Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprimordialoddity
Hooded ForestDweller

Loc: PNW
Re: All American, Sterilizers or Pressure Cookers? [Re: Brainiac]
    #7538188 - 10/20/07 03:05 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno but I hate those bastards, my guitar ($600) was DENTED all the way through the finish and then some into the body, mahagony...the guy I bought it from worked VERY diligently with me against ups. It was fully insured, I got nothing. They drew out the whole claim process soooo long, by the time shit went through or whatever, it was to late, they are sneaky bastards...shipping insurance is useless basically...

--------------------
...to unite the powers of the conscious and unconscious, of intelligence and emotion.

NOTE: All posts and/or messages from this account are 100% fictional and should not be taken literally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinereptiles
Mad Scientist
Male

Loc: Toowomba QLD, Australia
Re: All American FREE MANUALS 1941X 1925 1915... [Re: primordialoddity]
    #8190206 - 03/25/08 02:46 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Greetings all,

I've been reading through some older posts here, and thought I'd contribute a few tidbits for searchers that might land in this thread.

I noticed a couple good posts with basic operational instructions, and a post with a link to All American pressure cookers. Since the AA sterilizers (autoclaves) are slightly different, this link to the >>manufacturer<< might be useful for people searching here under model 1941X (or 1915 or 1925) for parts or documentation:

https://store.wafco.com/ezmerchant/home.nsf

Note that when one searches under "All American" on Google, etc. that a myriad of look-alikes will appear. For example, in this thread, a poster stated he "ordered direct" from All American Canning --that is just a retailer, not the manufacturer (Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry is the maker).

I'd prefer to buy from a sponsor here or at least from a fungi company, whenever possible.

Online searches for 1941X manuals will often take you to retailers that list the manuals for up to $59! Or you can get them for free at https://store.wafco.com/ezmerchant/products.nsf/Subjects/ProductManual

The manuals have great info regarding altitude corrections (sterilization pressure of 15-17 psi, for example, is only valid at sea level. If you're 6,000 ft up in the mountains, you'll need ~19psi. Perhaps a reason for some failures?

Also someone asked about cleaning a stained PC and a response was to use aluminum polish --please be careful to avoid using any abrasives on the metal-to-metal bevel seal! The AA stuff looks like a tank, but the seal is actually quite fragile. It is CNC machined to very close tolerances. Always inspect the bevel on flea-market equipment (and consider new pressure controllers / emergency blow-out plugs) before you even use it once. There is often a reason its at the flea market or eBay for $5.

Also one of the otherwise good posts, advised moving the PC off the hot burner... I disagree. Just turn off the heat and wait for the PC to cool. Never move a pressurized cooker.

Be safe.

Regards, Mark

Edited by reptiles (03/25/08 03:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals