the simplest and affordable teks to provide humidity . IMHO I think you need to read up some and search a bit more before posting teks/opinions that are misleading to those that are new to the community.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale