Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycelium
THC Junkie
Male
Re: Tool show [Re: psillyshroompha]
    #757902 - 07/18/02 10:57 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

well if Uncle Sid is who you prefer beeing at a concert listening tool then do the doses, if not just eat shrooms, your bound to have fun anyways

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsillyshroompha
shr00m0r

Loc: SLC, UT
Re: Tool show [Re: Mycelium]
    #758482 - 07/19/02 06:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Damn, tommarow is the big day. I am so excited. Except now, my friend, who I am going with, got a hold of some E. I've never done ectasy before, I am thinking this just might be the perfect first trip, but I am not sure. Well, can't wait for the show, from what I am hearing, I am not going to be dissapointed.
~Peace~

--------------------
To all the weed I've smoked,
this blunts for you.
To all the people I offended,
Fuck you too
To all the friends I used to have,
I miss my past.
But the rest of you assholes,
Can Kiss My Ass

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #758666 - 07/19/02 08:05 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hm i dunno if its the right setting for e... the show progresses very nicely with the songs and visuals and stage set going from the earthly and sensory into the spiritual. but in the beginning and mostly for the songs not off lateralus they're not the most pleasant images, and the crowd doesn't seem to be E compatible. but if you can keep it to yourself i spose you could go with it. but if you haven;t done E before, if i were you i';d hold off til a better setting. tool is less the feeling good and more the spiritual and mind IMO.

hehe i'm still trying to fathom what i saw last night, and i was sober. it will be great fuel for my trip tomorrow. have fun!

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflinePoopman
Man of Poop
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Tool show [Re: Blastrid]
    #759758 - 07/19/02 05:21 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

...tryin to image all the tool fans in the pit on e.

Offlinepsillyshroompha
shr00m0r

Loc: SLC, UT
Re: Tool show [Re: Poopman]
    #766098 - 07/21/02 08:59 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

ALRIGHT!!!

Went to the concert last night, went with two friends, and my two brothers, all of us had seats together.
I ended up splitting an eighth of mushrooms with a friend just before the concert. We got inside, and Tomahawk was already playing. We listened for a little, but didn't make our way to our seats yet. Well, my brothers did, but us other three just hung around. Ran into some other friends that were there. They said that when Tool came on, they were going to sneak into the pit, too. So we all decided to go together. So far my mushrooms hadn't kicked in too much. My stomach was just a little queasy.
Anyways, we make it to our seats, hang out. Tomahawk was alright. They had some trippy guitars, but the lead singer did not have the right sound. He was screaming too much.
Then they got off the stage, then we left and met up with our other friends again. It took a while for tool to setup, then the place went a little dark, and a bunch of people started rushing the pit, so we did too. But we didn't get in. Security caught us. So after that, we all split up, and I didn't see them for the rest of the concert. About five minutes later, I was finally able to get into the pit.
Then Tool came on, started with Sober, then into The Grudge. I started to feel the mushrooms. And I felt a bad, hot, sweaty, vibe all around me. So I decided to get out of the pit, and I went back to my seat. Tripped out. Not too many visuals or anything. The mushrooms were pretty mellow, and worked perfect to put me in the greatest mood. It was a great time, and Tool was amazing. Here is the setlist, as good as I can remember it. I am quite sure it is not in the right order, but its close.

Sober
Grudge
Stinkfist
Schism
AEnima
Parabol\Parabola
46+2
Eon Blue Apocalypse\The Patient

Then a ten minute "intermission" type thing with a lot of bass, and trippy effects going on. Plus this huge head on the screen that kept caving in and expanding. I think this was about when I hit my peak. Everything was tripping me out, and this orange light was pointing right on me, and I felt so alive.
Then after the intemission.

Disposition
Reflection
Triad

Then another intermission where Maynard addressed the crowd, and thanked everyone for coming, then.

Lateralus

Again, I don't think the order is perfect, and I know I probably left out a song or two. But it did seem a little shorter than it should have been. Plus, they played every song off Lateralus except ticks and leeches, and they didn't play one song of Opiate, and just Sober off of Undertow. I would have liked for them to mix it up some. But all in all, I can't complain, I got my moneys worth 100 times over. I KNOW I can never go see Tool again sober. Their music, and stage setup was so trippy, they are true artists IMO.
Also, Maynard was playing guitar. He played a lot of the songs off Lateralus as backup guitar to Adam. I have seen them before, and this was the first time I saw Maynard play guitar. I never knew he did.

Well, I'll probably work up a full report to post in the Trip Reports. Hope this wasn't too long of a read.
Peace

--------------------
To all the weed I've smoked,
this blunts for you.
To all the people I offended,
Fuck you too
To all the friends I used to have,
I miss my past.
But the rest of you assholes,
Can Kiss My Ass

OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
    #766700 - 07/22/02 06:27 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet man, that sounded like a great show! Iam planning to do a 1/8th at the show, just hope i can handle myself. You guys are lucky too, they played 46&2 for you guys, hope they do the same here too.

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #766730 - 07/22/02 06:43 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I was supposed to see Tool at Edgefest last year but logistical issues forced us to eat the tix. When I do see Tool I hope it is a real mixed up setlist. I like surprises. My dream setlist would be:

Third Eye
The Grudge
Stinkfist
Eulogy
Mantra/Schism
Sweat
Prison Sex
H
Intermission/jimmy
Flood
Pushit

Recently they've been mixing it up more. They played 4 degrees and Crawl Away not too long ago. I have to see too before California slips into the ocean.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Anonymous

#766748 - 07/22/02 06:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to the Pensacola show on aug 1st. I cant wait.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #766991 - 07/22/02 08:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yaeh, that was the basically the same setlist for my show in tucson, only they played Flood after sober. very tight show! i was sober, and still i was trippin balls.... the experience is just that good.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag