Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: SCranton
DMT vaporizing
    #7445684 - 09/23/07 08:47 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i was just reading another thread and happened upon this question: anyone got a degree for the vaporizing temp of dmt. such as would dmt vaporize in an ordinary marijuana vaporizer? or does it have different needs to vaporize?
i would ask you to assume it to be normally extracted crystal dmt
much appreciated

--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskroomadoom
master of theskroomaverse
Male

Loc: GA
Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: ashfiken]
    #7445894 - 09/23/07 09:53 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I would actually be really interested to hear the answer to this one too. I've never smoked DMT but I got a Volcano...

OfflineMindGorilla
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: skroomadoom]
    #7446359 - 09/24/07 12:31 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Doesn't work very well. I have a vaporizer for my buddah, tried smoking DMT,didn't go over well.

Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: MindGorilla]
    #7447747 - 09/24/07 01:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

my buddy has a volcano too thats exactly why i was asking... considering volcanoes rock i thought it might work.... mind gorilla idk what kind of vape you have or if it even makes a difference thats why i made this post, but id like to hope someone with some more actual insight on dmt and its vaporization characteristics will help me out

--------------------
hmm...

My Trade List

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #7447896 - 09/24/07 02:22 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I have both, but haven't gotten around to it yet-- I plan on forming a small cup with aluminum foil filled with some ashes in the heating chamber on top of the screen so the spice won't drip when it liquefies under heat...

I've been waiting because I don't want to ruin the shitty tube that came with the vaporizer-- it "stains" with smells really bad-- I'm looking for a plastic that won't. As soon as I do, I'll make this one my spice tube.

I think it would be a lot stronger this way if you get it right, as a shit-ton of the spice is incinerated by applying direct flame-- this should be a great way to fly.... we'll see....

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: coAsTal]
    #7448125 - 09/24/07 03:34 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

please let me know

--------------------
hmm...

My Trade List

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #8093397 - 03/02/08 11:27 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

I recently bought a vaporwarez vaporizer for my cannabis, but I recently tried putting some DMT in it with some weed to keep in place. It worked wonders, I used the same dose I had tried smoking before and two people got the same effect! We had been smoking syrian rue seeds before hand but i don't think they had too much effect because I later extracted them and from what I had to smoke to get an effect from the extract was way more than the seeds we had smoked.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

OfflineSaintDunsmere
Novice
Female

Loc: Oregon
Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: Cannashroom]
    #8093445 - 03/02/08 11:44 AM (16 years, 30 days ago)

If you use DMT through a volcano I hear that it will never smell the same.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: SaintDunsmere]
    #8093533 - 03/02/08 12:12 PM (16 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

SaintDunsmere said:
If you use DMT through a volcano I hear that it will never smell the same.

yup, the dmt smell sticks.... a LONG time...

the vapor bro type vaps are less vulnerable to this, but it still happens to some degree

dmt freeebase has a pretty low boiling point
Quote:

Erowid
NAME : N,N-Dimethyltryptamine
CHEMICAL NAME : N,N-Dimethyl-1H-indole-3-ethanamine
ALTERNATE CHEMICAL NAMES : 3-[2-(dimethylamino)ethyl]indole, DMT
CHEMICAL FORMULA C12H16N2
MOLECULAR WEIGHT 188.27
MELTING POINT 44.6-46.8°C (116°F) (crystals) see below
BOILING POINT 60-80°C (crystals) see below
From the Merck Index 12th Edition

i think itd be best to make a light bulb vap, or brew some ayahuasca, as you wont ruin your precious $600 piece of machinery, and alter the taste of every bowl of weed u smoke out of it

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8097836 - 03/03/08 02:21 PM (16 years, 29 days ago)

I just rediscovered this thread-- and I'm glad you reminded me about it-- I never did try spice through my vapo-- but thanks for the reminder-- I've been in a spicy mood lately, and just might have to make some time this week to take the plunge:)

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: coAsTal]
    #8097919 - 03/03/08 02:39 PM (16 years, 29 days ago)

I would just throw in a tiny bit of bud and pump up the temp to the highest.. it will stink up the volcano though

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: danlennon3]
    #8099973 - 03/03/08 10:52 PM (16 years, 29 days ago)

heres a cheap way i found to get the most out of your dmt. i found it difficult to smoke dmt out of a crack or meth pipe.

i took a 1 liter pepsi bottle and cut the bottom off. fit tin foil around the bottom, and made an indention in the middle of the foil, to place the dmt. make a little bowl so when you vap it from the bottom it turns to liquid and stays right where it is. youll get everything you can from what you have. dmt runs away from the heat source once in the liquid state, making it a bitch to smoke certain ways.

keep the cap on top of the bottle, loose but on a little. put a carb in the side somewhere near the middle.

im fucked up and cant explain much more. use your imagination with the info i provided. its the best way ive found to smoke it.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

#8100273 - 03/04/08 12:51 AM (16 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Cannashroom said:
I recently bought a vaporwarez vaporizer for my cannabis, but I recently tried putting some DMT in it with some weed to keep in place. It worked wonders, I used the same dose I had tried smoking before and two people got the same effect! We had been smoking syrian rue seeds before hand but i don't think they had too much effect because I later extracted them and from what I had to smoke to get an effect from the extract was way more than the seeds we had smoked.

Did this leave much of an aftertaste in your vape? And was it less harsh than a light bulb?

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: Ophanim]
    #8101016 - 03/04/08 10:09 AM (16 years, 28 days ago)

I have never tried a light bulb since I have only smoked dmt a few times. My friend tried it in a test tube vape, which is the same thing essentially and it got burnt. I found that it didn't leave a difference in the vape taste after a few uses with weed (first ones tasted kinda funny but all good after that). I also recently cleaned my vape bowl with iso and salt, which took all the taste (including weed) out.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#8101059 - 03/04/08 10:30 AM (16 years, 28 days ago)

If it's boiling point is 60C, then would having a setup like this work?

1: That's boiling water
2: That's your spice

Now, I know spice has this habit of flooring people, so being near a heat source and boiling water when flipping out is not necessarily good, but fortunately I have lots and lots of piping so I could make the thing nice and safe. Using water as a buffer so It wouldn't reach the combustion temperature, but would vaporise. I assume the boiling point is when the substance turns into a vapour?

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8101097 - 03/04/08 10:48 AM (16 years, 28 days ago)

It's boiling point can be higher than 60, there's a lot of variability.

The major problem with that setup is how long it's going to take to vaporize all the DMT, the heat tranfer just won't be very efficient without a large enough temperature (like a flame) to make it so. With DMT, how quickly you inhale it all is just as important as how much you smoke.

If you're patient, and it can get all the spice into the vapor phase without losing any out that hole, then this would work, but I think you'd need to have a condensor-style cooling system for that to work. But if you've got a tort laying around, it's probably worth a shot.

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8109691 - 03/06/08 03:47 AM (16 years, 26 days ago)

It seems like it would be especially viable through a vaporbros-style vape (as mentioned earlier) if you used an herb to hold it in place that had a higher vaping temp than weed.

Salvia, for instance, vapes at max temp, whereas weed will ignite at that temperature. Obviously you probably wouldn't want to use salvia to hold your dmt in place though :thumbdown:

OfflineEndlessness
Nexus Refugee

#8110001 - 03/06/08 07:11 AM (16 years, 26 days ago)

what has been working for SWIM so far is to just make an improvised bong made out of a small water bottle, making a hole in it, sticking the head of a metal pipe and making another ´carburating hole´ on the side.

so just burn a cigarette and keep the ashes.. then put some ashes inside the metal head so the dmt wont run through the little metal screen when its heated. Then put the dmt. Then put some more ashes on top, since they will be a sort of buffer for the heat of the lighter.. Then just smoke it up like a bong, maybe keepign the lighter a bit further up isntead of with the flame too near.

A 50-60mg dose normally is 2 or 3 hits in such a sized bong (500ml water bottle). So just take first hit, hold the top of the bong closed with your hand so the rest of smoke there doesnt get lost, while you hold the smoke in your lungs until you can. Then light it up again and take the second hit, and if you can, third hit..

SWIM will post a pic of this improvised bong, but I guess its easy to understand.

the good thing about it is that you can easily transport the pipe head anywhere without being a problem (just have it clean and put together with some metal screws, equipment box or whatever), and the cigarrete and water bottle you can find anywhere...

Edited by Endlessness (03/06/08 07:14 AM)

InvisibleKilroyMilosevik
Swiss Ego
 User Gallery

Loc: Northwest of Nowhere
Re: DMT vaporizing [Re: Endlessness]
    #8110022 - 03/06/08 07:32 AM (16 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Endlessness Said:
what has been working for SWIM so far is to just make an improvised bong made out of a small water bottle, making a hole in it, sticking the head of a metal pipe and making another ´carburating hole´ on the side.

so just burn a cigarette and keep the ashes.. then put some ashes inside
the metal head so the dmt wont run through the little metal screen when its heated. Then put the dmt. Then put some more ashes on top, since they will be a sort of buffer for the heat of the lighter.. Then just smoke it up like a bong, maybe keepign the lighter a bit further up isntead of with the flame too near.

A 50-60mg dose normally is 2 or 3 hits in such a sized bong (500ml water bottle). So just take first hit, hold the top of the bong closed with your hand so the rest of smoke there doesnt get lost, while you hold the smoke in your lungs until you can. Then light it up again and take the second hit, and if you can, third hit..

SWIM will post a pic of this improvised bong, but I guess its easy to understand.

the good thing about it is that you can easily transport the pipe head anywhere without being a problem (just have it clean and put together with some metal screws, equipment box or whatever), and the cigarrete and water bottle you can find anywhere...

I used to make these back before I was old enough to buy real smoking devices... seems a little primitive considering the variety of other methods that can be performed with airtight confidence... :shrug:

This all sounds really excessive considering I've had many a breakthrough by simply placing a match head size amount of spice on top of a small marijuana morsel contained in a regular glass pipe. 

Smoke it like kif - don't let the flame touch; in fact, start slowly and steadily inhaling before you begin lowering the lighter to the pipe so you will have a good idea as to how far you are going to pull the flame so it doesn't touch.  I've had much success with the flame hovering about an inch from the pipe.

This is the easiest and seemingly most effective method for me.  I recommend that some of you considering elaborate smoking devices try this first.  I don't weigh out my doses, but I don't see any of the spice I probably waste during my sessions as a big deal, the experience is just too powerful to matter.

I've never even considered using a vape for spice... I can just imagine, a complete mess with a lot of lost spice.  I could be wrong...

--------------------
-The door.
-The door is closed.
-Why is the door closed?
        *Gasps*
-Why DOES the door close!?

Edited by KilroyMilosevik (03/06/08 07:49 AM)

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #8110156 - 03/06/08 08:52 AM (16 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Ophanim said:
Salvia, for instance, vapes at max temp, whereas weed will ignite at that temperature. Obviously you probably wouldn't want to use salvia to hold your dmt in place though :thumbdown:

actually, they will both ignite at about the same temperatures, what is burning is the cellulose and sugars in the plant material

if ur talking about using an herb that wont change the trip, lavender would be a really good candidate. the leaves have hairs that would catch and hold the liquid spice until u inhale, plus itd chage te flavor a little

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds