Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMFKDGAF
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
Greenhouse PVC vs. Tubing
    #7460365 - 09/27/07 03:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, I've made a greenhouse in the past following the exact guide lines that hippiechick used to make hers. In which she used all pvc piping from the humidifier to the green house. I need to make a new one but I'm not to sure which type of piping I should go with. I've seen many pictures of people's greenhouse set ups. Some used all pvc piping, some used tubing and others used pvc and tubing. When I say tubing I'm talking about clear flexible tubing that you would use to make a beer bong with.
My question is which would be the best to use.
  • All pvc piping. Going from the humidifier to the green house.
  • All tubing. Going from the humidifier to the green house.
  • Tubing from the humidifier to the pvc piping, which the pvc piping is attached to the green house.

All comments and advice will greatly be appreciated. As a side note I will be using a 4 tier green house like the ones pictured and I will be using a vicks coolmist humidifier and attaching the pvc piping/ tubing which everone I decide on, using plexi glass on both sides of the green house and pvc adapters, unless there is a better way that I do not know of. With my last greenhouse that was all pvc piping I had no problem maintaining a high humidity level in the green house. I ran it basically 24/7. I know some people say to put the coolmist humidifier inside the green house. I did how ever experiment with that in my last greenhouse and everything got soaked.

Thank You.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoachMan
Old Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Greenhouse PVC vs. Tubing [Re: MFKDGAF]
    #7460388 - 09/27/07 03:36 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I prefer hose because it is usually wider (I use spa hose),
and allows for the excess water to drain back down to the humidifier.
(as does the first pic of all-pvc)

The one thing a wider tubing will do is decrease the amount of backpressure,
and thus extend the life of your humidifiers.

Invisibleimpeachme2
AmateurMycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Greenhouse PVC vs. Tubing [Re: RoachMan]
    #7460883 - 09/27/07 05:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I prefer tubing due to flexibility, width, and ease of cutting. I use 1" vinyl tubing found at home depot/lowe's. Fittings for the tubing are kept usually in the same section as the tubing in these stores.

--------------------
tradelist

Edited by impeachme2 (09/27/07 05:43 PM)

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Greenhouse PVC vs. Tubing [Re: impeachme2]
    #7460934 - 09/27/07 05:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i would go tubing man... i just made a two tier green house and when i was looking into the same question you are.. i was at the depot and in there section for hot water tanks i believe they have 1.5 inch flex tubing about 10 feet of it i think for like 8 dollars. it is one big piece and you can cut anywhere.. they also, have 11/4 flex tube as well.. i went with 1/14 cause my two machines out puts are not that large.. plus incase using two machines is over kill i didnt wanna make holes in the machines incase of over kill i can still use one like nothing ever happened.. also, when your in that section at the depot they have rubber connectors in the same spot that go from like 1 inch to 1.5 inch there like reducers but big and rubber with metal hose clamps attached i think there around 5 bucks i used a couple of those and the hose and no glue or adhesives at all so if need be i can take apart and clean without ruining anything ... plus if i ever need to add or de add its simple.. just an fyi... i was gonna use pool hose that hose you use for vaccumming but since the seasons over couldnt find any..

Offlinedenots87
Shroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: B-Town
Re: Greenhouse PVC vs. Tubing [Re: tony8404]
    #7461107 - 09/27/07 06:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Go with both. My GH is similar to yours in the pics. I run 1 1/4" pvc tubing down the back with T-connectors going to every shelf. One set for a coolmist and another set for an ultrasonic. I used pool tubing and threaded pvc adapters attached to the humidifiers to the pvc air channels. This I think works the best so you can channel air to every shelf and place your humidifiers where ever your tubing will reach to. My .02

Potsy

--------------------

OfflineVegan
using the searchbutton
Male User Gallery

Re: Greenhouse PVC vs. Tubing [Re: denots87]
    #7461333 - 09/27/07 07:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was thinking the same thing ..
I decided that I would use tube and sprinkler type fittings

basically I dont think I will have the greenhouse running the entire year , just when I do bulk grows..

the setup will break down and go into the container GH, tube and humidifier for storage..

tube is 3/4" ID and 1"OD the fittings were in the sprinkler section. They push into the tube for a tight fit(no silicone necessary)cept for the 90deg into the GH//

--------------------
I came, I saw , I came back

OfflineEl_Flying_Mohawk
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Greenhouse PVC vs. Tubing [Re: denots87]
    #7463246 - 09/28/07 08:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

denots87 said:
with T-connectors going to every shelf.

I like the idea, it gives equal humidity supply top each shelves. I too use flex AND pvc. Flex to supply the GH, and in the greenhouse each shelve has its own pvc line for misting.

I put the humidifier above the GH so there is less pressure on the machine.

--------------------
Forever noob

OfflineMFKDGAF
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Greenhouse PVC vs. Tubing [Re: Vegan]
    #7463261 - 09/28/07 08:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Vegan said:
I was thinking the same thing ..
I decided that I would use tube and sprinkler type fittings

basically I dont think I will have the greenhouse running the entire year , just when I do bulk grows..

the setup will break down and go into the container GH, tube and humidifier for storage..

tube is 3/4" ID and 1"OD the fittings were in the sprinkler section. They push into the tube for a tight fit(no silicone necessary)cept for the 90deg into the GH//

but do you have the sprinkler fittings going in to the green house also or do you use pvc piping? If you do have them going in to the green house how do you secure it to the green house? With the pvc I secured it by cutting 2 pieces of plexi glass and gluing them together and then just cutting the plastic where the pvc outlets would go. Atleast I've looked in to the sprinkler fittings for using the tubing and those are the way to go because atleast for the pvc coming out of the humidifier, it was kind of a pain in the ass to rig.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation