Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineconfusion
ProfessionalNovice
Male User Gallery

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: adrian7812]
    #7457291 - 09/26/07 07:49 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Probably won't want to trip again for at least a week, and most people longer. If they are dried, then you can save them for months. Keep them in the dark and well sealed. You'll be able to trip again with them a few months after.

To dose without a scale use the thimble tek:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5492160#5492160

I have always just gaged the amount per cap, and use neither scale nor thimble. Not the best way to go about things. :undecided:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: confusion]
    #7457359 - 09/26/07 08:04 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

confusion said:
Probably won't want to trip again for at least a week, and most people longer. If they are dried, then you can save them for months. Keep them in the dark and well sealed. You'll be able to trip again with them a few months after.

To dose without a scale use the thimble tek:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5492160#5492160

I have always just gaged the amount per cap, and use neither scale nor thimble. Not the best way to go about things. :undecided:

Link broken.

So how should I go about eating them? Just plain or should I mix something with it. Recommended "recipes"? I read someone mixed it with yoghurt. Something simple and quick preferably.

--------------------
Nothing I say is true. It is entirely fictional. In fact, my life is entirely fictional. I do not exist.

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: adrian7812]
    #7457717 - 09/26/07 09:23 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

So how long would a trip at a dose of 1.5g last?

--------------------
Nothing I say is true. It is entirely fictional. In fact, my life is entirely fictional. I do not exist.

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
    #7457813 - 09/26/07 09:43 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

2-2.5 grams is perfect to me. Only advice I have is don't take yourself into a predictable situation, go outside where things can amaze you and teach you. Don't stay inside watching the TV or being on the computer, get out and LIVE!

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: BirdsIView]
    #7457825 - 09/26/07 09:46 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It'll all last roughly the same amount, but the intensity will vary.

As for eating them, grind them up and put them in Orange juice, let it sit for a few minutes, then drink up! I did this w/ my first trip and I didn't taste a thing... although it LOOKS gross.

--------------------

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: learningtofly]
    #7457918 - 09/26/07 10:07 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
It'll all last roughly the same amount, but the intensity will vary.

As for eating them, grind them up and put them in Orange juice, let it sit for a few minutes, then drink up! I did this w/ my first trip and I didn't taste a thing... although it LOOKS gross.

Awesome. Orange juice. :laugh:

So that would be about... 5 hours or so?

--------------------

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
    #7457972 - 09/26/07 10:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I recommend using fruit by the foot. Wrap it around the shrooms and you won't taste anything.

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: BirdsIView]
    #7457985 - 09/26/07 10:22 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BirdsIView said:
I recommend using fruit by the foot. Wrap it around the shrooms and you won't taste anything.

Fruit by the foot???

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #7458215 - 09/26/07 11:28 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Regarding duration, effects: Erowid.

Also, the recommendation for waiting at least a week after eating mushrooms (or most other hallucinogens) comes from the fact that you will build a tolerance to them very rapidly. In other words, if you take 2 grams one day you will need to take about 4 grams the following to day to achieve the same effects. For most people, their tolerance subsides in about a week.
Just to reiterate: 1.5 to 2 grams is a good dose for your very first time. And like everyone says, avoid placing yourselves in uncomfortable situations; you want room to play. Access to music is very desirable too.

OfflinePsilocin Dreams
PerpetuallyContaminated

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Land_Crab]
    #7458224 - 09/26/07 11:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

ugh nevermind, have a good trip dude

Edited by Psilocin Dreams (09/26/07 11:31 PM)

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Psilocin Dreams]
    #7458254 - 09/26/07 11:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Will do. :laugh:

--------------------

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Land_Crab]
    #7458257 - 09/26/07 11:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Land_Crab said:
Regarding duration, effects: Erowid.

Also, the recommendation for waiting at least a week after eating mushrooms (or most other hallucinogens) comes from the fact that you will build a tolerance to them very rapidly.  In other words, if you take 2 grams one day you will need to take about 4 grams the following to day to achieve the same effects.  For most people, their tolerance subsides in about a week.
Just to reiterate: 1.5 to 2 grams is a good dose for your very first time.  And like everyone says, avoid placing yourselves in uncomfortable situations; you want room to play.  Access to music is very desirable too.

Thanks! :smile:

Offlinegmuralid
Holy Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: India
    #7458272 - 09/26/07 11:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I think your good with the 1.5 that you have decided. As for how long, it should last anywhere from 4-8 hours.

I would give myself about 9 hours of space to not have any commitments (unless they are fun, like meeting a good friend or something at the national park).

As for the stay away from public/be in public thing, I would say you should make this call depending on what type of person you are. If you tend to be an extrovert andnd very comfortable with human interactions, and have a decent amount of self control, you should be fine in public.

If not, then yeah, pls stay away from prying eyes.

I personally think you guys could walk around the neighborhood no prob, just dont be too sketchy sneaking around. Just be normal and walk around doing your thing youll be fine. I have spent a lot of time outside interacting with people on shrooms, and my first few trips were with groups of people, and it can be interesting.

As for you and your friend, if you are close, thats should be fine. You probably WILL end up talking and laffing and being crazy together.

Just let it flow.

Have fun!!:)

--------------------
Wilderness. It defines me.

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: gmuralid]
    #7458287 - 09/26/07 11:49 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gmuralid said:
I think your good with the 1.5 that you have decided. As for how long, it should last anywhere from 4-8 hours.

I would give myself about 9 hours of space to not have any commitments (unless they are fun, like meeting a good friend or something at the national park).

As for the stay away from public/be in public thing, I would say you should make this call depending on what type of person you are. If you tend to be an extrovert andnd very comfortable with human interactions, and have a decent amount of self control, you should be fine in public.

If not, then yeah, pls stay away from prying eyes.

I personally think you guys could walk around the  neighborhood no prob, just dont be too sketchy sneaking around. Just be normal and walk around doing your thing youll be fine. I have spent a lot of time outside interacting with people on shrooms, and my first few trips were with groups of people, and it can be interesting.

As for you and your friend, if you are close, thats should be fine. You probably WILL end up talking and laffing and being crazy together.

Just let it flow.

Have fun!!:)

Sweet. :smile:

lol when I said park I meant like a local park. Not a national park. Just one where there's a playground, trees, bike track and a soccer field. :P

Yeah we are very close friends. We make jokes and people think we're stoned when we're just our normal selves... Very immature to say the least. But yeah... Known each other for 3 years now and he's wanted to try mushrooms for a while now, as have I. So it should be good.

Thanks once again for all your help.

Offlinegmuralid
Holy Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: India
    #7458337 - 09/27/07 12:05 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hehehe...I think youll have a great time. Seems like you two are perfect for a trip together!!

As for the park, no worries I know what ya meant. yeah I was thinking in my own head about somethign when I wrote that. See, we have a national park here within city limits, and leopards come out every once in a while and take out someone from the apartment buildings or slums nearby. Its interesting to say the least.

But yeah, I spend a lot of time walking around barefoot tracking animals there, so I really wanna go there and eat some shrooms. I think ill be awesome.

Anyhoo, have a great trip, and be safe!!

:smile:

--------------------
Wilderness. It defines me.

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: Psilocin Dreams]
    #7458342 - 09/27/07 12:07 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

skip the meal before your trip. grind ur shrooms mix in penutbutter and make a pb+j sammich and eat that shit with a galss of orange juice. just make sure the sammich is small.

every time i have done that it has been great.

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: gmuralid]
    #7458362 - 09/27/07 12:13 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Will do. =]

--------------------

Invisiblebotha
Male

#7458691 - 09/27/07 02:26 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

*cough* I hate talking while tripping.. it seems so uncomfortable.. making words to come out of my lips. .. So beware for that. Maybe you're like me :smile: Whenever shrooms are coming on, I will try to get away from ppl as fast as possible, land somewhere in a deep forest, throw a bottle of water in the air and enjoy that my body is symmetrical.. doin meditation n shit. Sometimes i just sit and imitate touching sun with my hand, at the same time slowly breathe out and start inhaling the sunlight... this feeling is HUGE, thats what shrooms give to me what i cant obtain as sober.

but my first trip was with a friend.. and we did exactly what you are doing i suppose. Just take a low dose, and after tripping, leave yourselv a week or so to analysis what you had learned during the trip. Dont start partying after that.. okay? No alcohol, or any other bs. Srhooms are not toys, fool them once they fool you back twice.

Offlineadrian7812
Stranger
Male

Re: So me and my friend are going to try mushrooms for the first time [Re: botha]
    #7458702 - 09/27/07 02:30 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

botha said:
Srhooms are not toys, fool them once they fool you back twice.

Understandable I guess.

So... Is there any risks that could happen? Like.. A big what if... but would it be possible if we didn't realise what we were doing and tried going in someone else's house.

Or.. what other really stupid things could happen? Experiences?

--------------------

Invisiblebotha
Male

#7458707 - 09/27/07 02:34 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Confusion- when i trip alone, i often get confused.. cant decide what to do..

But you seem to have a powerful weapon against that - friends. Whenever someone is confused, the others will immediately help to get back on track's. For example. One moment i felt like i was 10 centimetres tall.. but when my friend told me something, i woke up.

First trip + friends + good expectations = very beautiful trip

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom