Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

substrain selection and cloning
    #7455154 - 09/26/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've been reading up on substrain selection and various cloning techniques. one thing that I'm not quite sure of is the ratios of fruiting to non-fruiting substrains from a multi-spore inoculation. I'm thinking about starting up some agar and trying that, but then I'm wondering about the whole non-fruiting substrain thing. I know that cloning from a fruited multi-spore inoculation is a little bit easier to do, but it also takes longer and you have to go through a cycle of below par mushies (not optimum). If anyone could make a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated. I'm actually thinking about doing both at the same time, starting up some agar and also knocking up a couple jars at the same time.

Will all of the substrains that are present in the mycelium culture bare themselves as fruits (except the non-fruiting ones)?

--------------------
This and all posts are the work of an imaginary character known as psilopod. Don't believe this rambling drivel, none of it's real, it's fake, it's an illusion, strictly for entertainment purposes. With that being said, enjoy.

Turning Dreams Into Reality

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: substrain selection and cloning [Re: psilopod]
    #7456712 - 09/26/07 05:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It's rare for a rhizomorphic strain not to fruit. Isolate several substrains and fruit each one. When you determine the best performers, you'll have fresh spawn stored in your refrigerator ready to start the next batch.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

Re: substrain selection and cloning [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7460831 - 09/27/07 03:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I appreciate you getting back to me. I had been digging around and although I had heard mention of these different concepts(fruiting/non-fruiting) in various places, few actually took the time to discuss the matter in any detail. Knowing that practically all rhizomorphic mycelium fruit is comforting. I can't find agar anywhere near me so it looks like it's going to be brown rice flour at first. I'm gonna order some agar online but I don't feel like waiting till then, lol.

--------------------
This and all posts are the work of an imaginary character known as psilopod. Don't believe this rambling drivel, none of it's real, it's fake, it's an illusion, strictly for entertainment purposes. With that being said, enjoy.

Offlinemilkman
DeliveringWorldWide
Male User Gallery

Loc: tha FLA
Re: substrain selection and cloning [Re: psilopod]
    #7460930 - 09/27/07 03:57 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

what strains are rhizomorphic i have creepers from spres101 and my stuff looks like cotton or would i have to clone a nice looking one then put it on agar then select the rhiz then put that in a jar?

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

Re: substrain selection and cloning [Re: milkman]
    #7461448 - 09/27/07 06:19 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I'm no expert on the matter, quite the opposite in fact, but I think that unless you see some areas of rhizomorphic growth that you can clone, I would suggest that you just pick out the best fruits and clone them. See where that gets yah. Again, I'm no expert. So long as they're fruiting your alright but if you want that extra bit give the cloning a try.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags