Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Loc: Sydney, Australia
So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time
    #7457016 - 09/26/07 06:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

So I was wondering,

any tips on things we should / shouldn't do.

Yes, I have been reading around but I would like to hear more people's opinions first.

Like for instance, Is it ok to walk around my local neighbourhood. It's a very quiet place. Not many cars or people around during the day.

As a first dose. How much should we take? I have no idea how much I'm getting but me and my friend have put $50 AU together and given it to a very well trusted friend who is going to purchase that much worth from a very well trusted dealer of hers.

I can remain calm very easily so I doubt I am going to suffer from anxiety or fear lol

So yeah... any opinions? Answers?

Thanks so much in advance,

Adrian.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: adrian7812]
    #7457043 - 09/26/07 06:55 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well make sure ur in good headspace
and ur surroundings r happy
id say dont take more than 2grams
make sure u have things to do or watch on tv
ull have the best time of ur life trust me
have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::crazy2::sun::heart:

--------------------

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: adrian7812]
    #7457060 - 09/26/07 06:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well, for your first time you arent going to want to take a full cut i dont believe. unless you know the mushrooms aren't up to par with their potency. But for the most part you are gonna want to test them before you dive into them.

You will start to go somewhere, and they you will get distracted with something. That is almost a fact. It is so hard not to get distracted and "stuck" in places and with different things. You will go into the bathroom and not want to come out because the things in there are so cool, then you leave, go into another room, and get comfortable there.

As long as there isnt much human contact, you should be fine in public, and i highly recommend going outside for your trip. Theres nothing better than nature when you are tripping. bring a music player with you, you will thank yourself later.

pack a backpack full of supplies if you plan to go somewhere (hopefully you arent driving). fill it with snacks, drinks, and anything that you could possibly need. draw stuff, play with legos, and stuff of that nature.

uuuh... make sure you have NO obligations. obligations suck when you are tripping (for me at least).

thats all i can think of right now. ill probably post some stuff later.

hope that helped!

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

InvisibleAlion
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Coaster]
    #7457061 - 09/26/07 06:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Good Luck Lil Buddy.

OfflineBinx0101
Stranger
Male

Loc: Connecticut
Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Alion]
    #7457076 - 09/26/07 07:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Just make sure youve got no obligations, appointments, or anything you have to worry about. Listen to really open (live) music, stare at some nature. But i dont suggest going in highly public places your first time

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Alion]
    #7457085 - 09/26/07 07:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alion said:
Good Luck Lil Buddy.

HOLY! What the.. that's me! How did you know it was me and... hmm maybe user name? Where you from? lol.. freaky :P

Also thanks guys for sharing info. I should have plenty of things to keep myself occupied. Um.. another question. Would there be much interacting between me and my friend? As in.. talking about things and what not?

--------------------
Nothing I say is true. It is entirely fictional. In fact, my life is entirely fictional. I do not exist.

Edited by adrian7812 (09/26/07 07:08 PM)

Offlineblunt master
stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Binx0101]
    #7457096 - 09/26/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I'd go with a lower dose for your first time, just to make sure you like it, you know what i mean? I'd go with around 1.5 thats what i did. Its better to be safe than sorry, you could always trip again if you feel it wasn't strong enough you don't wana do too much and be overwhelmed your first time:mushroom2:
have fun man

OfflineBinx0101
Stranger
Male

Loc: Connecticut
    #7457097 - 09/26/07 07:09 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Some people like to talk alot/Do alot of activities

Personally i keep pretty quiet when im trippin, But when your gone you wont even remember you asked this lol

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Binx0101]
    #7457104 - 09/26/07 07:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Go fer an 8th, its not difficult to handle.

--------------------

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: blunt master]
    #7457109 - 09/26/07 07:13 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blunt master said:
I'd go with a lower dose for your first time

So I understand.. lower dose..

but, how am I to determine how much a "low dose" is?

I don't understand the 1/2 and stuff.

How many mushrooms would a low dose be?

--------------------
Nothing I say is true. It is entirely fictional. In fact, my life is entirely fictional. I do not exist.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #7457119 - 09/26/07 07:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It's by weight dawg, not how many.

You have grams in ur country, correct?

1/8th of an ounce = roughyl 3.5 grams.
1/4 = roughly 7
etc.

--------------------

OfflinePootmaster
Stranger

#7457128 - 09/26/07 07:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Ask your friend how much he's getting for you. $50AU sounds like about an 1/8? But I'd definitely check. Anyways, half an eighth is what I took my first two times with teh same friend, we had such an awesome time! First time we walked around the city, we must have walked at -least- 3 miles before settling down at a park near his house and stayed there for a good while. We lay on the grass and watched the clouds make weird patterns, then we started playing all these dumb little word games (which were SOOO fun and amusing at the time ;-)).

Anyways, good vibes your way mate!! You'll have an awesome time! Don't even worry about planning ahead (well, I mean... of course make sure you have no responsibilities and whatnot). Just let the trip take you wherever. Tripping with friends is always a blast!
:mushroom2:

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: learningtofly]
    #7457132 - 09/26/07 07:19 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
It's by weight dawg, not how many.

You have grams in ur country, correct?

1/8th of an ounce = roughyl 3.5 grams.
1/4 = roughly 7
etc.

I see now. =]

Simple.

So once I get them I should way it out so I don't take too much then.

And yeah... we have grams here. Australia. :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
    #7457144 - 09/26/07 07:22 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I dunno dude. a full cut can be a full blown psychedelic exprience, and if its your first time, and you get overwhelmed and you are in public, thats a recipe for having a terrible trip, and possibly getting the cops involved.

If you plan to stay at home and not do anything, then you could take a full cut, but not your first time taking mushrooms in public. I just think that is a bad idea.

A high dose is considered 4 grams +
A moderate to high dose is around 2.5-3.5 grams
a low dose is 2 grams or less
Edit: these are just what i consider high, moderate, and low doses. There are tons of opinions about this.

Of course, given what the potency is of the mushrooms you take, you can have a pretty intense trip off of 2 grams. I'd split a cut between you and your friend. If things arent intense enough an hour after you have come up, eat some more accordingly. But dont rush into it. You have plenty of time moderate your mushroom eating.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Edited by Drewwyann (09/26/07 07:23 PM)

Offlineblunt master
stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7457155 - 09/26/07 07:24 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i was talking about 1.5 grams, sorry i didn't make it clear

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: blunt master]
    #7457209 - 09/26/07 07:33 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

OK. Low dose it will be then.

And so how long would the whole trip last based on your experiences?

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#7457235 - 09/26/07 07:38 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

2 Grams is ideal for testing the waters IMO.

Quote:

HOLY! What the.. that's me! How did you know it was me and... hmm maybe user name? Where you from? lol.. freaky :P

Probably someone who knows ya but, ever google your own username?

Offlineconfusion
ProfessionalNovice
Male User Gallery

#7457246 - 09/26/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Just becuse you can remain calm while not intoxicated or even on MJ that does mean you can do the same on shrooms. Imagine that you are having a period or something, and then you can understand it is not in your control. You basically are on an emotional roller coaster, because of the fluctuation of seratonin levels in your brain.

Everyone here suggests 1/8 for first dose. I disagree I am on the conversative side of dosing. If you are hesistant about your first time, then I would suggest 1.5g. It will be a good dose to get you going and not a waste either. Don't over do it. People always come back bitching about what they should've known. Set your dose out at exactly 1.5g or 3.5g and then lock the rest away so you don't get any stupid ideas about taking more on a whim.

Just don't over do things keep it easy. Stay away from the public.
Oh, and don't forget a blanket. Think of yourself as a primal animal that can do anything spontaneously and have great fear and immense knowledge, then when you account for your personality while tripping you'll have a great time. Have a Nice Trip!:mushroom2:

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #7457252 - 09/26/07 07:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Probably someone who knows ya but, ever google your own username?

lol yeah, I PM'd him and yeah.. he said he just google my username. lol

Yeah I'll take 2 grams or so then.

So.. what.. do I just weigh it on scales and that's how I figure out how much 2 grams is?

--------------------

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: confusion]
    #7457267 - 09/26/07 07:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

confusion said:

Set your dose out at exactly 1.5g or 3.5g.

Stay away from the public.

Fair enough.. arg mixed advice. lol. Well I guess 1.5g should do it then. And because I will probably have some left over, I'll save it for a few days then if I liked the trip I'll go on one again. :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract