Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

Loc: Under a rock.
DMT overdose possible?
    #7445126 - 09/23/07 06:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I'v never tried DMT, but i really really want to try. I was thinking of using some tek on this site to extract some so i could have some to smoke with my buddies. The issue i have is that i want to start slowly, take one hit and see if im ready for the next step, and slowly increase the dose i take in at once. My friends on teh other hand like to start off hard, for their saftey i was wondering if its possible and deadly to overdose on DMT(smoked). Is so, then whats the limit? also will gradually increasing the doseage for myself be a good idea?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedirtworshipper
Sitting in the heart cave
Male User Gallery

Loc: at The Guru's lotus feet
Re: DMT overdose possible? [Re: Enhance_Shammy]
    #7445185 - 09/23/07 06:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

As far as I know (and ya know.. the further in you go, the bigger it gets :wink:), you cant overdose on DMT...

I've done rather large doses and it comes to a point where you can't physically smoke anymore... I don't see how it'd be possible to overdose on smoking it.

Maybe you could OD intravenously though

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: DMT overdose possible? [Re: dirtworshipper]
    #7445213 - 09/23/07 06:48 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i dont think you should be worried about that
if u want to start small i suggest smoking yopo seeds
altho most people say its mainly bufotenin and 5-meo-dmt
when i smoke it, it seems like a low dose dmt trip
everything gets brighter for sure
and if u want to start off small for ayahausca make yopo snuff
anyways gl exploring the superman of drugs

--------------------

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

Re: DMT overdose possible? [Re: Coaster]
    #7445234 - 09/23/07 06:54 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

thx for the info guys!! ill see if i can get some yopo seeds. If i cant by the time i finish extracting the DMT i will prolly take like half a hit and see where i go from there.

--------------------

Offlinedirtworshipper
Male User Gallery

#7445316 - 09/23/07 07:17 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

smoking small doses wasn't really helpful in "testing the waters" in my experience..

you just have to jump in
you can't just get your feet wet

the experience changes completely once you really do it
as opposed to only doing it a little

don't worry
you'll be fine

expect nothing, but accept

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7445365 - 09/23/07 07:28 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I seriously doubt it with smoking/vaping, but I'm sure you could OD with an iv/im/oral dosage

although, I have a feeling one would overdose (possible die) from anxiety or shock as opposed to toxicity

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlineenesi
On the Bus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erf
Re: DMT overdose possible? [Re: demiu5]
    #7445596 - 09/23/07 08:23 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I would start with a single large hit for your first time, just to see how it is and tastes and stuff.

Then for the next round...just smoke as much as you can, as fast as you can. Hold it in for 15-20 seconds and take another toke..keep going until you can't hold your pipe anymore, lol.

Breaking through to hyperspace is what DMT is about..the initial low doses "can" be disappointing if you are expecting a trip like what you've read about. Only until you breakthrough will you really see why DMT is held is such high regards.

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #7445692 - 09/23/07 08:49 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

starting off small can be a bad idea, it might scare you away instead. I know it sounds weird but thats how dmt works. I find low doses horrifying because your stuck at the point of ego death but u don't have enough juice to fall off the edge

--------------------

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

Re: DMT overdose possible? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #7446587 - 09/24/07 03:46 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

the reason i want to start off slow was because of my last psychedelic experience. I toke 8grams of amazonian cubes (5grams of mexicana cubes produced no visual effects for me and i wanted to enter a trip) the first 2 hours of the trip was going smooth, after that i had a terrible stomech ache, threw up all teh shrooms i ate and got an allergic reaction to the shrooms which made me feel like shit. i felt like shit and the trip was jsut getting more intense, i was stuck in a loop on thoughts about living and dying living and dying and it never ended and i kept asking why? why?. It was like i was stuck in a metal prison, and i couldent escape. When i started comming down i felt better, seeing mild distortions when out focusing my view while staring at some patterns. when iw as completly down i went and met up with my friends that noticed right away that my arms and hands were filled with red pigmintation, it is then that i noticed that too and we concluded that i was allergic to those shrooms.

If the trip was good i could have enjoyed the intensity. However now comming back to psychedelics im worried about entering that same state of a metal prison where im stuck with a never ending series of images and ideas and there is no escape!

I was also wondering about your state of mind during a DMT trip. In DMT:The spirit molecule the subjects report that their trips were like being sober and just seeing all this shit, is this true? i mean under shrooms my state of thought was so fucked up i couldent remember who i was and i thought i was in an alien body at some point.

--------------------

Offlineenesi
On the Bus
Male User Gallery

#7446669 - 09/24/07 05:44 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yes, more or less you remain to be "you"...but in a different world.

--------------------

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

Re: DMT overdose possible? [Re: enesi]
    #7446680 - 09/24/07 05:54 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:grin:I love your avatar so much its so funny:grin:

I think i will start off with 1 big hit, to get a feel of the smoke, taste, ect. and after that i will probably take as many hits as i can:crazy2:

--------------------

Edited by Enhance_Shammy (09/24/07 06:18 AM)

Offlinedirtworshipper
Male User Gallery

#7446916 - 09/24/07 08:38 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Every time I've blasted off, I usually lose the sense of "me" or "I".. to the point where I'm not even aware "I" (which has no meaning to "me" at that time anyway) have a body. I wouldn't say it's anything like being sober, but seeing hallucinations..

You won't regret blasting off

when you're returning to your body, you'll soon start forgetting what happened
it's very, very, very much like a dream. so fleeting in it's beauty.

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#7446986 - 09/24/07 09:04 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

DMT dramatically increases your heart rate and blood pressure. Significantly more than with MDMA, coke or meth though for shorter term. That's the biggest physical danger if you are not healthy.

Mentally you may find below break through doses to be worse than your shroom experience. At least they will be mercifully much shorter if you do. You can't really prepare your self for a full experience.

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

Re: DMT overdose possible? [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #7447088 - 09/24/07 09:45 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

So that means if i dont want to return to that "mental prison" i should take the biggest dose i can, and try to breakthrough? how likley is it to breakthrough first time tripping on DMT? what do i need to do to breakthrough while im on it? should i try to go into or see what "behind" the colors and images?

--------------------

Offlinedirtworshipper
Male User Gallery

#7447126 - 09/24/07 09:57 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I think so.
Terrence McKenna said that he believed higher doses of psychedelics were safer, and I have to say that I agree with that.. usually.

I've given people DMT and had them breakthrough their first time.
I personally didn't.

To breakthrough.. just smoke until you can't smoke anymore.
That's all. You can try to guide yourself.. but it does a damn good job of taking "you" where "It" wants "you" to go.. and showing "you" what "It" wants "you" to see.
:grin:

--------------------

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

#7447160 - 09/24/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

lol

I just hope the smoke is easier to take in then marijuana smoke. I mean for me i find it hard to take in large amounts of marijuana smoke only because it really irritates and hurts my throat. I wouldent want to start my first DMT session trying to inhale large amounts of DMT smoke and coughing them out or taking them little by little only because my throat physically hurts.

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#7447177 - 09/24/07 10:13 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I find the smoke to be a lot more harsh than weed.

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

#7447188 - 09/24/07 10:21 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

so i guess i should start smoking cigarrettes so i can burn my throat and feel no pain once DMT comes into my life;)

i prefer smoking weed from a bong then from a joint, i dont know why but from a bong i can take more in at once. Maby because the smoke cools off a bit, maby because it goes down smoother...who knows. Will it matter if i smoke DMT from a pipe or from a bong? how about an ice bong?

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

#7447204 - 09/24/07 10:29 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've never tried smoking dmt in a bong. You don't want to burn the dmt so much as heat it and inhale the vapors.

Offlinedirtworshipper
Male User Gallery

#7447270 - 09/24/07 10:57 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:lol: I wouldn't suggest picking up smoking cigarettes as a way to get your lungs ready for DMT.

I've found that you CAN smoke it out of a water bong or water pipe, but you might lose a little bit..

Certainly the most effective way is to vaporize it in a glass pipe (like a *shudders* meth/crack pipe), but I also found this to be the harshest way.

The way I prefer, is to lay the spice on top of a tiny bit of ash in a regular piece (like you'd smoke herb out of). Hold the lighter well above the spice, never letting it touch. The DMT will melt into the ash and then vaporize.. the first time I tried this way, I didn't realize that I had smoked the entire dose in the first lungful. Super smooth.

--------------------

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

#7447506 - 09/24/07 12:16 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

ah i see, so basically u melt the dmt with the tip of the flame so it will melt into the ash and THEN you start pulling? or do u start pullign while all this is happening?

also where should i get the ash? does it matter what type of ash or any will do just fine?

--------------------

Offlinedirtworshipper
Male User Gallery

#7447578 - 09/24/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I never let the lighter touch the spice
hold the flame above the DMT, as close as you can get it without it touching
I pull the entire time, but try not to get too much "plain air" in your lungs before the DMT vaporizes.. don't wanna waste space with oxygen!! :lol:

I always got the ash from cashed bowls of sinsemlla.
Any type of ash will work. All the ash does is provide a "screen" of sorts.

--------------------

Offlineenesi
On the Bus
Male User Gallery

#7447714 - 09/24/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

no doubt..dmt smoke is probably the harshest smoke you'll encounter, lol. it hurts, but you just have to man up and and hit it.

There are various ways to smoke it without using a freebase pipe. Lots of people prefer to sandwich it in with some mint leaves. And stick a ton of screens underneath it all.

You don't want to use any type of water bong at all. The DMT vapor will condense and you will waste a ton of spice that way.

Remember, you don't "BURN" dmt..you vaporize it. there is a difference.

--------------------

OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

#7447744 - 09/24/07 01:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

ok well thank you very much, all of you guys are great!

very informative and very friendly! i think ill stick around these forums longer then i intended :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #7447917 - 09/24/07 02:31 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It's not harsh at all if it's truly clean spice--
my stuff is white/clear crystal, and it's a creamy, almost sweet taste (in that absolutely unmistakable, uniquely synthetic, almost plastic kinda way).

If it's harsh enough that you're burning yourself with it I suspect it's because you are over-heating it and burning it- those acidic fumes do burn going down, and won't get you any higher than the creamy vaporized stuff...

Practice.
Patience.
Hyperspace.

MMmmmmmmmm :smile:

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlinealchemist smurf
Starter :P
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT overdose possible? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #14826571 - 07/26/11 09:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah man i totally feel you!!!! :O lol

OfflineDr.truthseeker
Stranger
    #17284262 - 11/26/12 11:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

to vaporize the best take a glass tube. afoaf pulls the bowl out of his waterpipe. then he stuffs a piece of stainless steel chore boy dish scrubbing pad in the hole about an inch down so the flame doesn't quite touch. put in a scoop and it vaporize perfectly. from what i understand done this way there is no harshness. and he has tried every method. try it you'll thank me;)

InvisibleFruitOfLife
Professional Package Handler

Re: DMT overdose possible? [Re: Dr.truthseeker]
    #17285082 - 11/26/12 02:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr.truthseeker said:
to vaporize the best take a glass tube. afoaf pulls the bowl out of his waterpipe. then he stuffs a piece of stainless steel chore boy dish scrubbing pad in the hole about an inch down so the flame doesn't quite touch. put in a scoop and it vaporize perfectly. from what i understand done this way there is no harshness. and he has tried every method. try it you'll thank me;)

Since you're new I dont know if you know this but this thread is 5 years old

--------------------

OfflineHoe
Stranger
    #18031308 - 03/30/13 12:41 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Well I did it with my friend. He smoked it first and hit it 3 times pretty softly. I hit it 5 times,pretty hard, and the person that supplied me with it told me that it will help you break through if you don't hold the smoke in.. Just hit it and as soon as your lungs are full, breath out and hit it again about 5 times.  And I definitely broke through, but my friend didn't. He laid back and just started giggling and mumbling and laughing. I laid back and looked at the spinning fan. I felt like I was in an entirely different world. The fan stopped spinning at once. It didn't take time to slow down just STOPPED. IMMEDIATELY. The metal parts holding each blade of the fan ripped off of the blade and were coming at me. I sat up quickly and looked at my friend. He literally looked like an alien.I had never seen anything like this in my life. He was dark green, with these maroon lumps on his forehead. These hallucinations were so strong. I ran to the bathroom to throw up. I puked into the toilet and my puke is in the toilet, BUBBLING. like its sitting there boiling in the toilet. I knew it was a hallucination and I was pretty impressed with how calm I was with what I was seeing. The guy I got it from said my puking could have been from the Molly I was on for the first time that night as well as the DMT. My other friend walks in the bathroom to check on me, His face was formed differently. Like he had looked like a horse/gorilla bone structure? His nose was wide and square. and his eyes far back on his face. He sat down beside the toilette and I as did I and I went to flush the toilet and there  was such detailed pattern in my vomit. It looked so intricate and detailed. I look at the floor of the bathroom it looks as though it has sheer glass over top and the white and brown plastic tiles started mixing together like milk underneath of the shear glass. My fingers didn't seem like I had the right amount I looked like I had more than I should, but I always counted ten. It was mind baffling. It lasted maybe fifteen minutes, and there was so much stuff that happened, and I love telling people about it because most the time my friends wont believe me when I tell them. But I could care less, I know what I saw. I experienced it. Try it, and breakthrough then see what happens. I would love to do it again. Its so incredible. I did feel like I was in a different reality for a long time. I looked at the whole world differently. But I would do it again.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate