Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDieCommie

Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7462064 - 09/27/07 08:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I would love to live in the Denver area.  I think the school in Boulder isnt half bad, but I hear its expensive there.

Is boulder absorbed in the Denver metro area, or is it far and separate?  I need to visit there to get an idea of housing costs and commute times to the university.  I would love to hear your thoughts on this!

(also, I dont care if my neighbors are black or hispanic... but I would prefer them to be american citizens  :wink: )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: DieCommie]
    #7462071 - 09/27/07 08:51 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The Denver area has grown a lot. Tons of people have moved in. IS there constant human habitation from Denver/Louisville/Layfayette to Boulder? Yep. But, Boulder has it's own vibe.

Offlinemytymyc
Acolyte of light
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norcal
Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: AJ4U]
    #7462222 - 09/27/07 09:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Cali Is very fuckin nice!!!!!! Indeed I pay 875 a month for a 2 bdroom and a pool and gym room with sauna On the American river, okay Its 100 yds away!!!!  Its awesome !! Lake Tahoe is up the road I can go to Reno!!! You got the beach  like an hour and  a half away !! Im fuckin centrally located!!!!:burnone:

--------------------
In the land of fruits and Nutts

Offlinemytymyc
Acolyte of light
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norcal
Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7462234 - 09/27/07 09:22 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
I live about 5 blocks away from downtown Denver and pay 550 a month for a one bedroom...quiet neighbors and close to EVERYTHING.

And no niggers...

Niggers no likey the Cold!!! Thank God!!!!

--------------------
In the land of fruits and Nutts

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: Rustifer]
    #7462294 - 09/27/07 09:38 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

That isnt that bad, but you can find Studios for $400 or less in certain areas in Utah.
Try and find a room or a basement in someones house that they are renting out. You dont have a lease and most likely the rent and utilities are cheap...my friend did that, the owner of the house was an old lady and he took the two bedroom basement for $350 a month with very small utilities. The owner lived upstairs..
He had a friend move in and the rent was hella cheap...he couldnt smoke inside, this was back in 2001 or about that time..

Edited by Skunk420 (09/27/07 09:45 PM)

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: Skunk420]
    #7462337 - 09/27/07 09:53 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I also detest paying rent. I'm trying to save up and get a small truck with a small camper to put in the bed, and live in that. If you get a gym membership or have friends showering and all that is no problem. Plus you are free to roam - no leases etc. And not to mention save $. For someone like me who's hardly ever home anyway it's the way to go. I don't own hardly anything and it'd suit me perfectly.

I used to live in rural E. OR...small towns aren't for everyone but you could get a 2/br house, and not a total shithole either, for $250. Nice/newer 3/br for $400. There are drawbacks to small towns with dead economies tho!

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: Grok]
    #7462351 - 09/27/07 09:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Just become a hippie and live in a tent and live off of others. Be a true homeless hippie and live amongst nature.

Offlinealtershroom
Earth Cohabitant
Male

Loc: under a lake in the north...
Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: Rustifer]
    #7462554 - 09/27/07 11:28 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Man me too....listen to this story.

So I'm hanging and I hear this truck outside my apartment..it's 12:15 am and I'm luckily staying up late....
and there is this car that has expired plates for many months in the lot of my apartment ,,right...

..and my plates did expire for a few days also ...but i got them changed the next day OK ..cause there was an orange sticker on it, but 3 on this pile of shit car that needs to be towed

So I hear this loud truck noise, it sounded like a tow truck..so I go out to smoke a ciggie and finally watch this pile of shit car finally get towed
.. and I see MY truck getting almost pulled up on this flatbed, OK,
so I say , Hey you have a problem sir
...and hes all like "no this car is on my list; see the expiration date it' '08 and it's the year '09!

I say "excuse me"..I think its the year 2007,
do you see that tag..I just went to the DMV and that sticker says '08
it's the car next to it with 3 stickers and has been there for a year now and hasn't moved
and he like, "oh you're right'.

So, I say take that piece of shit thats been blocking a good parking space for close to a half a year,. and it's tags say say 3-15-07
and he says I can't do that.....
it's not on my list.

If I wouldn't have been observant, my shit would'a been pwned.
I'm calling the apartment office tomorrow and going to raise holey shit with them.

I have had a brick thru my front window a month ago..flooded carpet with an inch of water 3 weeks ago..
they're gonna pay man.

--------------------

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: altershroom]
    #7462677 - 09/28/07 12:17 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

wow god damn fucking cracker asses, i love being a black woman reading about douche bags discussing housing: low rent, no blacks... great place. makes my day.

i honestly dont have the energy. cracker.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: juende]
    #7462680 - 09/28/07 12:18 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I'm so glad I only live around honkeys.

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7462685 - 09/28/07 12:22 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

honkey! thats the word i wanted to use, lol.
cracker is prolly one i my most used words.

i suggest finding a place to squat, or getting enough roomates so the rent is under a 100 [i've seen it done]

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #7462862 - 09/28/07 02:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Rustifer said:
how do you sqeeze a dime from a penny?

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: DieCommie]
    #7463485 - 09/28/07 09:04 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
I would love to live in the Denver area. I think the school in Boulder isnt half bad, but I hear its expensive there.

Is boulder absorbed in the Denver metro area, or is it far and separate?

It's seperate but being absorbed more and more. I know people that commute from Boulder to Denver and vice versa. It's about a 20 minute drive to Boulder from Denver. 30-45 if you're coming from south of down town. And those times are based on light traffic...

I personally don't like Boulder, as the crowd of hippie douchebags and yuppie pricks are seperated only by a faint wiff of deodorant.

CU football games are a blast, however.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineShroomieGirl
What are these god damn animals
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7463691 - 09/28/07 10:29 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

it all just depends on where you are, in the west like NV and utah, prices are alot cheaper, but on the east coast (atleast north/mid atlantic), it gets to be expensive as shit when you get into cities.
Maybe move to las vegas.... its cheap to live there :smile:

--------------------
:bouncysmoke:

I'm ok, really.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
    #7464069 - 09/28/07 11:48 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I'm moving tomorrow into a 3 bedroom/1 bath, 2 story w/ basement duplex for 600/mo in Grand Rapids, MI with 3 of us (my girlfriend and I + a friend) splitting it. the other half of the duplex are 4 more of our friends. The two halves have indoor access to the other half so we can use it like one bigass house when we want to (probably most the time) so basically for 200/person, 7 of us are renting a 6 bedroom house (4 used for people, 1 will be my lab, 1 is an office with a futon for guests) w/ 2 baths and 2 kitchens and tons of space. 4 of us used to all live on a ranch together about 5 years ago, and 5 of us lived in a large house about 2 blocks from this one about 4 years ago. I met my girlfriend when she came to a party at that house. It'll be nice to be around good friends again
:lsd: :shroomer:

we'll only be 20 minutes from our farm (where my girlfriend and i have lived for the past 3 years), so we'll still have easy access to some killer grounds for large gatherings and prime mushroom, deer and turkey hunting grounds.

if you're sick of throwing down 500/month on an apartment, start establishing some postive credit, then get a loan to build a house and buy a nice piece of land (or buy a house), at least then the money you're paying is making the place yours.

or

find some friends that you can really trust and know really well and split the cost of a large house's rent. It makes for good memories.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: automan]
    #7464709 - 09/28/07 03:32 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

automan said:
Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
It always amazes me to hear the astronomical prices people pay for houses and rent. In my hometown you can buy a fixer-upper house for $20,000. You can buy a pimped out mansion on 100 acres of land for $300,000.

same here. the house we live in costs $26,000

I'm so jealous - where we live real estate is just insanely expensive. The 2 family house we just bought this year was $341,000. But our 2nd floor 2 bedroom unit rents for about $1,100 a month.

As for the original post, I would never in a million years chance building something on land without the proper permits, inspections, town permission etc. Because if they DO happen to catch you, they can tear your fucking house down and you're shit out of luck.

Yes, paying rent on something sucks, but you're only 20 years old - build your credit up, save some money for a down payment, and do it right. Buying a house is a huge commitment and a big responsibility, so take your time!

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #7464928 - 09/28/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

the thing about buying a house is that you need a good credit rating to get one.

the same with loans. they dont give it out to people who actually need it; they give it to people who have established some sort of background, usually with a credit card.

the system is fucked. its seriously like giving an umbrella to somebody in the sahara desert.

as for me, i got a NICE NICE place in vegas--its got a gym, internet cafe/lobby, a pool, the works... but its a bit pricey for 1 person, so im looking for a roommate. personally, i prefer a male roommate, because they are less likely to have a stick up their ass about my "habits."

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: Crystal G]
    #7464971 - 09/28/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The bonus though, about paying several hundred for an apartment, is that you have the choice to move anywhere you please.

Getting tired of Miami? Move to San Francisco. Getting tired of Chicago? Move to New York. Getting tired of LA? Move to Santa Cruz. So on and so forth.

With a house--unless you got the money to buy 2 or more, you're pretty much stuck in the same position. You can make some monetary benefit though, by buying a house in an area that is vastly expanding and progressing as a city. Then you sell the house and move to another more desolate area that is still in the makings of becoming another high-trafficking city.

When this house was first bought, the costs were around $300,000. Now, it's worth is close to a million dollars.

better get on the move! haha

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: Crystal G]
    #7465060 - 09/28/07 05:35 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Crystal G, I don't know if you realize but what your saying doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You say they only give loans to people who don't need them right? Well tell me this what person who doesn't need to just pays interest for no reason to a creditor or bank when they could just pay for the item in cash and be done with it.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: I'm sick of throwing away 500 dollars a month on an apartment [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #7465128 - 09/28/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumMeltdown said:
Crystal G, I don't know if you realize but what your saying doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You say they only give loans to people who don't need them right? Well tell me this what person who doesn't need to just pays interest for no reason to a creditor or bank when they could just pay for the item in cash and be done with it.

Alright, if the loan is small, say $300, and you are doing it simply to establish your credit, they will give it to you. But what I said is, they don't give loans to the people who REALLY need it. I'm talking about the people in poverty here, not your average middle-class person.

Some schools give loans to people with no credit, many don't. Especially if you are out of state or an international student.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies