Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespaceman3
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Gtr Manchester UK - Libs? [Re: spaceman3]
    #7487729 - 10/05/07 09:08 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry blacksun - didn't mean to confuse you :laugh:

So basically i should separate any with pointy bits even if they are different colours and sizes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespaceman3
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #7487813 - 10/05/07 09:47 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

[image][/image]

Hopefully this helps - Ive sorted the shrooms so that all the pointy ones are together

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #7487832 - 10/05/07 09:53 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The ones at the bottom look like libs,
though the pic isn't that clear...

Take spore prints.

Offlinespaceman3
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Gtr Manchester UK - Libs? [Re: Ego Death]
    #7487859 - 10/05/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Cheers ego death
When ever I bought shrooms theyve looked like the ones at the bottom but they have always been dried so its hard to tell for certain - Ill look into taking spore prints - ive not done it before

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
    #7487961 - 10/05/07 10:34 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Although your pics are good, in order to tell apart a lot of mushrooms you need to know things like how the gills attach to the stem or tiny colour markings on the cap, whether the stem is hollow, pith-filled, tenuous or full or even how the mushrooms grew (in clusters, alone or thick clumps) and exactly what they grew on.

For info like that you need to provide a full ID description, following the rules at the top of the thread list, or the more complicated version here. If not a description, then high quality closeup photos of the gills, cap, stem-base.

Frankly it's not THAT hard to figure out liberty caps although with lots of similar looking ones like you have its probably a good idea. People get tetchy considering how many ID requests there are and how few people actually give a thorough request.

Personally i wouldn't use the pointiness of the caps as a definitive guide, best to use a combination of things, including spore print colour, stem colour, stem attachment and any blueing. It's good you separated according to roughly where you found them.

MOST importantly is to spore print all of the 'maybe' candidates. It's the single best way of separating them.

I'd print up all of batch 1, 2 and the ones you initially thought looked like libs, or all of the ones in that last photo. Not saying they're all libs, but you're covering your bases. THEN discard anything that comes up straight black or brown. You're looking for purplish, maybe purplish/brown or purplish/black but the key factor is purple tone.

After that post up what's left and include some close up shots of the gills and the base of the stems. Other mushrooms CAN have purplish prints but most look fairly different in detail.

Although experienced people can get away with visual IDs after a while, most of us like you and me have to print and describe everything in detail for a while to make sure.

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Offlinespaceman3
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Gtr Manchester UK - Libs? [Re: undergrounder]
    #7488060 - 10/05/07 11:10 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the advice undergrounder.

I did prints and batch 1 came up purple batch 2 black. 3 and 4 are already in the bin. The ones that i thought were libs at first are too small and dry now to do a print, but Im sure theyre libs - they look exactly like the ones Ive bought in the past and the 'nipple' is even more pronounced now they are dry.

I reckon ill neck em tonight and see what happens :laugh:

Anyway a bit off topic but here some other shrooms I saw while I was out and about. I didnt pick these as Im sure theyre not active, but they looked nice ! :smile:[image][/image][image][/image][image][/image]

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #7488190 - 10/05/07 12:07 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The ones on the upper left are Panaeolus. They should have a black print and are inactive or weakly active, and non-toxic almost for sure.

The ones on the upper right are Stropharia semiglobata, inactive.

The ones in the bottom row could be libterty caps, get some more of the same species and see what color the spore print comes out.

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #7488472 - 10/05/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

spaceman3 said:

Hopefully this helps - Ive sorted the shrooms so that all the pointy ones are together

much better, there are still one or two imposters in that bottom line, but the majority appear to be correct.
the one third from right looks as if it belongs in the top left pile though.
better pics needed to be sure...

--------------------
View My Gallery

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder