Home | Community | Message Board

Mycotrop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejuris1
Esquire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The South
Pick or wait??? Please...anybody
    #7462038 - 09/27/07 10:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, I just wanted to know what you think about whether I should pick some of these or let them go a little longer. This is my first grow, so i'm not real sure. These are all B+. Are the caps gonna get bigger, or is this about normal? At 8:00am this morning, none of the veils had been broken. They actually grew a lot today. None looked they were about to break, but this is my first time, so maybe they did look that way and I didn't know it. Also, I've got some bluing on a couple of the cakes. I'm guessing that maybe it's from stress b/c I haven't touched any of the cakes since they were birthed. I dunked for 24 hrs, so they shouldn't be dry (i misted the verm too). If it's bluing, they should be ok right? Well, if anyone sees anything that i'm missing please let me know. Let me know what you guys think and what I should do. Oh yeah, the last pic is one of the ones that is bluing. Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

ps - i'm so excited that i'm thinkin about tryin these little bad boys out tonight. I was gonna wait until I had them dried out to have a better idea of the weight, but I guess i could try a couple smaller ones and see how it goes....

Edit: I'm only asking about picking the ones with the veils broken

This is one of the ones that has the bluing around the top edge.

--------------------
"In Vino Veritas"

Mycology (from the Greek μύκης, meaning "fungus") is the study of fungi, their genetic and biochemical properties, their taxonomy, and their use to humans as a source for tinder, medicinals (e.g., penicillin), food (e.g., beer, wine, cheese, edible mushrooms) and entheogens, as well as their dangers, such as poisoning or infection.

Edited by juris1 (09/27/07 11:20 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleimpeachme2
AmateurMycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Should I pick or wait??? Need help please.... [Re: juris1]
    #7462044 - 09/27/07 10:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Pick anything with a torn veil, unless you are trying to maximize weight or volume (alkaloid production within a mushroom ceases once it's veil begins to break).

--------------------
tradelist

Offlinejuris1
Esquire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The South
Re: Should I pick or wait??? Need help please.... [Re: impeachme2]
    #7462068 - 09/27/07 10:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Also, do I need to pick all these off before I dunk again. I'm sure that all of these are not gonna mature. What if new pins form while waiting on the others' veils to break? Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but seeing as how it's my first time, just trying to make sure I get it right!

--------------------
"In Vino Veritas"

Mycology (from the Greek μύκης, meaning "fungus") is the study of fungi, their genetic and biochemical properties, their taxonomy, and their use to humans as a source for tinder, medicinals (e.g., penicillin), food (e.g., beer, wine, cheese, edible mushrooms) and entheogens, as well as their dangers, such as poisoning or infection.

Invisiblenw_shroomy
NoN-stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Should I pick or wait??? Need help please.... [Re: juris1]
    #7462549 - 09/28/07 01:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Spawn Ratio Calculator
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7803673#7803673
I only grow edibles.Any info I give ONLY applies to gourmet mushrooms.

Edited by nw_shroomy (04/01/09 03:31 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation