Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: lonely and losing hope... [Re: Syle]
    #7471730 - 09/30/07 08:15 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Get a hobby or a few you enjoy. Plan trips. Do things. Have fun. Why would you even consider killing yourself. That's such a waste. Think of how good you got it.

At least you aren't living in a mountain of trash in africa drinking out of a river that some kid upstream just took a liquid-like dump in. You have luxury and freedom to do whatever the hell you want so take advantage of that.

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you're ridin' through the ruts,
Don't you complicate your mind.

Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don't bury your thoughts,
Put your vision to reality, yeah!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: lonely and losing hope... [Re: Tangerines]
    #7471731 - 09/30/07 08:15 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Quote:

blkjkrabbit said:
i haven't really got anyone i can talk to about this. i think the hardest thing is trying to keep up this image of having everything together, like i'm productive and a good person and shit but deep down i couldn't feel less happy with my life.

Same, many of my friends here just coast through life with a blind eye. I don't. And If I try to talk to some of them about shit like this it just does not work and they do not understand. I would get sarcastic answers that are no help so yea that is why I too used the shroomery as a entity to bounce my thoughts off of and get feedback.

I know exactly what you mean. I've let go of friends who couldn't let go of their egos. I'm sick of not being able to have conversations with substance anymore and to hell with "friends" with smart ass remarks. I've been told all through my life that my friends would move on and I would have too at some point too - I just didn't think I'd be the one who left. I don't know...this is sort of an incoherent post but yeah, friends are an interesting phenomenon.

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: lonely and losing hope... [Re: VisionsToReality]
    #7471738 - 09/30/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:

At least you aren't living in a mountain of trash in africa drinking out of a river that some kid upstream just took a liquid-like dump in.  You have luxury and freedom to do whatever the hell you want so take advantage of that.

you may have burst my sides with that one that is some funny stuff haha.  I know things aren't as bad as they seem but sometimes it's hard to see the good when all I do is dwell on the bad. Tomorrow's a new month maybe I can make a new me :yesnod:

OfflineVisionsToReality
RIBBONS

Re: lonely and losing hope... [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #7471775 - 09/30/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, it is true ya know.  People actually do live on mountains of trash and drink in rivers where people shit upstream. :thumbdown:

--------------------
Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you're ridin' through the ruts,
Don't you complicate your mind.

Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don't bury your thoughts,
Put your vision to reality, yeah!

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

#7471778 - 09/30/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Hm. I can empathize with your post. I went off to college and things just didn't click. I really didn't meet many people and I didn't have fun. It doesn't help that I was really anti-social. I left after two years.

Then I came back home hoping to just chill with friends like the old days. But, most of the people I knew had left and the ones who had stayed had become drug addicts and such.

I would really suggest moving to a city. A real city. There are tons of people and there is tons of stuff to do. Young single people should all move to the city. Don't stay in your hometown....trust me. If I had done that I would have just died. You need to get out and start living life. If you're unhappy then do something.

Easier said than done though. Do as I say, don't do as I do.

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: lonely and losing hope... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7471799 - 09/30/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:

I would really suggest moving to a city. A real city. There are tons of people and there is tons of stuff to do. Young single people should all move to the city.

I moved to a big city and yea its like take your high school and multiply it by 1000. You get the city so there are more people like you and more people unlike you. It can be intimidating living in a large city though(as I know) as there are just mass amounts of people and you feel like a little bug going un noticed.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7471800 - 09/30/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The best thing to realize right now is that all that you're feeling is only temporary and situational. They will pass, like everything else in life. You're having a hard time transitioning. Is there anything cool about that school that you can focus on?

If you're having a hard time transitioning to a small town christian school, a transition to a fast city with no degree may not be the answer...at least for now. You will have a better time moving to a big city with people like you AFTER you get your degree and know at least what field you want to go. Once you know what you want to do, you'll find that people who are like you have flocked to those jobs as well. Those people will become your friends. But I have to tell you, if you're looking for friends like you had in the "good old days", they may never show up. You'll have different kinds of friends. Just find a way to not take everything so seriously. You'll see, life works in mysterious ways. Keep your head up, and don't make any rash decisions while you're depressed. You're not thinking clearly obviously. Be patient with yourself and hang in there.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Edited by DrCamacho89 (09/30/07 08:35 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: lonely and losing hope... [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7471812 - 09/30/07 08:33 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Dr. Camacho! Glad to see you're wasting time in the Pub again.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7471831 - 09/30/07 08:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The Eagles are getting killed. I can't shut it off, but don't want to pay attention. It's good to be back Randall.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

#7471833 - 09/30/07 08:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Hm.  I can empathize with your post.  I went off to college and things just didn't click.  I really didn't meet many people and I didn't have fun.  It doesn't help that I was really anti-social.  I left after two years.

Then I came back home hoping to just chill with friends like the old days.  But, most of the people I knew had left and the ones who had stayed had become drug addicts and such. 

I would really suggest moving to a city.  A real city.  There are tons of people and there is tons of stuff to do.  Young single people should all move to the city.  Don't stay in your hometown....trust me.  If I had done that I would have just died.  You need to get out and start living life.  If you're unhappy then do something. 

Easier said than done though.  Do as I say, don't do as I do.

That's some really interesting advice. Is it any coincidence my favorite city I'd live in is the suicide capitol? [Seattle]. Weird :crazy2: I do like that idea though I never thought of that - you really "answered" my original post pretty well because I don't like where I'm at, but don't want to go where I've been. I'm at a dead end right now because I'm leaving this town at the end of fall semester but don't want to go to my home town because my friends are just not the same anymore. Anyways, definitely some good advice thanks randal

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

#7471861 - 09/30/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DrCamacho89 said:
The best thing to realize right now is that all that you're feeling is only temporary and situational. They will pass, like everything else in life. You're having a hard time transitioning. Is there anything cool about that school that you can focus on?

If you're having a hard time transitioning to a small town christian school, a transition to a fast city with no degree may not be the answer...at least for now. You will have a better time moving to a big city with people like you AFTER you get your degree and know at least what field you want to go. Once you know what you want to do, you'll find that people who are like you have flocked to those jobs as well. Those people will become your friends. But I have to tell you, if you're looking for friends like you had in the "good old days", they may never show up. You'll have different kinds of friends. Just find a way to not take everything so seriously. You'll see, life works in mysterious ways. Keep your head up, and don't make any rash decisions while you're depressed. You're not thinking clearly obviously. Be patient with yourself and hang in there.

I think you see what I was talking about. I guess the good old days will only exist in memory now and even though I kind of came to terms with that when I moved away I'm still trying to force those days to happen again. I haven't really checked out my school yet I'm in a technical trade at a community college which is not a very good environment for setting up new friendships - especially for a newbie to the area. But you have put a lot of things in perspective so I definitely appreciate the advice. Thanks Doc!

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: lonely and losing hope... [Re: VisionsToReality]
    #7471896 - 09/30/07 08:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

VisionsToReality said:
Hey, it is true ya know.  People actually do live on mountains of trash and drink in rivers where people shit upstream. :thumbdown:

it's fucked up i know but it does give kind of a funny visual. life is like that. i remember hearing somewhere that 'humor is only tragedy with time'

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

#7471910 - 09/30/07 08:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I can think of various times in my life that were just divine like when I was young and had friends come over to run through the woods. Or when I started hanging out at a friend's house whose older brothers had a skateboard ramp and we ran around skateboarding, playing hockey, and blowing stuff up with homemade bombs. Or when I moved to that one neighborhood near my high school and hung out with new friends and we smoked weed, listened to punk rock, skateboarded in my back yard on my ramp, and raised hell that one summer.

I totally understand the desire to relive the old days with certain friends and social groups. But, those days are gone. There's no point in living in the past. Times like that just happen on their own and you can't force them. Those people have moved on and so have you. There is nothing more pathetic than somebody trying to recapture stuff like that by force.

You need to forge your own way in the world.

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
    #7471912 - 09/30/07 08:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i feel your pain on a different level man. i've got a good few true friends and plenty of aquaintances(sp?) that i just didnt click with right away to call them true friends. Anyway as everyone i have a few things in my life that sometimes really get to me, mostly late at night.

Tonight was one such night, and after talking a good bit to one of my newest friends, she gave the advice of writing down all my thoughts that i was talking to her about tonight and look at them again in the morning through a new perspective. Now usually i'm not one for writing those sort of thoughts down, but to do her the favour i was going to give it a shot. When i sat down to write out my thoughts (i was talking to her on the way home so i had no paper til i had calmed down a little) I just remembered one of them "i feel lost".

Since that horrible feeling a few hours ago and after writing it down, i feel completely refreshed and even think i have sorted out my problem and decided a new approach, viewing my problem from a different angle. Now i dunno if it had anything to do with writing it out or if it was just coincidence or whatnot, but sure if you feel up for it, try giving it a shot.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #7471918 - 09/30/07 08:52 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
I can think of various times in my life that were just divine like when I was young and had friends come over to run through the woods. Or when I started hanging out at a friend's house whose older brothers had a skateboard ramp and we ran around skateboarding, playing hockey, and blowing stuff up with homemade bombs. Or when I moved to that one neighborhood near my high school and hung out with new friends and we smoked weed, listened to punk rock, skateboarded in my back yard on my ramp, and raised hell that one summer.

I totally understand the desire to relive the old days with certain friends and social groups. But, those days are gone. There's no point in living in the past. Times like that just happen on their own and you can't force them. Those people have moved on and so have you. There is nothing more pathetic than somebody trying to recapture stuff like that by force.

you sir are a prophet. That actually made much sense to me. Thanks Randal

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: lonely and losing hope... [Re: Tangerines]
    #7471948 - 09/30/07 08:58 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
I can think of various times in my life that were just divine like when I was young and had friends come over to run through the woods.  Or when I started hanging out at a friend's house whose older brothers had a skateboard ramp and we ran around skateboarding, playing hockey, and blowing stuff up with homemade bombs.  Or when I moved to that one neighborhood near my high school and hung out with new friends and we smoked weed, listened to punk rock, skateboarded in my back yard on my ramp, and raised hell that one summer. 

I totally understand the desire to relive the old days with certain friends and social groups.  But, those days are gone.  There's no point in living in the past.  Times like that just happen on their own and you can't force them.  Those people have moved on and so have you.  There is nothing more pathetic than somebody trying to recapture stuff like that by force.

you sir are a prophet.  That actually made much sense to me. Thanks Randal

x2 - that captured a lot of my thoughts exactly.

sapphire - i know just what you're sayin and i've noticed that writing it down helps to clarify just what the hell i'm thinkin. this thread is definitely shedding a lot of light on why i've been feeling like shit lately and it's definitely helping me for the better :thumbup:

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#7472070 - 09/30/07 09:31 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Kill yourself then

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7472217 - 09/30/07 10:16 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

All I know is wherever you go, there are cool people to be found.

How many of them you get to know depends only on you. You have to talk to more strangers. It's hard, but suffering is harder. I suck at it but I am getting better.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom