Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
Los Straightjackets
    #745369 - 07/14/02 11:45 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I saw this band last weekend - Really awesome! Instrumental 60's surfer music. Mexicans wearing wrestling masks ... Pontani sisters (HOT!) dancing for them. If you get a chance to see these guy make a point to do it!

Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: Los Straightjackets [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #745406 - 07/14/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Damn. I tried to see them once 'cuz I liked their music (heard it on the radio). I was late to the show and saw The Reverend Horton Heat anyway. I will definitely try to see them next time they come around. A few other cool bands I've checked out lately: The Paladins (surf/rockabilly --saw them live a few weeks ago) and The Sadies (Canadians with a very cool surf/rockabilly/country and western style --I posted something on them with a link where you can sample some of their stuff). Wrestling Masks!!! What??? That is so cool. My girlfriend will really be interested.

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Re: Los Straightjackets [Re: frogsheath]
    #745432 - 07/14/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Buckle up then! They're gonna be at the Roscoe Street Festival in Chicago next month. The Pontani sisters aren't with them tho, bummer.

http://www.straitjackets.com

Buzz

--------------------

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
    #745520 - 07/14/02 01:20 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Kick-ass! I just sampled some cuts. They DO rock (just as I remember). Funny, I was AT the 4th of July music fest in good old Berwyn (Fitzgerald's). I do remember seeing Los Straightjackets on a poster in the club but I thought it was from another date. The fest was a three day event (all day) and there were dozens of acts. There was a fifteen $ cover. We left and got drunk at a friend's house nearby (in Oak Park) so we didn't make it back to the fest. Thanks for the tip. That (Roscoe Street Fest) is about 2 miles from me. Looks like I gotta 'nother date with my girl. She's the one who turned me on to the Sadies. She also absolutely digs Mexican Wrestling (for what it's worth).
Here's a 'nother site you can check out a Sadies tune on. This is a cool label. It's based right by my house too --about 4 blocks away. The tune is cool (Little Sadie) IMO. bloodshot records

Edited by frogsheath (07/14/02 01:29 PM)

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Re: Los Straightjackets [Re: frogsheath]
    #745806 - 07/14/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Let me know how it goes! I'm sure you'll like them, they totally work the crowd. We had them come back for like 3 encores. I really wish you could see the Pontani sisters tho, they are spectacular. http://www.pontanisisters.com

They are done touring with los straitjackets for the time I guess.

I'll have to check out The Sadies. I'm not far from chicago, lived there for a few years too, plan on swinging thru this october maybe.

Buzz

--------------------

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
    #746154 - 07/14/02 06:01 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

That's a drag --about the Pontani sisters. We're planning on going anyway. She heard about the masks already --I'm not surprised. I'll give a report of the show.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom