Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

meditation, third eye, and the bible...
    #744071 - 07/13/02 04:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Luke 17:21
The Kingdom of God is within you

Matthew 6:22
The light of the body is the eye. If therefore thine eye be single they whole body shall be full of light.

Matthew4:16
The people which sat in darkness saw great light

Genesis 32:30
Jacob calls the place where he sees God face to face Peniel.

Psalms 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go. I will guide you with my eye.

crazy stuff to read: http://www.hiddenmeanings.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: meditation, third eye, and the bible... [Re: Smack31]
    #744134 - 07/13/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

interesting

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #744137 - 07/13/02 05:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

and, after further examination, some what horrifying.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #744176 - 07/13/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

....open up your third eye...black helicopters in the sky!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
Re: meditation, third eye, and the bible... [Re: phrozendata]
    #744344 - 07/13/02 07:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

the kingdom of god is within...

all we have to do is conquer it, it is being held by king ego, we have to reclaim what is righfully ours!

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #744551 - 07/13/02 10:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have seen the "Eye of God" a few times... sometimes with a triangle around it. It felt like the ever-watching "eye of the universe" at the time. It was preceded by colerful closed eye visuals of twin serpents slithering around each other like a DNA helix. I wasn't too familiar with what the one eye was supposed to represent back then, but now I think it was a third eye opening.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #744603 - 07/13/02 11:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, great post...thanks!

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

#745178 - 07/14/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Opening of the Third Eye
Artist Mihran K. Serailian

This painting of the head of Minerva shows, in part, the activities of the pineal gland and the pituitary body at the time of the phenomenon commonly termed "the opening of the Third Eye." The Kundalini fire is seen rising upward through the spinal canal into the pons of the medulla oblongata. The golden light radiating from the base of the brain, at the back, gradually increases in size and intensity until it forms the nimbus, or halo, of the saint. The pituitary body is here shown surrounded by an elliptic rose aura. The pineal gland - the Third Eye of the Mysteries - is here depicted as blue in color and surrounded by a radiating blue aura. In reality, however, this aura includes within itself all the colors of the spectrum, but blue decidedly predominates. The tiny vibrating finger on the pineal gland points directly toward the pituitary body. This finger, vibrating at a very high rate of speed, is the actual cause of true spiritual illumination.

--------------------
look buddy,,

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

Re: meditation, third eye, and the bible... [Re: TrippeeChik]
    #745189 - 07/14/02 09:35 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

That was way cool... thanks trippee!

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

#745249 - 07/14/02 10:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
look buddy,,

Edited by TrippeeChik (07/15/02 01:20 PM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#745302 - 07/14/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Very cool picture.
I searched the link (thanks, by the way) but found no reference or meaning to the small snake at the top of the picture. Is it kundalini energy?

--------------------

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: meditation, third eye, and the bible... [Re: Adamist]
    #745309 - 07/14/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Raising Kundalini

Raising Kundalini is the process of unleashing latent energy hidden within the human nervous system. As we have evolved from a primarily physically motivated animal to a mentally motivated animal, we have lost much of our physical strength and capacity for endurance. It could be that the strength and endurance of our cave-dwelling ancestors still lies locked within our central nervous system (namely, the brain and spinal cord) in the form of potential energy.

Kundalini is symbolized by a snake coiled three-and-a-half times

This symbology of the snake gives us the secret implications of kundalini.

The snake has been a sexual symbol from time immemorial, and this tells us that kundalini is intimately connected with the sexual expression of humanity. Indeed, sexual activity springs from the stream of kundalini force and is the most concrete example we have of a latent energy lying within us that has far reaching effects in our life. The orgasm of sexual union is said to be similar to the trembling and bliss of kundalini rising.

This connection between sexual activity and kundalini has led to the development of two distinct schools of thought. The Tantra school teaches the rise and release of kundalini by using the physical act of intercourse as a channel for this energy to express itself. The Yoga school teaches that sexual activity should be curtailed (Brahmacharya), thus suppressing kundalini until the pressure becomes sufficiently strong for kundalini energy to force itself into arousal. Both schools of thought have half the key in their respective viewpoints, and the result has been that both schools have thoroughly confused Westerners who have taken to practising the exercises prescribed by each tradition.

The snake is always shown as coiled. This coiling of a snake is preparation for striking out, and it is in just such a manner that kundalini lies within us, compressed like a spring, ready to change from potential static energy into kinetic manifestations under the proper conditions. The coil of three represents the three states of energy (positive, negative, and neutral), while the half coil represents kundalini as always on the verge of changing from static to kinetic manifestation.

It is taught in the East that just as the snake-charmer must first become immune to the poison of the snakes, so the student must be prepared for the shock of arousing kundalini.

The ancient Yogis obtained their remarkable knowledge of the human body largely through a process of introspection. By Raja Yoga they became so intensely aware of themselves that they internally felt, rather than saw, the major blood vessels, nerves and organs.

Kundalini is stored at the base of the spine in the egg-shaped Kanda, from which is said to emanate 72,000 psychic nerves. The object is to arouse the fire of kundalini so she ascends, awakening various vital centers (chakras) situated along the way, and finally uniting with the top center, Sahasrara, where a union takes place between Kundalini Shakti (feminine receptive) and Shiva Shakta (masculine projective).

This concept may be taken as either symbolic or literal. Each chakra, or psychic center, as it is touched by the ever climbing flame of Kundalini, has the particular God and Goddess dwelling within consummate. This is the story of the union between the solar (logic) and lunar (emotion) aspects in our life, which takes place upon the ascent into spiritual consciousness.

got it from Raising Kundalini

--------------------
look buddy,,

Edited by TrippeeChik (07/14/02 01:38 PM)

Offlinellib
journeyman
Loc: florida
    #745332 - 07/14/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i find this third eye very interesting as well as its symbolic representation of the kudalini enlightenement. the Pineal gland is a small portion of our brain directly behind the optic nerve that contributes along with other parts, hypothalamus ect to the intiation of sleep. Serotonin levels, or their fluxes help to induce sleep. Durinf REM sleep, we dream yet are paralyezd. During deep sleep we can sleep wlak but dont dream. there are pre REm areas which may correspond with lucid dreaming. i was in a motor cycle accident and was put on Ultram, which is a selective serotinergic uptake inhibitor which , i believe attache sto serotonin receptors that are either attached to or near the opiate receptors. i had took take this medication for some time. i had periods of time where ZI thought i was in pre-rem sleep all night and periods of time i thought i was in rem sleep. i never felt that I reached a deep sleep state. This lucid dreaming type experience appears to me to be soemthing akin to reaching a deep meditative state, by descritpion, because I have never meditated. What is a good link for reading more about the kudalini

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: meditation, third eye, and the bible... [Re: llib]
    #745345 - 07/14/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

this is another good link:
Kundalini Energy

--------------------
look buddy,,

Anonymous

#745355 - 07/14/02 11:31 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The pineal gland also apparently contains DMT in trace amounts. Strassman writes about this in his speculative work "DMT: The Spirit Molecule".

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: meditation, third eye, and the bible... [Re: ]
    #745371 - 07/14/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Doesn't the pineal gland contain more DMT in a child?

--------------------

Offlinellib
journeyman
Re: meditation, third eye, and the bible... [Re: ]
    #745421 - 07/14/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I am not familiar with DMT, what is it? I have heard of it being used as a drug. Any enlightenment would be appreciated

Offlinellib
journeyman
Re: meditation, third eye, and the bible... [Re: Adamist]
    #745599 - 07/14/02 01:59 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Dont know if you got my post on teh illuminati
but the eye in the capstone is the illuminati's symbol
on the back of older one dollar bills, the all-seeing eye was encased in a capstone but separated by the lower portion of the pyramid which symbolized that the small group of people, bilderberger group, the trilateral commissiona nd teh council on foreign affairs, controlled teh 33 degrees of freemasonry, but were disparate from it.

If you follow the illuminati bloodlines way back, some follow these groups back to relations with roman emperors, egyptian pharoahs, the greeek minoatians, the babylian phoenicians.

some follow it even farther, this gets a bit 'fringe", their ancestors they feel are to be from the star sirius. there are 3 stars in teh sirius system, a,b,c. Only two are visible to the naked eye.

There is a tribe in nortehrn africa, just south of timbuktu that believes its ancestors came from the surius star sytem. the sirius star sytem they have held the belief has 3 stars. This is found in their fables that go way back. the 3rd star was not proven until modern day telescopes that it existed.

Following their bloodline , some believe that the minoatians migrated from the area of noah's ark to crete then to nortehrn africa and made their way to the rea of timbuktu. That is only a partial emigration of the minotians. The phoenicians were said to have traveled greatly.

there was an earlier post about the megalithic structures found in the andes and teh pyramids. What is very interesting is that there are boats, nordic like found buried under some of the pyramids 140 ft in length. The exact sahpe of these boats is not only found in the viking culture but these boats are exactly like those used in the high lakes of the andes mountains

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: meditation, third eye, and the bible... [Re: llib]
    #746920 - 07/14/02 11:50 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I read at erowid and other places that small amounts of 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DiPT (natural hallucinogens) can be found at some peoples nervous system and i mean by natural ocurrence and without consuming any substance, born doped i guess.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #747100 - 07/15/02 03:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting illustration!
I'd like to comment that the energy movements found in the Kundalini tradition, or the gTummo (Inner Fire) tradition in Tibetan Buddhism, is sometimes 'anticipated' by meditation techniques. For example, I was given a little book written by a Thai Theravadin Buddhist called 'Keeping the Breath in Mind: Lessons in Samadhi' by Ajaan Lee Dhammadharo. In this, there is a meditation that moves breath (and mind that attends to breath) through "bases." 1st base - the tip of the nose; 2nd base - the forehead (one moves the breath between these bases 7 times); 3rd base - middle of the top of the head (again, one moves the 'breath' betwen 2nd and 3rd base 3 times); 4th base - the middle of the brain (move between 3rd and 4th base and allowing it to settle in the middle of the brain) at which point certain signs may appear called 'nimitta' (hot or cold, tingling sensations, vapor, seeing the inside of one's skull). A bright white nimitta is useful, so one looks for this white energy or light and takes it to the 5th base - the center of the chest. "once it is firmly settled, let it spread out to fill the chest. Make this breath as white and bright as possible, and then let both the breath and the light spread throughout the body, out to every pore..."

When Sri Chinmoy was asked what the relationship was between the Third Eye and the Heart Center, he said "[T]hose who are very wise feel that the third eye is also the heart, for what else is the heart except that which gives us satisfaction? And what can give us satisfaction? Only Light! So if Light from the Third Eye gives us satisfaction, then naturally we are dealing with the heart's quality...Like this the the heart and the third eye go together. Like Purusha and Prakriti, God as Father and God as Mother, the third eye and the heart go together." - 'Kundalini: The Mother Power'

I've elaborated here because there is often confusion between systems that stress the Head Center[s], and those that stress the Heart Center. Sri Ramana Maharishi made a case for the Heart Center (not the Anahata Heart Chakra, but the deeper Hridayam, or Heart Cave [Sacred Heart]) as being the support for the Head and spinal lotuses.

Lastly, I would say that these energetic movements definitely have their physiological correlates, but those correlates are not necessarily the cause of Illumination. All levels occur concurrently, and many would say is a result of God's grace as a First Cause. Shalom. Salaam. Shanti.

P.S. - I like your signature. Percey Bysshe Shelly, I believe.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (07/15/02 03:52 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale