Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Loc: in the mountains
Microwavable Containers
    #745780 - 07/14/02 05:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I had a difficulty with some Microwavable Glade containers when did a trial run on them with just heating water in them as I am supposed to be when sterilizing honey water. They sunctioned cupped in when I closed the tops after the Microwave stopped. I was thinking maybe I should sterilize them without sealing the needle hole in the top and place foil around it when they get out, so maybe there is a chance for the steam to get out but nothing else will get in. Or letting them cool in the microwave, or after removing them from the micrwave without a sealed hole just quickly placing them in a sterile air tight container to let them cool then seal them later. Im working in a small sterile bathroom that is being used for mushroom cultivation purposes only. So when tranfering them into an air tight container I doubt they will contam but i want to hear other opinions. Thanks for any thing helpful.

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:
http://cannanetics.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycelium
THC Junkie
Male
Re: Microwavable Containers [Re: wikedanjel]
    #745803 - 07/14/02 05:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I would answer your question, but I'm not too sure what exactly it is(the question)

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Microwavable Containers [Re: Mycelium]
    #745901 - 07/14/02 06:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I must have not explained myself corectly. Its not so much a question as me asking for advice on what I should do so that my containers wont suction in because that causes them to pop after a while. I gave a few ideas but I would like a second opinion before I go and try. Thank you ???

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:

OfflineMycelium
THC Junkie
Male
    #745915 - 07/14/02 06:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

It maybe the type of container you are using. I notice this sometimes happens when I'm cooking food in some plastic containers. You might try making a small hole in the lid for steam to escape. I have put honey water jars in the microwave without lids and I didn't get any contams. You are nuking them to sterilize them correct? Just make sure you wipe out the microwave with some sort of diluted bleach solution or rubbing alcohol.

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Microwavable Containers [Re: Mycelium]
    #748383 - 07/15/02 03:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So what do i do when i want them to begin to cool. I take them out with the hole just there uncovered? or?

--------------------

Anonymous

#748564 - 07/15/02 05:29 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Try putting a band-aid over the vent hole you've created.

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Microwavable Containers [Re: ]
    #748822 - 07/15/02 06:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Place them in the microwave with the top resting on top, covering the container but not locked down. You should could/sterilize the microwave before using. Hit it up with some lysol before you zap em. When they are done cooking let them cool in the microwave for about 10-20 mins then lock the lid down on em. Afterwords place them in a ziplock type bag.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Microwavable Containers [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #749173 - 07/15/02 08:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks I think that is exactly what I needed to hear, makes perfect sense because it would be cooled down enough that I could press them down but that they woudnt suction. Thanks again and to everyone else.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation