Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
"God the Creator"
    #7477234 - 10/02/07 12:06 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Is an unknown and unknowable entity that is responsible for all things, all chaos, and all contradictions, all evil and all good, time, space, your momma and the neighbor who tried to rape you.

How do I know this? It told me of course and now I'm telling you.:monkeydance:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: "God the Creator" *DELETED* [Re: Icelander]
    #7477281 - 10/02/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by fireworks_god

Reason for deletion: Flaming is not permitted in this forum.

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: "God the Creator" [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #7477285 - 10/02/07 12:26 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It's you're not your.

How would I know that if God hadn't told me?

--------------------

OfflineQuerjek
Friend

Re: "God the Creator" [Re: Icelander]
    #7477292 - 10/02/07 12:29 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

So to you, is god all things?

--------------------
tripping eyes and flooded lungs
northern downpour sends its love

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: "God the Creator" [Re: Querjek]
    #7477346 - 10/02/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Well that's the point of this post to some degree. Yes "God" would be all things like the Tao or Nagual.

But I was making a joke that I could ever really know this. It's just my best guess and I was making light of all those who continually post here and say God is this or that or God means this or this is what God wants or means. That to me is just self-important nonsense. IMO it's the result of severe anxiety and the need to know that someone or something (read father/mother figure) is looking out for them and will protect them from the chaotic nature of life and their conscious or unconscious fear of death and disintegration, physical and mental/emotional.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: "God the Creator" [Re: Querjek]
    #7477448 - 10/02/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Querjek said:
So to you, is god all things?

Our free will reaches out of the realms of g*d.
At least g*d left us this little room for experiencing reality, by creating or decreating it for and by ourselves, so this is reaching into g*d's' limit(s) :sun:

But maybe even decreation (nonexistence) isn't a limit for g*d, either :shrug:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineYosefxp
HarmReductionist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hamilton, New Zealand
Re: "God the Creator" [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #7478240 - 10/02/07 05:42 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Behavioural science has disproved the existence of free will. Or at least has mountains of evidence against it...as opposed to their being no evidence for it. To say something was caused by free will is merely ignorance of the causes...like saying the sun moves across the sky because it is pulled by Helios; it is merely ignorance of the real causes causing a hypothetical construct called Helios.

Everything, including human behaviour, is caused by past events and if a god created everything, it knew exactly how everything would turn out and thus the original posters first statement is correct.

--------------------
Well it's alright riding around in the breeze
Well it's alright if you live the life you please
Well it's alright doing the best you can
Well it's alright as long as you lend a hand

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: "God the Creator" [Re: Yosefxp]
    #7478256 - 10/02/07 05:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Behavioural science has disproved the existence of free will.

I am afraid you are mistaken. Behavioral science is still such a little understood field that it can hardly be taken for hard science. All it consists of are unproven theories...not laws. There are no behavioral laws. To say that is has disproven free will is making a lot of erroneous assumptions.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
    #7478767 - 10/02/07 09:00 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
But I was making a joke that I could ever really know this. It's just my best guess and I was making light of all those who continually post here and say God is this or that or God means this or this is what God wants or means. That to me is just self-important nonsense. IMO it's the result of severe anxiety and the need to know that someone or something (read father/mother figure) is looking out for them and will protect them from the chaotic nature of life and their conscious or unconscious fear of death and disintegration, physical and mental/emotional.

As I am on occasion one' them
Quote:

who continually post here and say God is this or that or God means this or this is what God wants or means

, can I assume that
Quote:

That to me is just self-important nonsense. IMO it's the result of severe anxiety and the need to know that someone or something (read father/mother figure) is looking out for them and will protect them from the chaotic nature of life and their conscious or unconscious fear of death and disintegration, physical and mental/emotional.

is directed at me to some degree?

I came onto "the scene" as it is with militant atheism and a rigid belief that death means DEATH and nothing else, and that I wasn't much more than the result of monkeys fucking. IMO this is probably without a doubt the most logical belief you can have about life, death, or God sans...something immense. This belief NEVER bothered me or caused me anxiety. I found it to be the most reasonable belief to hold at the time I found it rather appealing because I didn't have a need to feel like big daddy was going to wait for me at the end and hold my hand. Clearly that was how it is. However I have since had experiences which have given me deeper clarity in this...that couldn't have been more clear. Do I choose those beliefs, as opposed to ones that would seem on the surface to be much more rational, out of death anxiety? No! And if I gained more clarity in the issue that both discredited my current beleifs and reaffirmed those views I held previously, I would drop them. But whatever. Surely this whole splurge is too self-important for you. 

Your "O" is littered with "self-important nonsense" imO and doesn't apply to everyone. Just like you claim you can't know God or whatever, how the f could you know :whoa:DEATH ANXIETY:whoa: drives everyone's spiritual beliefs, as you seem to be asserting?! Or is it nothing more than the same sort of "supposed" mere speculation you're ragging on here? I don't disagree that the main value people derive from religious and often times spiritual beliefs is one keeps them dwelling on fearful notions of having no God, no afterlife or punishment for the wicked, etc. But it sure as hell, or should I say pumpkins being as though we all know pumpkins are a for sure thing, doesn't apply to everyone.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Offlinestellar renegade
explorer ofmetaphysicaldepths
Male

Loc: carrollton, tx
Re: "God the Creator" [Re: Grok]
    #7479226 - 10/02/07 11:02 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

God's nature is expounded by everything that exists. The remarkable thing is not that we could see G-d's nature, but that we often don't. I believe that if we were simple enough to learn the most humbling lessons we would be able to clearly see G-d all around us.

Or let's come from the other side. It is not that we can fully know the vastness that is G-d, but that we can openly percieve aspects of Him/Her/It. The process by which we would come to this perception would not be one of learning, but of unlearning.

Besides, we make statements about life all the time, why not about the Supreme Being? "You can't know anything about the Supreme Being or ultimate reality" - this in itself is a statement about ultimate reality.

--------------------
"I threw a small stone down at the reflection of my image in the water, and it altogether disappeared. I burst as it shattered through me, like a bullet through a bottle... and I'm expected to believe that any of this is real!" -mewithoutYou

"To believe in the wide-awake real, through all the stupefying, enervating, distorting dream: to will to wake, when the very being seems athirst for godless repose: these are the broken steps up to the high fields where repose is but a form of strength, strength but a form of joy, joy but a form of love." -George MacDonald

Edited by stellar renegade (10/02/07 11:03 PM)

OfflineYosefxp
HarmReductionist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hamilton, New Zealand
Re: "God the Creator" [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #7479469 - 10/03/07 12:44 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Quote:

Behavioural science has disproved the existence of free will.

I am afraid you are mistaken. Behavioral science is still such a little understood field that it can hardly be taken for hard science. All it consists of are unproven theories...not laws. There are no behavioral laws. To say that is has disproven free will is making a lot of erroneous assumptions.

Ha, you're talking to a person studying behavioural psychology and I can assure you it is well understood by those in it :laugh:. Read Science and Human Behavior by B.F. Skinner. Yes it was published over 50 years ago but as you clearly point out, most people still think it's all weak theories and wishy-washy.

It is hard science. Everything must be observable and measureable before behavioural psychology will even consider it.

And so far, every single bit of evidence collected goes against the idea of free will as being something which is not under the influence of anything observable and measureable. If we start talking about the idea of free will as an illusion of choice in our daily lives then sure, I'll agree free will exists.

But I'm also saying that it's theoretically possible to completely predict behaviour by a complete knowledge of the persons current environment, history and genetics. There is no magical 'free-will' that defies the laws of behavioural science.

--------------------
Well it's alright riding around in the breeze
Well it's alright if you live the life you please
Well it's alright doing the best you can
Well it's alright as long as you lend a hand

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7479496 - 10/03/07 01:11 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Theoretically possible to predict such behavior; behavior, of course, being the manner in which an individual makes a choice in response to the environment, every single step along the way. Either human beings make choices, or they don't, and the idea that human beings do not make choices belies our present experience of reality.

Of course we can have a science of reviewing all aspects of one's environment that would piece together all the evidence to figure out what brought a human to make the choices that they did... but it isn't as though a choice is being made, and I don't see behaviorial science predicting anyone's choices until after they happen. :smirk:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #7479501 - 10/03/07 01:12 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

All what behavioral science, in the field of differential psychology, does so far is to find some personality parameters which can significantly predict the behaviour of a person.
Since there are many varying models which most don't cover human behaviour completely (don't represent it perfectly), the absolute predictability of one's behaviour still stays an unproven hypothesis as well. The personality-'factors' have not yet been identified very well, as far as I know.
(Of course every researching psychologist on this field claims to have found them!)

That what discerns humans behaviour from Skinners Black-Box, used on the field of Pavlov, is what does make behavioral psychology interesting.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7479642 - 10/03/07 03:21 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ha, you're talking to a person studying behavioural psychology and I can assure you it is well understood by those in it :laugh:. Read Science and Human Behavior by B.F. Skinner. Yes it was published over 50 years ago but as you clearly point out, most people still think it's all weak theories and wishy-washy.

And it’s 50 years old for a reason :smirk:

The problem with behaviorism is that it only studies, analyzes the visible/obvious aspect of the human psyche. It’s very much like treating a bruise by covering it with make up.
The fact is that we’re much more than what our surface acts, so behaviorist psychology will never be able to determine or predict our future actions, but on a very limited area.
What drives us, what motivates us comes from a so much deeper and subtle place of our minds, so how can something as rudimentary and superficial “science” like behaviorism be able to prove the inexistence of free Will?

People resemble in many ways, and most of their mental activities are alike. But MOST doesn’t mean ALL. And each of us have unique experiences (not “magical” in the dumb sense that you’re implying), and those experiences can never be anticipated. It is exactly those mental processes that makes all this theory dismember, because even if, statistically speaking, the unexpected is mostly taken to account, the way it will actually manifest can never be estimated. Therefore, this all predicting business works on very limited aspects of our lives.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #7480460 - 10/03/07 10:59 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

you should center god where your spinal cord meets the brain
and explode like a million orgasms until you're glorly is enough
to start the big bang

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Re: "God the Creator" [Re: Cherk]
    #7480470 - 10/03/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

you can actually meet the guy and become friends with him

--------------------

SIKE

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7480478 - 10/03/07 11:03 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

What god?

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

#7480480 - 10/03/07 11:03 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

hahah just watch this feeling come
and do whatever it takes not to cry
and when it comes again and you cant help cryin
do it away from the women
then come back again and instead of crying
tell the old man next to you that its ok to cry
and go on getting laid
then sleep and dream of god

--------------------

SIKE

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Re: "God the Creator" [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7480482 - 10/03/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

there can only be one god if its really god we're talking about

--------------------

SIKE

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7480484 - 10/03/07 11:05 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm from my perspective, I see no god. :strokebeard:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order