Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDrAbeLincoln
enthusiast

PC Question on an All American 910
    #745350 - 07/14/02 01:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I got a All American 910 PC about a month or so ago off of ebay dirt cheap. It didnt come with instructions but I figuered that it couldnt be that hard to figure out. I've been using it fine since I got it PCing BFR jars but I wanted to move onto grains again (my orignial PC was crap and didnt get over 10 psi).

Anyway is there a way to to set the pressure so it stays at 15 psi? I can get it to 15 psi but it either goes way over 15 and when I turn the heat down it goes under 15 psi. I can't seem to get it to stay. Its an older model or at least thats what it said on the auction from ebay. It doesnt have a rocker weight like my old PC did...it just has a valve on the lid which when you set it standing directly up it releases pressure. I've searched this site and looked at different websites for instructions for it but couldn't find anything. I thought I would ask on here before I paid the 5 bucks for the instructions.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

Re: PC Question on an All American 910 [Re: DrAbeLincoln]
    #745395 - 07/14/02 02:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi there Dr.! I have an all american pc also. I think it is larger than yours, but the valves are the same. If yours did not come with the little rack that holds your jars off the bottom you might want to use a wire rack like a round pie cooling rack to do this. Now about your problem. The instructions say to let the steam escape for 7 to 10 minutes before you close the steam valve to let the pressure build up. I find on my stove that 5 minutes is about right. Also you are supposed to put a coating of vegetable oil around the rim of the lid and around the inside top of the pressure cooker where the lid seats. I find this creates build up and use vaseline instead because it is easier to clean off. I usually start off with my burner set on the max heat setting ( I have an electric stove ). When the needle starts approaching 15 I turn the burner back quite a bit to where it is slightly above half. From there I may have to tweak it a few times to get it right. Just remember that that it will take a few minutes to respond to changes and keep an eye on it. Also when cleaning never immerse your lid. Wipe it off instead. Good luck.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PC Question on an All American 910 [Re: DrAbeLincoln]
    #745482 - 07/14/02 02:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have the exact same pressure cooker.
bought mine on Ebay too.

I turn the heat up to 3/4 on the burner.....let it get up to 15 psi.
then turn the heat down to 1/4 and let the pressure off the valve to 15 psi.
and it stays at 15 psi.....for the 20 minutes.

You might have to play around with your's a little since every stove is different.

I love my 910.... I got a new one and didn't have the heart to get rid of it.

good luck!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation