Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: Phred]
    #7453154 - 09/25/07 07:46 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:

Huh? Ahmadinejad has never called for terror measures against Zionism. His call for investigation into the root causes of 911 implies nothing other than the same thing that Ron Paul claims, which is that the US provoked 911. I don't think anyone anywhere will debate that Bush is a warmongerer. So what's the real point of that comic?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: kotik]
    #7453171 - 09/25/07 07:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 06:26 PM)

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#7453176 - 09/25/07 07:53 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

That article also seems pretty incredible, as it is a diatribe of ad hominens, and it also states that Iranian weapons are killing US soldiers, which is as proven and explained as the calims that it's known where Saddam's WMD's are - which happens to come from the same people and be repeated and used for a similar purpose.

Your gullability is deep if you're going to be taken for that ride again. And actually, your gullability is deep if you were even fooled the firt time around.

Edited by Disco Cat (09/25/07 08:15 PM)

Scholar
Male

#7453185 - 09/25/07 07:55 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 06:27 PM)

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #7453190 - 09/25/07 07:57 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Quote:

Great article. It's thesis is very concise. Why try to understand other people & parts of the world when you can just bomb them instead?

Actually, the thesis is that only an "intellectual" would be dumb enough to pull off some of the truly idiotic things they do. Normal people just aren't that stupid.

Phred

what a twisted little view of the world. also completely ridiculous if not downright laughable. you find an article able to point out a couple instances of ""intellectuals"" doing dumb shit and that's supposed to prove anything? please. normal people never ever do things this stupid right? isn't that the "thesis"? haha! you must not get out much phred.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7453226 - 09/25/07 08:06 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It must be written by people who teach their kids to ignore talking their issues through and just beat the shit out of each other.
It's also must be written by people who brainwash their kids with propaganda about Saddam's WMD's and Iran's gov't supplying weapons to Iraq.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: Disco Cat]
    #7453339 - 09/25/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Disco Cat writes:

Quote:

That article also seems pretty incredible, as it is a diatribe of ad hominens, and it also states that Iranian weapons are killing US soldiers...

That is factual. It has been widely reported for well over a year now. Military commanders were reporting it even before the MSM picked up on it. Captured Iranian-made IEDs, mortar shells and other weapons have been displayed to the press on numerous occasions, and the military has reported on it to Congressional committees.

Not my fault you don't keep up with things.

Phred

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#7453354 - 09/25/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 06:28 PM)

Scholar
Male

#7453369 - 09/25/07 08:38 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 06:28 PM)

Scholar
Male

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #7453388 - 09/25/07 08:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 06:30 PM)

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#7453395 - 09/25/07 08:49 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
That is factual. It has been widely reported for well over a year now. Military commanders were reporting it even before the MSM picked up on it. Captured Iranian-made IEDs, mortar shells and other weapons have been displayed to the press on numerous occasions, and the military has reported on it to Congressional committees.

Not my fault you don't keep up with things.

Phred

Donald Rumsfeld might have been the first to state that Iranian weapons are entering Iraq, in 2003. The length with which it has been reported does not make it more credible. There is no proof that ties these things to Iran's gov't, at least no proof to anyone who isn't a military commander or Bush aid. Whether these weapons are coming from Iran at all is not a claim I will trust as long as it's coming from the usual suspects, altho I will not disbelieve it either, I call it unproven, and when pedelled as fact I call it propaganda.
And I don't know, but if you do please inform me: how do you tell where and who a weapon comes from based on its shell, or anything else? How did these pictures (for the record I have not seen them) prove that these weapons were coming from Iran, and why couldn't they be made elsewhere?

Edited by Disco Cat (09/25/07 08:56 PM)

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #7454684 - 09/26/07 07:21 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:
Whether it was an act or not, that man said some brilliant things.

They should have asked him about what they do to people who convert from ISLAM to another religion in Iran.

I'll give you a hint

K_LL THEM

I'd like to buy a vowel.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: BrAiN]
    #7454768 - 09/26/07 07:44 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i believe under sharia its called dhimmitude, and a tax is paid to the islamic caliphate, zakat tax i think its called.

The iranians have the highest population of jews in the mid-east, funny enough i think all of them deny the existence of israel and likewise the holocaust.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7454792 - 09/26/07 07:55 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

There is no proof that ties these things to Iran's gov't, at least no proof to anyone who isn't a military commander or Bush aid.

Spoken by somebody that assumes Iran's government is a single entity, such as western governments, rather than a conglomeration of various "groups" each with their own agenda.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #7454808 - 09/26/07 08:00 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:

:lol: :handth:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: Seuss]
    #7454810 - 09/26/07 08:02 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

There is no proof that ties these things to Iran's gov't, at least no proof to anyone who isn't a military commander or Bush aid.

Spoken by somebody that assumes Iran's government is a single entity, such as western governments, rather than a conglomeration of various "groups" each with their own agenda.

Its a republic so most agencies can run autonomous from each other but are still under the rule of the council of ayatollahs.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #7454850 - 09/26/07 08:19 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

isn't the united states a conglomeration of various groups each with their own agenda?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #7454942 - 09/26/07 08:50 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Brainpower short-circuits
By Michael Graham
Tuesday, September 25, 2007

There isn’t a barber college or trucking school that would let a Jew-hating nut like Iran’s Whack-I-Job rant away on their campus. If you’re Adolf Hitler’s agent and you’re trying to book a speaking gig, who do you call: Columbia University or the Carolina School of Straight Chiropractic?

If Iran's president is such a whack-job, than there is no harm in offerring him a chance to speak. I think America is a fantastic place because even the idiots are allowed to speak here. It is ironically Hitler-like to assert that the Iran's voice should be silenced when we have an opportunity to let the president present his views to us in a non-violent manner.

Quote:

If you’re looking for a student to slap on a circuit board and Silly Putty and head for the airport, do you ask a drunk coed from the community college or dial MIT?

What a fantastic example of a raving lunatic asking us to dumb ourselves down. Yes, America, get drunk and go to community college. Be average, and never challenge anyone. Let's disregard the fact that MIT has cranked out nobel-prize winning physicists on a yearly basis for decades. Lets ignore the fact that people come from every corner of the globe to study there. Let's totally ignore all the good that has come out of MIT. Why? Because I picked up my copy of USA today last week and it had a story about a 19 year old causing a fashion-induced ruckus at the airport. I don't read about "science" or "technology" because I don't understand or care about those things. I do care about sensationalist media and blogging, so I am going to come to the conclusion that MIT as an institution is entirely bogus.

Quote:

If you want something done that’s really, really stupid, you need to find someone who is really, really smart. Or thinks they are, anyway.

In the case of this article you only need to find someone who is really stupid, uninformed, prone to generalization, thinks they are smart, and is into blogging.

Quote:

I had this epiphany reading reviews of the newest exhibition at the Boston Center for the Arts. Entitled “Work Number 227: The Lights Going On and Off,” artist Martin Creed’s (for lack of a better term) “work” consists entirely of an empty gallery where the overhead lighting is turned on and off at five-second intervals.

Who is dumb enough to pay good money for that? Why smart people, of course.

There isn’t a self-respecting junior-high art teacher in Massachusetts who’d let a student pull this scam. But the Hub’s connoisseurs of haute couture have forked over big bucks for the artistic equivalent of “The Clapper” ($19.95 plus shipping and handling). And they’re proud of it.

Oh my god you mean to say that someone produced a work of art that you don't like? Heaven forbid. Never in the history of the world has this happened. It would be a shame if I found out that people were paying good money for bad, sophomoric bullshit that gets labelled as "art" in my town...like if someone actually shelled out $35 to go see John Mayer who is playing here this weekend...Were that to happen I would have to come to the conclusion that everyone who lives in my town likes John Mayer and, therefore, Jessica Simpson and, therefore, Ashlee Simpson and, therefore, everyone in my town condones lip-syncing over live performance.

Quote:

Members of the MIT faculty are on record praising the faulty light socket show at the Mills Gallery. This might help explain why one of their own, Star Simpson, got her brilliant idea to strap on a circuit board and make some “art” at Logan Airport.

Brilliant connection there. I am sure she was inspired by the light bulb and not by internal factors.

Quote:

How dumb do you have to be to wear your “Play-Doh and battery pack” art in a high-security area? Or should I ask “how smart?” Because there isn’t an illiterate redneck in West Virginia who would try the stunt pulled by MIT’s super-Star.

He's not even making a valid point here.

It's clear this guy just spends all of his time purusing sensationalist media and has never read or experienced anything of real substance. How else would you come to the conclusion that Ivy league schools main export is controversy, and that "illiterate rednecks" in West Virginia never do anything stupid? I know several West Virginians who would take offense to the suggestion that:
A) Illiteracy is common with them
B) They aren't able to do anything stupid
C) They exist on some sort of other plane than Ivy League students.

The writer of this article is an elitist who hates elitism. No wonder his writing is both prententious and dumbed-down.

Quote:

“If Adolf Hitler were willing to engage in a debate and a discussion, to be challenged by Columbia students and faculty, we would certainly invite him,” bragged John Coatsworth, dean of the School of International and Public Affairs.

Adolf Hitler. Now there’s a commencement speaker the graduates will remember.

Is it so hard to understand that just because you invite someone to speak at your school it doesn't mean you support their views?

Quote:

Today, right now, soldiers and Marines who are not allowed to participate in ROTC on Columbia’s campus are being attacked with weapons from Iran. How many Americans do you have to kill before you’re no longer welcome among Ivy League elitists?

More, says Columbia University. More.

:lol: That last "more" is my favorite part of the article.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: kotik]
    #7454962 - 09/26/07 08:55 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
isn't the united states a conglomeration of various groups each with their own agenda?

Very similar to Iran, US has a supreme court and they have a council of ayatollahs. I find both of their interpretations of waging proxy wars via other militancies in advance of their own agendas similar as well. Both of course are of the Sartre like style of spreading revolution, which everyone knows a populist revolution always becomes autocratic over time.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7455169 - 09/26/07 10:27 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
Quote:

Brainpower short-circuits
By Michael Graham
Tuesday, September 25, 2007

There isn’t a barber college or trucking school that would let a Jew-hating nut like Iran’s Whack-I-Job rant away on their campus. If you’re Adolf Hitler’s agent and you’re trying to book a speaking gig, who do you call: Columbia University or the Carolina School of Straight Chiropractic?

If Iran's president is such a whack-job, than there is no harm in offering him a chance to speak. I think America is a fantastic place because even the idiots are allowed to speak here. It is ironically Hitler-like to assert that the Iran's voice should be silenced when we have an opportunity to let the president present his views to us in a non-violent manner.

Quote:

If you’re looking for a student to slap on a circuit board and Silly Putty and head for the airport, do you ask a drunk coed from the community college or dial MIT?

What a fantastic example of a raving lunatic asking us to dumb ourselves down. Yes, America, get drunk and go to community college. Be average, and never challenge anyone. Let's disregard the fact that MIT has cranked out nobel-prize winning physicists on a yearly basis for decades. Lets ignore the fact that people come from every corner of the globe to study there. Let's totally ignore all the good that has come out of MIT. Why? Because I picked up my copy of USA today last week and it had a story about a 19 year old causing a fashion-induced ruckus at the airport. I don't read about "science" or "technology" because I don't understand or care about those things. I do care about sensationalist media and blogging, so I am going to come to the conclusion that MIT as an institution is entirely bogus.

Quote:

If you want something done that’s really, really stupid, you need to find someone who is really, really smart. Or thinks they are, anyway.

In the case of this article you only need to find someone who is really stupid, uninformed, prone to generalization, thinks they are smart, and is into blogging.

Quote:

I had this epiphany reading reviews of the newest exhibition at the Boston Center for the Arts. Entitled “Work Number 227: The Lights Going On and Off,” artist Martin Creed’s (for lack of a better term) “work” consists entirely of an empty gallery where the overhead lighting is turned on and off at five-second intervals.

Who is dumb enough to pay good money for that? Why smart people, of course.

There isn’t a self-respecting junior-high art teacher in Massachusetts who’d let a student pull this scam. But the Hub’s connoisseurs of haute couture have forked over big bucks for the artistic equivalent of “The Clapper” ($19.95 plus shipping and handling). And they’re proud of it.

Oh my god you mean to say that someone produced a work of art that you don't like? Heaven forbid. Never in the history of the world has this happened. It would be a shame if I found out that people were paying good money for bad, sophomoric bullshit that gets labelled as "art" in my town...like if someone actually shelled out $35 to go see John Mayer who is playing here this weekend...Were that to happen I would have to come to the conclusion that everyone who lives in my town likes John Mayer and, therefore, Jessica Simpson and, therefore, Ashlee Simpson and, therefore, everyone in my town condones lip-syncing over live performance.

Quote:

Members of the MIT faculty are on record praising the faulty light socket show at the Mills Gallery. This might help explain why one of their own, Star Simpson, got her brilliant idea to strap on a circuit board and make some “art” at Logan Airport.

Brilliant connection there. I am sure she was inspired by the light bulb and not by internal factors.

Quote:

How dumb do you have to be to wear your “Play-Doh and battery pack” art in a high-security area? Or should I ask “how smart?” Because there isn’t an illiterate redneck in West Virginia who would try the stunt pulled by MIT’s super-Star.

He's not even making a valid point here.

It's clear this guy just spends all of his time purusing sensationalist media and has never read or experienced anything of real substance. How else would you come to the conclusion that Ivy league schools main export is controversy, and that "illiterate rednecks" in West Virginia never do anything stupid? I know several West Virginians who would take offense to the suggestion that:
A) Illiteracy is common with them
B) They aren't able to do anything stupid
C) They exist on some sort of other plane than Ivy League students.

The writer of this article is an elitist who hates elitism. No wonder his writing is both prententious and dumbed-down.

Quote:

“If Adolf Hitler were willing to engage in a debate and a discussion, to be challenged by Columbia students and faculty, we would certainly invite him,” bragged John Coatsworth, dean of the School of International and Public Affairs.

Adolf Hitler. Now there’s a commencement speaker the graduates will remember.

Is it so hard to understand that just because you invite someone to speak at your school it doesn't mean you support their views?

Quote:

Today, right now, soldiers and Marines who are not allowed to participate in ROTC on Columbia’s campus are being attacked with weapons from Iran. How many Americans do you have to kill before you’re no longer welcome among Ivy League elitists?

More, says Columbia University. More.

:lol: That last "more" is my favorite part of the article.

couldn't have said it better myself. that persons general attitude is a little scary imo.

only 'intellectuals' do dumb controversial things? how about the two hicks who drove back and forth in front of a jena rally with two nooses hanging from the back of their pick up truck. link

i wonder if they weren't surprised when they were arrested for taunting a giant group of black people with lynching and death. two good old boys arrested doing something controversial that almost everyone in the country would know is inappropriate. if i wanted to waste my time i could most likely very easily find a couple more articles just like this. upon doing so that loons theory would pretty much be dead in the water. i'm not going to waste my time finding links though, because most normal americans are aware of how silly it is in the first place.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale