Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiloveboomers
Stranger

need help
    #7485543 - 10/04/07 04:22 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

so i'm fairly new at this but i want to start my first grow, i've done a good amount of reading the past few weeks, although i have some more to do. But I have questions so any help you can give me would be great.

sterilizing- pressure cookers aren't cheap, and i am, so should i just boil my brf + verm. jars? and when i do sterilize (by whatever technique) how long should I let them cool before I inoculate? also should i spray lysol on everything before i use it?

fruiting chamber- I have a rubbermaid container my brother gave to me from his previous grow (which didn't work out so i'm hesitant to ask him for help on this). It has a heater(should i use a heater or perlite, or both?) in one container, with another container that sets intop of it, which you set the jars in. is this sufficient enough? I hear you need to have air exchange as well, but i'm at school for 6 hours a day, so i can't fan air several times like i'm supposed to. what do you suppose i do? screw holes in it?

lighting- do you need it, how much, and what kind?

mycelium growth- where do i put the jars untill mycelium grows? how long should they stay there untill they're put into the terrarium?

room temperature is said to be perfect for fruiting, but i live in a colder state of minnesota, and it's almost winter time, so what can i do there?

I know i have a lot of questions, i've got even more but i dont want to overwhelm this post. i'm reading up all the time, but i'm in a bit of a hurry to get these started. anything you guys can help with is appreciated. thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: need help [Re: iloveboomers]
    #7485565 - 10/04/07 04:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

sterilizing: as long as you dont get more adventurous than pf cakes, boiling will suffice. you let them cool until room temperature (about 8-16 hours), you wouldnt dunk a baby in a bath of 140 degree water would you?

fruiting chamber: get rid of the heater unless your house temperature is less than 65. go look up other viable fruiting containers. or research a bit. basic premise: tub, damp perlite, cakes, fan and mist daily.

lighting: no you dont need it but your mushrooms wont grow in the right directions, ambient room light is plenty, for as little as a minute a day.

mycelium: you leave the jars, UNDISTURBED, somewhere warm (no more than 80 degrees or so), for a month or until full colonization. common places for this is inside a box on top of the fridge, a shelf in the closet, or a cabinet that no one uses. jars are never used until 100% colonized.

room temperature: deal with it, because the cubes will.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies