Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Lava Lamp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePeterPiper
Stranger
Mushrooms and LSD
    #7467744 - 09/29/07 06:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

At the beginning of this summer I decided that I wanted to jump into the psychedelic experience by using mushrooms and hopefully LSD if I was able to get ahold of it. About 4 months later (last week), I scored an 8th of shrooms AND 2 hits of acid. So last night I took the mushrooms with intentions to use the acid next weekend, I was sooo excited. However, last nights experience was possibly one of the worst things Ive ever gone through. I thought that the trip would be something similar to being high of marijuana (which Ive smoked everyday for over a year), meaning it would be relaxing and fun, except more intense and with visuals. I also wanted to come out of it with a new outlook on life and new knowledge from the trip as Ive heard many others have.

When the mushrooms first started kicking in it was nice, I was watching South Park and laughing at everything, pretty fun. I was also in a very comfortable environment with my room, bathroom, and TV room all connected and noone ever comes in there. Its the same room Ive been smoking in for over a year. I had awesome music set up, my blacklight, lava lamp, and many other cool gadgets. However, once I peaked all hell broke loose. My body, mainly my neck would snap to the left every 15 seconds or so, which wasnt too bad... but then I started to go through what I guess would be ego loss. I started sweating like crazy and acted somewhat like a wild animal might. Moments later I found myself sitting on my coach in only boxer shorts while I growled and drooled and felt like I was going insane. I even remember repeatedly telling myself that I was infact insane and there was nothing I could do. This continued for hours on end and I really though I had lost my mind. The only thing that kept me going was the "increase in numbers" on the clock, because the movement of time seemed to be the only thing consistent and I knew eventually the trip would wear off, yet everything else seemed to be a constant cycle that continued over and over again, I was trapped in my own head. Eventually I decided to turn off the TV, stereo, and all the lights and attempt to rebuild reality from scratch. I laid in my bed in complete darkness and silence, yet the insanity continued. I think I even started crying at one point and wanted nothing more than a gun so that I could end my misery. Eventually I fell asleep and woke up about 6 hours later with a headache that I still have 12 hours later.

Now this experience has scared me into second guessing my decision to use my 2 hits of acid this next weekend. I know that most will claim that acid is easier to control than mushrooms but I still hesitate. Also, what are the chances of a repeat mushroom trip like this if I were to do them again in the future? Do you suffer less ego loss with the more trips you do? Lastly, the guy I got my acid from said that he's only going to be able to get it for another week, so if I want more I need to get it now, yet I dont know what acid will be like in comparison to my horrible mushroom trip. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineletsmakekill
Tak Aprt Yr Hed
Male

Loc: Iceland
Re: Mushrooms and LSD [Re: PeterPiper]
    #7467772 - 09/29/07 07:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

it just sounds like you ate too much for your first time. regardless of what people say, i feel eating an 1/8th for your first shroom experience is too much, especially when you list only marijuana as your prior drug history. my advice would be instead of seeing the trip in a negative way - to see some benefit from taking the drug. ego loss does not accompany every trip, as a matter of fact, is only known to take place either in full tranquility (meditation) or on higher dosages. it may just be that the shrooms you had were real potent and you didnt know what exactly you were getting yourself into.

but no worries, because every trip is different. and with time and practice and MUCH research, you can start by viewing your first trip in a more beneficial / mature way. my suggestion to you would be if you are still interested in pyschedelic drugs, to do some more research on them -- www.erowid.org is a great website.

as for the acid. after reading up on some of the effects, dosage, setting requirements, etc. - you should eat only one of the two hits you have, just to test the potency. too many ppl eat the shitt that they have without knowing what ug it is laid at, and freak the fuck out, which is deffinitely not cool. so just take one, see how it goes, and you can adjust your dosage from there. i am about 100% sure that eating one of the hits you have will NOT produce egoloss, so do no be afraid. most lsd these days isnt anywhere near what it use to be. and as for the entire egoloss process, don't get me started -- or else i'd turn this post into a boook.

so just do research and learn maan, and discover more about yourself than you knew before, and all will be beautiful. good luck on your journeys :psychsplit:

edit: a trip sitter may also be beneficial while experimenting with mind altering substances as well! just in case anything goes wrong, you can never be too careful :smirk:

Edited by letsmakekill (09/29/07 07:24 PM)

Offlinepazzy
Always Hardcore

Re: Mushrooms and LSD [Re: letsmakekill]
    #7467822 - 09/29/07 07:28 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Acid to me has always been more intense then shrooms. With mushrooms I'm in control for the most part even on high doses, but for me acid is much more intense. That was your first trip though now that you know what to expect you will enjoy it more. Also I like to do acid and mushrooms in an outdoor setting, you may want to try that.

--------------------
Are you happy for a miracle?

:yinyang2:

Absolutely no source checks/discussions.

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: Mushrooms and LSD [Re: PeterPiper]
    #7467929 - 09/29/07 08:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Also, for the record, that wasn't even close to ego loss. You just tripped really hard.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Lava Lamp

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience