Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Divinorin A tolerance
    #742851 - 07/12/02 08:46 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Does anyone know if a built up tolerance is possible with salvia? I have done searches on tolerance but all that comes up is the difference in tolerance between different people. Erowid had nothing.

I would assum it is similar to weed and you could do it everyday if you so choose. But maybe it's like LSD and day two takes a higher dose and day three even higher etc. Thanks

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Re: Divinorin A tolerance [Re: chemkid]
    #746628 - 07/14/02 08:23 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Someone must know about salvia tolerance????????

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
    #746844 - 07/14/02 10:34 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There doesn't appear to be any tolerance build up, but others may know differently!!!

--------------------

Cactus

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Divinorin A tolerance [Re: SalviaEngland]
    #747279 - 07/15/02 06:05 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

nope, haven't read or felt any tolerance build up.

InvisibleNeiL

Loc: Scotland, UK
Re: Divinorin A tolerance [Re: neuro]
    #747903 - 07/15/02 10:23 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

it's even been suggested that tolerance decreases, that is ->people might not breakthrough the first few times but eventually breakthrough on the same amount that they've been using all those times.

it's wierd stuff timecourse/ tolerance wise (at least it seems that way to me). i mean for example DMT, which when smoked lasts about the same length of time (on a sort of 10/ 5 minute scale, is that right? not personal experience ). I can kind of rationalise that because DMT is structurally very suited to being broken down by MAO and hence gets deactivated very rapidly, but salvinorin...

it suggests that salvinorin, like DMT, is deactivated in some way extremely rapidly. this might be for the same reason, that it is very similar (or exactly the same in DMTs case- it occurs naturally in the body?) to compounds present naturally in the body and is broken down rapidly by enzymes well suited to the job... but then why hasn't anyone noticed a similarity with any natural neurotranmitters/ modulators. it's still a mystery how it has its effects, isn't it?

maybe it's due to rapid receptor desensitisation then? but the fact that there isn't any tolerance observed (at least not by me...i've smoked a dose then 5 minutes later smoked another and got the same or greater effects and so on for a number of repetitions so i wouldn't say there was tolerance in my personal experience )

if the kinetics are due to desensitisation then it seems to me that it must be rapidly reversible...phew, i dunno...i have a degree in pharmacology and i can't make sense of it...anyone got any thoughts? (please)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #749853 - 07/16/02 03:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Nope, in my experience there's no tolerance built up, same amazing feeling as the last one.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#779512 - 07/27/02 03:12 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I've read somewhere that if Salvia is used more often then once every 2 hours for a period of time some tolerance buids up. Anoter source states there isn't any tolerance at all.

My hunch is there is such a thing: I've seen Tolerance in everything I've tried, including Grass. (the latter reverts within 1-2 days, however)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinesalvo
Stranger

Loc: detroit
    #779565 - 07/27/02 04:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

No, you can not build up a tolerance to Salvinorin A, but you can become bored with it if you smoke it all the time.. try salvia splendens leaves if youre a little sick of divinorum

--------------------
Well i had my beer last night with you, but you pushed me too far and now were through. You run out to the car and you think you're so cute, youre the kinda bitch they aughta shoot!

OfflineMeSaUsA
journeyman
Re: Divinorin A tolerance [Re: salvo]
    #781396 - 07/28/02 03:37 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I dont quite understand the salvia tolerance either. i have had it toss me for a whirl, only to have my friend try the same extract and feel nothing. weird stuff

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Divinorin A tolerance [Re: MeSaUsA]
    #787668 - 07/31/02 05:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I have always heard of it haveing a reverse tolerance. A persons lungs or throat might get too sore to smoke it properly if they were smoking it too damn much. Salvia wouldn't be active orally if it were effected by mao's like DMT is. Mao's will shorten the effects of about anything, I think maybe everything.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Divinorin A tolerance [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #788267 - 07/31/02 10:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"A persons lungs or throat might get too sore to smoke it properly if they were smoking it too damn much."
It depends if you are a regular smoker (tobaco or weed) or not. For what i've seen smokers tend to adapt more easely to salvia.

"Mao's will shorten the effects of about anything, I think maybe everything. "
It's exactly the contrary my friend. MAOIs will make you trip even harder, it's like openning more doors to triptamines .

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinegrowin
addict
Re: Divinorin A tolerance [Re: MeSaUsA]
    #793701 - 08/03/02 04:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

MeSaUsA, ur friend probably tried it for his 1st time, right? its very common that 1st timers dont feel salvia.

a growin original

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds