Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHankHill
Stranger
Almost ready to birth jars?
    #7435971 - 09/21/07 10:25 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I have one jar that is fully colonized and 2 or 3 that are close to being fully colonized.

Within 4-5 days I belive they should all be ready.

The issue is that these jars to an extent stalled and only 2 of them were really even considerably close to being done.

I flipped all my jars and they have all mainstreamed to an extent that they are all within roughly 75-95% colonization now.

I was just reading in another thread that if one flips the jars, then turns them right-side up again they run the risk of contamination by letting the dry vermiculite slide down to the bottom.

Is this so?

If so, should I immediately birth the cake that is ready, rather than waiting for it to pin?

Should I birth the other one that is very very close and just take the uncolonized verm off of it? It is about 97% or so done.

I am not sure which ones I turned right-side up again, I was curious about whether they should go that way now that the bottoms have colonized better, but decided to put them back upside-down within seconds of having them upwards.

Is this too meticulous?

I see some people saying that one ought to boil the water they use for soaking, but in the RR video this is not done, he simply rinses with tapwater and soaks in tapwater.

all the cakes are at the absolute end of week 3 and flipping has done monumental success for the ones who lagged behind due to running out of spore solution and only giving weak inoculations on some of them.

has flipping putting them in any appreciable risk that warrants birthing ASAP or ought i just wait for pins?

I very much appreciate the knowledge and help given by this community.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags