Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: AlCapwn]
    #7472140 - 09/30/07 09:48 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I've always heard of tetrodotoxin (pufferfish poison) as being the "zombie drug."

Scopalamine has been used medicinally for a long ass time.

Tetrodotoxin blocks sodium channels so that nerves can't fire action potentials. In layman's terms: you stop breathing and if you don't get on a respirator you die. One you're on a respirator you are fully conscious but can't move a muscle in your body. Scary shit.

TTX= serious shit.

Edit: On a separate note: I was prescribed transdermal scopalamine patch for this weird yet unexplained nausea I had in the mornings (I'm a dude, not pregnant :wink:). Turns out I am hypersensitive to scopalamine, apparently. A regular patch dilated my eyes so bad that I couldn't read anything and I had some hallucinations... not fun ones either. Like rabid animals and people dressed in black hanging out in the basement of my house. Absolutely terrifying. 

Edited by Gumby (09/30/07 09:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: meatcakeman]
    #7472148 - 09/30/07 09:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Snoop dogg doesn't like it either

Wow what a dangerous substance

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7472326 - 09/30/07 10:40 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The real traditional voodoo zombie drug is a mixture of an extract from Bufo Alvarius(or other bufo toads-some containing only bufotenin) containing bufotenin and 5-MeO-DMT and tetrodotoxin from the puffer fish. After a certain period of time, datura is administered.;)
93 93/93

--------------------

Edited by lavod (09/30/07 10:43 PM)

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: lavod]
    #7472553 - 10/01/07 12:09 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

so this zombie drug in the video, is it basically datura...or is it totally different and you can really control people like it says?

people on datura can you control them as well?

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7472631 - 10/01/07 01:06 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It's basically datura. The plants they use in that video are from the Brugsmania genus, I believe. They have the same alkaloids as datura but in different ratios.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #7472634 - 10/01/07 01:07 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: Gumby]
    #7472642 - 10/01/07 01:11 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

so is this all just overhyped then? why don't we hear people using datura for mind control?

this almost sounds like a freaking commercial for an entho now. Think about it you create some bogus story, get news their to report it. Then all the sudden you have a bunch of people wanting to buy it/study it/ect ect.

--------------------

InvisiblePsilobuds

Loc: Flag
Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: Cepheus]
    #7472673 - 10/01/07 01:29 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cepheus said:
http://www.youtube.com/

haha, poor kids

its funny in the last 30 seconds camera goes past the toilet and through the door you can see the guy smoking an imaginary cig then next time he walks past the guy is holiding his head freaking out, must have realised he didnt really have a cig lol

dont eat datura.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: Psilobuds]
    #7472679 - 10/01/07 01:32 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

thats just it, this zombie drug can sopposedly be inhaled! that guy in the first video called it antracks

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (10/01/07 01:32 AM)

OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

#7472766 - 10/01/07 02:15 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It's a member of the nightshade family which is also the family that datura is in. That doesn't mean that datura will give the same effects and you can build a datura army by dosing all your friends. They just share some of the same similarities and alkaloids.

OfflineOMniversal
A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Male

Loc: The Synaptic Cleft
Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: Hakim0777]
    #7472829 - 10/01/07 03:05 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hakim0777 said:
Alot of haitians will mix datura and blowfish to make zombie slaves.

"According to the tenets of Voodoo, a dead person can be revived by a bokor or Voodoo sorcerer. Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own. "Zombi" is also another name of the Voodoo snake god Damballah Wedo, of Niger-Congo origin; it is akin to the Kongo word nzambi, which means "god". There also exists within the voudon tradition the zombi astral which is a human soul that is captured by a bokor and used to enhance the bokor's power.

In 1937, while researching folklore in Haiti, Zora Neale Hurston encountered the case of Felicia Felix-Mentor, who had died and been buried in 1907 at the age of 29. Villagers believed they saw Felicia wandering the streets in a daze thirty years after her death, as well as claiming the same with several other people. Hurston pursued rumors that the affected persons were given powerful drugs, but she was unable to locate individuals willing to offer much information. She wrote:

"What is more, if science ever gets to the bottom of Voodoo in Haiti and Africa, it will be found that some important medical secrets, still unknown to medical science, give it its power, rather than gestures of ceremony." [1]

Several decades later, Wade Davis, a Canadian ethnobotanist, presented a pharmacological case for zombies in two books, The Serpent and the Rainbow (1985) and Passage of Darkness: The Ethnobiology of the Haitian Zombie (1988). Davis traveled to Haiti in 1982 and, as a result of his investigations, claimed that a living person can be turned into a zombie by two special powders being entered into the blood stream (usually via a wound). The first, coup de poudre (French: 'powder strike'), induced a 'death-like' state because of tetrodotoxin (TTX), its key ingredient. Tetrodotoxin is the same lethal toxin found in the Japanese delicacy fugu, or pufferfish. At near-lethal doses (LD50= 5-8µg/kg)[2], it can leave a person in a state of near-death for several days, while the person continues to be conscious. The second powder, composed of dissociatives like datura, put the person in a zombie-like state where they seem to have no will of their own. Davis also popularized the story of Clairvius Narcisse, who was claimed to have succumbed to this practice. There remains considerable skepticism about Davis's claims,[3] although there is wide belief among the Haitian people of the existence of the "zombie drug". The Voodoon religion being somewhat secretive in its practices and codes, it can be very difficult for a foreign scientist to validate or invalidate such claims.

Others have discussed the contribution of the victim's own belief system, possibly leading to compliance with the attacker's will, causing psychogenic ("quasi-hysterical") amnesia, catatonia, or other psychological disorders, which are later misinterpreted as a return from the dead. Scottish psychiatrist R. D. Laing further highlighted the link between social and cultural expectations and compulsion, in the context of schizophrenia and other mental illness, suggesting that schizogenesis may account for some of the psychological aspects of zombification."

Ah I was going to ask if this was related to Haiti and Voudon practices. I remember learning about this in my anthropology of religion class, which in addition it was noted what a previous poster mentioned, that cultural beliefs also may play a role in reinforcing the role of becoming ones zombie, but I haven't read anything about Columbia having any similar belief systems so may just be the drug?

Serpent and the Rainbow was an awesome film..strangely was on television during the period I was learning about this stuff..then later on in the week had a random conversation with a strange lady at a coffee shop who was convinced she was in danger of people of high power who were involved in voodou...
Ah I love clusters of synchronicities..although this one left me pretty freaked out!:ooo:

--------------------
"We contemplate the same stars, the Heavens are common to us all, and the same world surrounds us. What matters the path of wisdom by which each person seeks the truth? One cannot reach such a great mystery by a single path." - Symmachus, challenging the violent persecution of pagans by Catholic Roman emperor Theodosius I

"When you look at yourself from a universal standpoint, something inside always reminds or informs you that there are bigger and better things to worry about."
-Einstein

OfflineOMniversal
A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Male

Loc: The Synaptic Cleft
Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: OMniversal]
    #7472830 - 10/01/07 03:07 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone read the book regarding Haiti and zombies by Wade Davis? I'd like to pick it up!

--------------------
"We contemplate the same stars, the Heavens are common to us all, and the same world surrounds us. What matters the path of wisdom by which each person seeks the truth? One cannot reach such a great mystery by a single path." - Symmachus, challenging the violent persecution of pagans by Catholic Roman emperor Theodosius I

"When you look at yourself from a universal standpoint, something inside always reminds or informs you that there are bigger and better things to worry about."
-Einstein

Offlinea_guy_named_ai
Stranger
Male
Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: OMniversal]
    #7472838 - 10/01/07 03:21 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

strange. I can't hear the sound in the video, but from watching the first little bit of it and people's comments, it seems really dangerous.

InvisibleMrKite1
Cosmo

Loc: AK
Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #7472966 - 10/01/07 06:04 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, the government tested scopolamine and a host of other deleriants years ago.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: MrKite1]
    #7473006 - 10/01/07 06:49 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DOSE : 7 mg oral Scopolamine

BODY WEIGHT : 185 lb

Subject orally ingested 7mg of racemically-pure scopolamine HBr in aqueous vehicle. No other psychoactive substances were combined with the scopolamine. The quantity of scopolamine is decided upon because it is 1/50 of a lethal murine dose; subject figures that this is a sufficient safety factor.

+30 minutes: Onset of peripheral anti-cholinergic symptoms, e.g. dry mouth, blurred vision, dilated pupils, hyperpyrexia, red hands and eet and flushed face. Some noticeable ataxia and poor sentence construction.

+1 hour: Definite delirium setting in. Substantial decrease of muscle tone, resulting in clumsy walking. Much banging into walls and stumbling over nothing whatsoever. Heartrate is very fast.

+2 hours: Muscles almost completely relaxed, so that walking is now impossible (can barely crawl, however). Foreheard feels feverish. Hearing is impaired. Pupils are monstrously dilated. Colors are very rich and bright, as with Cannabis intoxication. Visual perceptual resolution is poor; text appears blurry no matter how hard subject squints or concentrates. Depth perception is severely impaired, making it impossible to appropriately reach for even nearby objects without over- or under-reaching.

+3 hours: The walls are breathing, objects are swirling about and taking on living forms, making for a generally nightmarish scenario. Subject has NO INSIGHT WHATSOEVER; these are REAL HALLUCINATIONS, unlike the fanciful visions and distortions that one obtains on indoleamine psychelic drugs. Terrifying.

+4 hours and onwards: Muscles are so weak that even lifting a finger seems to take superhuman strength. Subject feels an oppressive force pinning him down on the bed, paralyzing him. Visual field is completely obscured by various living forms and blurry splotches. Throat is parched; tongue feels sandy. Subject does not know where he is; does not know whether he is even awake or dreaming, does not konw who he is; does not know why he feels so shitty; etc. Subject pledges his soul to the demon who is sittig on him in exchange for a refreshing drink of water. The demon takes his soul, doesn't provide the agreed-upon water. Subject resigns himself to eternal damnation.

+16 hours: Subject finds himself at work, utterly perplexed. He realizes that he is in the middle of a conversation with someone, asks for that person to repeat what was just said. Somehow manages to handle everything at work without stirring too much suspicion. Vaguely recalls waking up in the morning midway down the basement stairs. Luckily, no injuries other than bruises. Concludes that he must fallen down the stairs while sleepwalking. Later that day, subject is shocked to discover that he had completed a sizeable amount of rather demanding paperwork earlier in the workday, with no recollection of even being delegated this task. Because of blurry vision, reading is somewhat difficult.

+20 hours: Subject comes home, sees a bowl of cooked rice sitting in the refrigerator - does not recall ever cooking rice. Also finds a toothbrush and some floss (most of it pulled out and then wrapped around the dispenser) on his nightstand, and a remote control in the bathroom. Pupils are still fucking hugely dilated. Subject has paranoid ideation about various entities lurking throughout his house, sees fleeting creatures in his peripheral vision.

+48 hours: Subject's memory and santiy are more or less back to normal, but he is deeply shaken and full of regret for ever thinking of experimenting with an anticholinergic deliriant.

Moral of the story: Don't do scopolamine. It is NOT a psychedelic (mind-opening) drug. Instead, it will make you a zombie.

scopolamine- Erowid.org

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery

Re: The Zombie Drug [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #7473104 - 10/01/07 08:14 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The full documentary that CNN was reporting on is here:
http://vbs.tv/shows/index.php?show=Colombian%20Devil's%20Breath

--------------------
]

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder