Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAquarius_Learner
Stranger
Female

Loc: Washington, USA
How to not feel sick on mushrooms?
    #7465449 - 09/28/07 07:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

So. I really want to take shrooms, and if things go as planned, I probably will this weekend with my boyfriend. I've taken them once before, in a very small amount (they were in brownies, an eighth was put in the brownie mix, and then we split it between a lot of people, so I didn't get a huge affect). I've been told that this time, I'd probably have fun if I took a bit less than an eighth myself. I really want to experience the trip, but I am so scared of feeling sick! I have had a phobia of vomiting for most of my life, so that is what worries me the most, but I'm scared of feeling physically bad at all. I tend to get panic attacks if I'm naseous, and I don't think that would be good for tripping. I would love to hear some solutions about what could calm the stomach or reduce/eliminate naseua/vomiting while tripping. I've heard different things from different people - such as fasting the day before taking mushrooms (should I be fasting now if I plan to take them tomorrow night?), drinking the mushrooms in tea, and sleeping for the first hour after ingesting them. I'm not sure what to believe. I would love to hear some ideas of what tends to work, or really any words that would help me feel more relaxed about it. I've done acid twice, I'm not too worried at all about what mushrooms could mentally make me feel, and I really want to experience the trip. I'm just scared of feeling physically bad. Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Aquarius_Learner]
    #7465528 - 09/28/07 08:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

hmmm

well the tea always works really well for me...no sickness at all

i also fast before i dose..

if you plan on taking them tomorrow night i wouldnt eat anything tomorrow..

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #7465594 - 09/28/07 08:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i dont think putting them into brownies is such a good idea. itll burn the shit out of the psilocybin. The minimum heat for baking brownies is 315 degrees Fahrenheit isnt it? psilocybin starts to break down at 160 degrees Fahrenheit. And if you are trying to avoid nausea, you definately dont want to mix them with a solid food. That will put food in your stomach. And food and nausea don't mix all too well.

I think that mushroom nausea is really exaggurated. I've almost never felt nausea on mushrooms, and when i have, its lasted for 5 minutes, and its nothing that wasnt cured by simply sitting down.

If you are really worried about it, have some weed on hand and smoke that after you eat them. That should rid you of any nausea that may arrise.

hope that helps a bit, and i hope you have a good time. :thumbup:

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineHallucophetamine
ChemicalConnoisseur
Male

Loc: Durant, OK
    #7465615 - 09/28/07 08:55 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I really want to experience the trip, but I am so scared of feeling sick! I have had a phobia of vomiting for most of my life, so that is what worries me the most, but I'm scared of feeling physically bad at all. I tend to get panic attacks if I'm naseous, and I don't think that would be good for tripping. I would love to hear some solutions about what could calm the stomach or reduce/eliminate naseua/vomiting while tripping.

You probably WILL experience nausea, and you probably WILL throw up. Because the nausea is almost completely psychological, your extreme phobia of getting sick will most likely be your ultimate downfall.

Think about it like this: It's your first time to do something that you've really been looking forward to doing. All you know about it is what you've been told... Your interest is also quite piqued because you really want to experience the trip. Your mind is subconsciously creating a mold of what you expect/hope it to be like. The problem with this is - in the back of your mind - you're brain is processing testimony based on the thought that: "This person has experienced a trip before, so they're already one step ahead of me - therefore there must be SOME validity to what they're saying." You have no control over this part of brain activity, however - so this is of no fault of your own. Unfortunately, most of this is rubbish. The experience is different for EVERYONE. Yes, its a good idea to read up on the basics of a chemical/substance before taking it yourself, but getting too personal/specific with the information you read can lead even the savviest drug-user astray.

Long story short, when you eat the mushrooms (or whichever method of ingestion you choose), do not think to yourself "I just ate a mushroom... Gross". Or "That thing has probably had all kind of stuff on it... Ew". These are common thoughts for first-time trippers. And the way you described yourself, they could possibly be triggers for your panic/anxiety to come up - ruining the undertone of your trip. The best thing you can do, is (I know it sounds lame and cliche) "Think happy thoughts". And by this I mean use the time you are eating them to set your mind at ease and get yourself mentally prepared for the experience. Tell yourself there isn't time to be worried about whats on/in them, you're getting ready for something incredible. Would you feel sick to go to Heaven if you were afraid of heights? :mushroom2:

Hope I didn't come across as mean or anything. Just want to impress upon you the fact that MOST nausea in relation to tripping is purely psychological.

Wish ya the best, post a trip report. :tripping:

--------------------
*Trey*

1200 Micrograms is the best music you will ever hear...

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Hallucophetamine]
    #7465619 - 09/28/07 08:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

grind em up and put em in OJ, i didn't even taste/feel them.

--------------------

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7465620 - 09/28/07 08:57 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hot cocoa is always great. You most likely won't vomit or have any nausea. As for fasting, I personally hate starving myself all day just because I want to do mushrooms later on. I think it's cool to just go to bed and wake up in the morning and dose. You've technically been fasting because you were asleep and you have the whole day ahead of you to have a blast. Night time tripping is cool sometimes too though.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Robo]
    #7465624 - 09/28/07 08:58 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

mmm i eat them fresh, and never feel sick.  some pretty nasty gas the day after though :tongue2:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7465628 - 09/28/07 08:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

do people who feel nausea with psilocybin mushrooms feel that in general with all mushrooms?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Locus]
    #7465636 - 09/28/07 09:02 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i doubt it. I'm assuming you mean edible mushrooms/gourmet ones.

They don't have any psychoactive chemicals, and though some people do react badly to fungus, it is a very small demographic. The odds of feeling nausea on magic mushrooms aren't too bad, but the odds of throwing up on a normal dose are pretty slim.

Edibles don't cause nausea. Its not the fungus that causes it, its the psilocybin and psilocin in magic mushrooms that does the work.

Again, just smoke some weed before-hand. It works wonders with the stomach.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

OfflineHallucophetamine
ChemicalConnoisseur
Male

#7465645 - 09/28/07 09:05 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Drewwyann said:
i dont think putting them into brownies is such a good idea. itll burn the shit out of the psilocybin. The minimum heat for baking brownies is 315 degrees Fahrenheit isnt it? psilocybin starts to break down at 160 degrees Fahrenheit. And if you are trying to avoid nausea, you definately dont want to mix them with a solid food. That will put food in your stomach. And food and nausea don't mix all too well.

Woah, woah, woah man... Don't get into the specifics on the temperatures at which psilocybin (which is broken down INTO psilocin) begins to chemically breakdown.

Though you are correct, 315 degrees is too high a temperature for the mushrooms to withstand for very long... placing the number "160" on it is what puts that idea in random users' minds. Next thing you know, the next 15 "shroom recipe" posts are going to be filled with "Well... psilocybin/psilocin breaks down at 160 degrees... So... Umm... <fill in the blank>", you get what I'm saying?

We aren't licensed mycologists here. Therefore it would be advisable, for everyone's sake, NOT to place such a precise numeric value on such a variable piece of information.

Not trying to be rude.

Thanks. :mushroom2:

--------------------
*Trey*

Edited by Hallucophetamine (09/28/07 09:06 PM)

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7465662 - 09/28/07 09:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hallucophetamine said:
We aren't licensed mycologists here.

Some might be if I'm not mistaken(I could be). Interesting user name btw.

Edited by Adagio (09/28/07 09:35 PM)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7465670 - 09/28/07 09:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yeah thats what i meant. but if its all in the head as someone else said in this thread then why would the psilocybin be the cause? or maybe its a combination of the two

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineHallucophetamine
ChemicalConnoisseur
Male

#7465683 - 09/28/07 09:22 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Adagio said:
Quote:

Hallucophetamine said:
We aren't licensed mycologists here.

Some are if I'm not mistaken(I could be). Interesting user name btw.

Because no one has any real way to 100% KNOW - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that sort of information about anyone else on here... Its safer to assume there aren't any. Would you let an alleged "doctor" diagnose you online as opposed to an office visit? (Answer to yourself, honestly lol)
HOWEVER! I do not deny the fact that there are many users who are VERY experienced with certain aspects that perhaps not even a mycologist has experience with.

Oh, and thank you for the name comment. (I guess it wasn't meant negatively, correct?) :tripping:

--------------------
*Trey*

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Locus]
    #7465692 - 09/28/07 09:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

psilocybin would be the cause because your body thinks it as a toxin. As that is what it is in nature, and that is more or less how it acts upon your body.

So your body tells you that it's bad, and it wants it out. Thus, nausea occurs. It is strongly a psychological nausea though. Whenever you start to think about the nausea, and start to worry about yourself throwing up, the nausea gets bad.

But whenever you just say "ok, everything is fine," you are usually good to go.

--------------------

Offlinea_guy_named_ai
Stranger
Male
    #7465698 - 09/28/07 09:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

from what I've read honey or brown rice syrup helps alot. just take a bite of mushroom, take a bite of sweet, and chew chew chew.

Offlinesomebody041
bud tester
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #7465700 - 09/28/07 09:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

if you decide to make mushroom tea, you can choose a tea that has anti-nausia effects. i don't know off the top of my head what specific plant has the anti-nausia properties, but i do know that my friends and i once made a tea with some addition herbs in it to reduce nausia, calm the body, and enhance our mental thoughts. and it worked pretty damn well

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7465703 - 09/28/07 09:28 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

All I'm saying is that there are a handful of very intelligent individuals at this site who completely have the know-how and skill that would enable them to, as you put it, "throw out numbers".

No it wasn't negative.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7465710 - 09/28/07 09:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hallucophetamine said:
Because no one has any real way to 100% KNOW - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that sort of information about anyone else on here

Quite true.

Quote:

somebody041 said:
you can choose a tea that has anti-nausia effects. i don't know off the top of my head what specific plant has the anti-nausia properties

I think ginger and mint are examples.

Edited by Adagio (09/28/07 09:32 PM)

OfflineHallucophetamine
ChemicalConnoisseur
Male

#7465738 - 09/28/07 09:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Adagio said:
All I'm saying is that there are a handful of very intelligent individuals at this site who completely have the know-how and skill that would enable them to, as you put it, "throw out numbers".

Fair enough. (But in such circumstances it would never be a single, nonvarying temperature :wink:)

Quote:

jonathan_206 said:
from what I've read honey or brown rice syrup helps alot. just take a bite of mushroom, take a bite of sweet, and chew chew chew.

Perfect example of psychological influence over onesself. The "sweet taste" is a reassurance, even though it is by no means necessary for having a "good trip".

Quote:

somebody041 said:i don't know off the top of my head what specific plant has the anti-nausia properties

Classic example: ginger

**EDIT: Haha, Adagio already said it though: ginger**

--------------------
*Trey*

Edited by Hallucophetamine (09/28/07 09:42 PM)

OfflineYosefxp
HarmReductionist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hamilton, New Zealand
    #7465884 - 09/28/07 10:31 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

A little bit of marijuana always does it for me :laugh:

--------------------
Well it's alright riding around in the breeze
Well it's alright if you live the life you please
Well it's alright doing the best you can
Well it's alright as long as you lend a hand

Invisiblecloudtripper
Knock and theDoor will open

Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Yosefxp]
    #7465930 - 09/28/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Tea makes me throw up in about 10 minutes, but after that it is all good for the rest of the trip.

The best is Pot, never thrown up yet with Mushys and pot.

--------------------
Always come back again. Never come back the same.

OfflineAquarius_Learner
Stranger
Female

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: cloudtripper]
    #7466048 - 09/28/07 11:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you so much for the replies!!

I will definitely smoke a little pot with it :smile: Though, pot has made me feel a little naseaus before (usually when combined with coffee or alcohol). So that doesn't happen with mushrooms?

I'm not worried at all about the taste making me feel sick, I can handle tastes pretty well. I'm wondering though, is it ok to eat ginger/drink ginger tea after eating the mushrooms? Will it help at all? How about taking acidophilus right after? How about if I take stress reliving flower formula if I start to panic? Do you think any of these things will react negatively with shrooms?

Thanks again for the help!

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #7466083 - 09/29/07 12:07 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know, but I wouldn't. You can learn as much, if not more (as is often the case) from a bad trip. (even though if you start on a small dose, a bad trip is almost impossible)

Also, try having a pack of Dramamine handy. I hear that can help.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

OfflineSkeeblix
Dave Thomas
Male

Loc: Wendy's
    #7466090 - 09/29/07 12:09 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Smoking weed while I'm drinking to actually get drunk will make me puke every time. This might be what happens in your case.

I've never really had any kind of nausea after eating shrooms, but smoking a little bit definitely eases a bit of the comeup anxiety a lot of us get.

--------------------
This post approved by:

Premedman1 said:
:lol: I just shat my pants.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Yosefxp]
    #7466307 - 09/29/07 02:47 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Tea is the second step. Weed or dramamine is the third.

But the first step, and ultimate way to have a nausea-free trip is to have perfect set and setting... nausea will not be an issue if you have this right, even if you just eat the shrooms. I believe the anxiety that inherently comes with eating dried-up hunks of fungus (added, in some cases, to the anxiety that comes with the trip) is the only cause of nausea on shrooms, and not any physical gastrointestinal distress caused by the shrooms themselves.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (09/29/07 02:50 AM)

OfflineMooshRage
Learning

Loc: My Shadow
Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7466336 - 09/29/07 03:27 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The first six times or so, I never felt sick, but the 7th time I barfed. It was always in the back of my head after that 7th time and I would worry about it and always ended up barfing the first 30 minutes after consumption and wouldn't trip. I've been smoking weed before consuming every time now but the trip just isn't the same anymore when I'm under the influence of marijuana.

OfflineDiamonds808
New love formushies.
Female

Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: MooshRage]
    #7466393 - 09/29/07 04:40 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

A few menthol cigarettes does it for me.

Offlinea_guy_named_ai
Stranger
Male
Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Diamonds808]
    #7467395 - 09/29/07 01:37 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder if there is menthol incense?

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: a_guy_named_ai]
    #7470940 - 09/30/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

what has worked for me and always had was just breaking them up and eating them a pinch at a time and washing them down with water. you dont have to pound them all down in one sitting. some tims i even break the dose up over a half hour or so so i can kinda get my shroom legs before i probe deeper.
also water will just help greatly with tummy bubles and nasua and the sort. if i feel a little uncofy i ust take a little sip of water and it usualy helps me burp or calms my stomache.
again this is just my expereince but head it well. it has never let me down

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: notapillow]
    #7471286 - 09/30/07 05:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I spread my dosing out over 20 minutes.

YOGA ON THE COME-UP -- I used to have shitty come-ups on mushrooms, i'd have to lay down and feel like hell, on two occasions the come-up got so bad I actually fainted (one of those times, I fained off the edge of a steep hill and woke up suspended upside down in a massive bush, but that's another story).

then I started practicing yoga, which is basically a method of smoothing out the energy flow in your body. When you come up on a psychedelic, you get hit with this enormous burst of psychic energy, and your nervous system goes haywire from the shock of it. It takes about 20 minutes and then you get a handle on it usually. But with yoga I'm able to channel that energy and get great peaks and enjoyment out of it. I love come-ups now actually.

--------------------

OfflineMetalhead3261992
stoner

Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Noviseer]
    #7471308 - 09/30/07 06:05 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

definitley smoke some pot, it always helps the nausea . Drammamine would help too.

--------------------

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Metalhead3261992]
    #7473587 - 10/01/07 11:34 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I have noticed two forms of sick feelings:
1. Nausea,
2. Intestinal discomfort.

I know how to get beyond the nausea. Generally, utilizing a tea method, or sipping ginger tea with honey after dosing...
but,
I can never seem to trip without getting that pain in my intestines that feels like a knife being passed through my GI tract. Is this related to the psilocybin or some other possible foreign body in the shrooms?

Offlinebagsofun
Mother Puncher

Re: How to not feel sick on mushrooms? [Re: Fraggin]
    #7473816 - 10/01/07 12:26 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I notice both of these have already been brought up, but...

Make a tea using one of the teks with herbel caffeine free tea, and smoke some bud throughout the night....bud has always had the effect on me of helping me relax and center myself during a trip.

--------------------
Ass, gas, or grass, nobody rides for free

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies