Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsytryptamine
Stranger

my first harvest of cubensis...
    #7487329 - 10/05/07 03:05 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

hi to everyone... this is my first post in this forum... its nice to be here in this platform with you. about 20 days ago i receive the cubensis mushroom grow kit from an internet site. two weeks later i picked up the first flushes...

these are the photo i took before 2 days of my first hervest...

i got the 4 biggest mush(fresh) to make a mushroom tea...

the method i used to prepare which i learned again in this platform was

1) Bring 3cups of water to boiling point, reduce temperature until water is just simmering

2) Finely chop up your shrooms into small pieces and place into water

3) Let the shrooms simmer for around 15 minutes,  dropping 3-4 tea bags into the water around the 10 minute mark. Stir regularly.

4) Using a coffee/tea filter or strainer filter out the chopped mushrooms into a large cup. To ensure you get all the psilocybin and psilocin out of the leftover shrooms, squeeze them against the filter/strainer and collect all water into your cup. Pour a little boiling water over the left over shrooms and tea bags and squeeze again, collecting all water (No wasting the good stuff)

5) Discard of shrooms and tea bags
6) Add milk and sugar if desired, stir well

The effects are noticed considerably faster than when eaten :smile: Have a shroomy time
X

so now is the time to experience the shroom tea... i invite my girlfriend for breakfast by saying i have smthng spacial and magical... she came(her first time) ; yess we drunk... and waiting the effects to begin... i tried mushrooms by paying 4 times before, all was excellent... visuals magic ets... i was totally charmed... but now... my first harvest... with my girl friend... waiting the effects... 1 hour past... little energy... 2 hours... still just feeling a little energy... NO VISIONS... NO MAGIC... just feel a little energy... That's it... I started to think why we had this bad result... Is it true that the first flushes products are not good ones... Or our dosage is low maybe... Do u Have Any IDEA..?

Edited by psytryptamine (10/05/07 04:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: psytryptamine]
    #7487336 - 10/05/07 03:14 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

grow kits are fucking lame.
this forum is about cultivating for yourself, not buying a prepackaged grow kit...
and don't list non-shroomery sponsors here please

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Offlinepsytryptamine
Stranger

Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: Optx] * 1
    #7487358 - 10/05/07 04:05 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for your friendly post...this forum is about mushrooms i thought... i thinked that if i m in another platform to share these after reading your post... some are prepared for me the kit... i growed these by giving some cold water... what's wrong then..? some sell spores some sell the whole kit... and if they dont sell the whole kit which seems to grow easy maybe i wouldn't start trying doing this... and i m trying to share my result in this platform... i dont have mission to list or advertise... just try to understand me... what's really wrong about the result we had... and please explain that why kit's are lame ? LOVE, PEACE

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: Optx]
    #7487361 - 10/05/07 04:12 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

what was the weight??? 20-30g wet is equivilant to 2 grams dry. U may only have had enough shrooms for threshold effects. Also do u know what the substrate was and the casing.

U would be definatly much better cultivating for yourself, thats not a great first flush. 1 of my pf cakes is producing more than that, i have about 12 pins of which 8 are really starting to grow.

get some spore syringes from a sponsor, they usually have great deals on 3 syringes. Read through all the teks and decide on what tek u think u could successfully carry out.

as an example for pf tek ones, 1 syringe will make 10 pf tek cakes, of which u can crumble 2 into a tray and case which when done right will produce a damn good flush.

Even a pf tek, thats dunked and rolled in verm an produce more than that.

Its possible that they wernt that potent if the substrate wasnt that good

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinepsytryptamine
Stranger

Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7487390 - 10/05/07 04:58 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

it writes vermiculite and rice flour... into plastic bag... also they wrote in the site that i can produce 400-600 gr fresh mushes in two months... i m not sure if we eaten 20-30 gr each... i had only 4 fresh bigger mush than other smallers... and made tea with them for two person... just a little energy... Now i m searching about the spores and teks... i m gonna try to deal and start a new course... thanx for your post veda_sticks...

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #7487540 - 10/05/07 07:16 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

400 g fresh!!!! i doubt you will get that if thats your first flush. sorry its not worked out how it should.

Get into grains and u should enjoy some nice potent fruits :smile:

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineboingkster
CuriousCultivator
Male

Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7487600 - 10/05/07 07:54 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like you have a good first-time grow going...beats the hell out of a jar/bag full of green mould haha! But yes, rice flour and vermiculite jars following the PF tek would improve results.

I would steer clear of tea for the simple reason that the active agents in 'shrooms just don't stand up to heat well. Try drying the 'shrooms using a fan gently blowing over them whilst they are on a drying rack [cake rack will be perfect]. Grind resulting dried mushrooms into a glass of orange juice and drink. Check the dosage calculator for some 'precise' dosing info...and remember the absorbic acid [vitamin C] in the orange juice will make the effects come on a little bit stronger than usual. Not saying mess around with dosages in a big way, but be cautious.

Cheers - boingkster

--------------------
A Question Never Asked is an Answer Never Given
[Having said that, use the Search button! Teks too!]

InvisibleStriplessRED

Loc: Helena
Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: boingkster]
    #7487633 - 10/05/07 08:10 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Cool man!
Grow kits aren't lame IMO. I think that if you are growing for the product and nothing else, they are a quick easy solution, but if you are growing for the experience, you'd probably want to do it another way.

Congradulation though!:thumbup:

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: StriplessRED]
    #7487674 - 10/05/07 08:39 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i heard that if you heat the shroomies it can destroy the active properties. Speculation leads me to belive anything over 110 deg F is destructive. Dont put them in anything hotter than your shower. There are better tea recipies on here in places you can find easily. Look for those and you'll find other things u might try. like cube salsa: chop into little bits and mix with a can of salsa, eat with chips. everyone like that :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: rodfarva]
    #7487691 - 10/05/07 08:48 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Grow kits aren't lame IMO. I think that if you are growing for the product and nothing else, they are a quick easy solution

No, not really. The entire point of a "grow kit" is to provide a foolproof way to grow while assembling the necessary parts.

Only mushroom farming requires no particularly unique supplies, and no kit will allow you to avoid acquiring enough knowledge to just do it yourself. To boot, most of the kits use instructions that are at best incomplete, at worst, absurd. They also sell for up to hundreds of dollars, when you could get what you need to produce ten times as much for fifty bucks at a hardware store.

Boo.

Offlinepsytryptamine
Stranger

Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: StriplessRED]
    #7487738 - 10/05/07 09:12 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

sorry my English is not perfect so i couldn't understand exactly what u mean by saying '' beats the hell out of a jar/bag full of green mould haha! ''

i always see some water drops around the pack... is it normal..? and if the degree of the room is above 25 will it be a big problem... cause my room is usually above 25 ... and i gave some light in the day time...

I heared that fresh mushrooms are more effective (by visions and spirit) than dried mushrooms... So why should i need to dry them..? And also i heared that if u want to decrease the effects u need to take some Vitamin C... i need more effective methods to experience these mushes... Thanks for advices boingkster...

Offlinepsytryptamine
Stranger

Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7487759 - 10/05/07 09:26 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i just paid 40 dollars for the kit... but i believe that i can produce much more than this by preparing my own growing set... thanks Captain...

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

#7487911 - 10/05/07 10:19 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Well then. 40 bucks ain't bad.

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

#7487923 - 10/05/07 10:23 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Oh and as a side note, unlike most topics you really can't just review the temperature-psilocybin posts and take an average. The reality is, everyone knows that over long periods of time, temperature accelerates the oxidation process. The rate at which this happens, and any correlation between a particular temperature and rate of degradation, is completely unknown. Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one on these boards has done any serious tests.

I make mushroom tea all the time; I've never noticed any subjective potency differences, it works fast, and can even be made tasty!

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

#7487953 - 10/05/07 10:32 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Agreed .

boingkster You have no idea what you are talking about.

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #7488006 - 10/05/07 10:50 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

psytryptamine,

congratulations on some beautiful shrooms!!

You really should make a print of spores from one of those mushrooms.
That way, you can continue growing ON YOUR OWN, without the kit!

Either way, you grew shrooms!

Be sure to print those, and come back at us with another non kit grow log buddy!

+5 for you man! check your ratings!

Offlinejuris1
Esquire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The South
    #7488033 - 10/05/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Congrats on your grow!!! Look at it this way, some people fail miserably and just wish they could grow something. You grew mushrooms, you should be proud. So, do what Jeetered said and make yourself a print so you can continue in this hobby, progress, and get better at it! Good luck...

ps - Check your ratings!

--------------------
"In Vino Veritas"

Mycology (from the Greek μύκης, meaning "fungus") is the study of fungi, their genetic and biochemical properties, their taxonomy, and their use to humans as a source for tinder, medicinals (e.g., penicillin), food (e.g., beer, wine, cheese, edible mushrooms) and entheogens, as well as their dangers, such as poisoning or infection.

Offlinetoadstooly
searcher oftruth
Male User Gallery

Loc: where the wild things are...
Re: my first harvest of cubensis... [Re: juris1]
    #7488098 - 10/05/07 11:25 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

juris1 said:
Congrats on your grow!!! Look at it this way, some people fail miserably and just wish they could grow something. You grew mushrooms, you should be proud. So, do what Jeetered said and make yourself a print so you can continue in this hobby, progress, and get better at it! Good luck...

ps - Check your ratings!

what he said.

very nice. :grin:

Offlinepsytryptamine
Stranger

#7490293 - 10/06/07 01:21 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Jeetered and Juris1...

it was a special time for me to read your messages and feel sensitive and proud...

u guys represented here to me so beautiful... I can see your wide community... I will be a part of u.

Be sure i gonna do a print and show it here to u all...

Thanks for the perfect ratings...

You represent the forum weLL and belonged me here...

gave u both +10 from my heart

Offlinepsytryptamine
Stranger

#7514804 - 10/14/07 05:57 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Look..! Here My Second Harvest Of Cubensis Pictures... The KIT is going better...

And This Photograph is from last night which we tried these beautifull hats. But this time we eat a lot. So we feel it..! The Dj Colorful Bear Sing 140-145 bpm for us all the night..! : )

Now my girlfriend understands me well... Thanks to god cause we experienced the trip with him... Is there a heaven u feel ever..?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate