Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Potland, OR
I get this weird bug
    #7422778 - 09/18/07 09:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I get this weird bug every time I let my laptop "fall asleep" while I'm still logged in. It tells me that I need to log in again, but it shows me as being logged in. It also displays someone else's friends list and favorite topics. It *always* says that I have 55 personal messages, while I have nowhere near this amount in my real account. When this happens, I cannot make posts or do many of the things I would normally need to be signed in to do. If I close my browser, I can log out and then restart Firefox and log back in. This is somewhat frustrating because my wife and I share a computer right now (I broke hers), and we leave each other's browser windows open. If I want to log out and log back into the shroomery, I have to close her browser window, destroying the work she has open.
I made a composite picture from 3 screenshots so you can see the whole window.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon. It doesn't stop me in my tracks, but it sure is annoying - and has been happening for about a month now.

--------------------
All posts were channeled through the user by typing the thoughts of telepathic beings.  All photos are of paranormal origin and do not represent the physical world, as we know it.  BrandNoob shall not be held accountable for the actions of deceased or hyperdimensional individuals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

Re: I get this weird bug [Re: BrandNoob]
    #7422824 - 09/18/07 09:19 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Let me take a guess. You are on a school server, or public / hijacked wireless signal such as a router?

--------------------

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
    #7423051 - 09/18/07 10:39 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Lol sounds like security isnt a factor for you

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Re: I get this weird bug [Re: rodfarva]
    #7423073 - 09/18/07 10:45 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

No, I'm on a DSL connection in my house. No wireless. What's up with the hostility? My wife knows what's going on - hell she helped instigate it, so there's no security risk unless someone breaks into my house. But, occasionally, I will leave myself logged in while I'm doing other things (cooking breakfast, going to the bathroom, etc.) and my computer will have put itself to sleep. I don't want to have to log out my wife's Robobeasts account on my other Firefox window just to check my PMs on the Shroomery. Chill out, drink some coffee, smoke a bowl. Let the code-junkies help me with my problem. I bet other people have similar issues out there.

--------------------
All posts were channeled through the user by typing the thoughts of telepathic beings.  All photos are of paranormal origin and do not represent the physical world, as we know it.  BrandNoob shall not be held accountable for the actions of deceased or hyperdimensional individuals.

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#7423139 - 09/18/07 11:01 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

No the problem was, it looked like you were on a network like a school network or wireless conection, because it LOOKED like someone else was going on shroomery on the same connection as you.

Offlinerodfarva
Male

Re: I get this weird bug [Re: implee]
    #7423169 - 09/18/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, and im not being hostile, i was asking critical information that could confirm or rule out a likely situation. If i think of anything else ill let you know.

--------------------

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Re: I get this weird bug [Re: implee]
    #7423179 - 09/18/07 11:11 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, but the problem corrects itself when I close my browser and restart it. If you notice, it won't even give me the option of logging out. Only logging in, or creating a new account. It displays the correct user name - but the PMs, friends and favorite topics displayed are not mine. They are someone else's.

It always shows the exact same display, and it has been happening for the entire time I've been registered. It doesn't happen on any other computers, because I'm never on long enough (especially AFK) for it to happen. I don't believe it to be a problem of my browser, because I clear my cache every time I close the browser - yet it always pulls up the same data from the shroomery when the bug occurs.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

--------------------

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Re: I get this weird bug [Re: rodfarva]
    #7423206 - 09/18/07 11:15 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry, quick reply is complicated.  Implee was being hostile, but he's a cool guy, so I won't hold it against him. 

You were taking a guess, and the _informational_ content of my reply was intended for you.  You're cool too, even if you *are* sober :wink:

Sorry if I seemed snappy.  Any help is appreciated.

--------------------

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#7423314 - 09/18/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Haha i was just jokeing, ive had that problem months ago... But not now... I dunno... I dont remember what i did, didnt mean to sound rude sorry :smile:

Offlinerodfarva
Male

#7423337 - 09/18/07 11:44 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Ive updated my mood to somthing more fitting for today :p

Heres a far fetched idea, but dsl connections ive decided are the crack to what is pure white blow of cable. ( i hate sbc, and if you pay for the 1mbs speed your in even worse shape ) I would venture to say your modem has created an ip that matches that of another shroomery member. i have emailed a friend in chicago who works for a cable provider to confirm or elaborate on this hypothisis. If it is the case its either poor programing / mass produced hardware, or the same odds as winning the power ball twice in a row.

coarse of action: first see if you can pm the other guy and get his ip, it is undoubtably logged on this site, but there nice here and i dont feel like extracting it through not so nice computering.see if you can match it with your modems ip. If i remeber corectly the computer and modem with both send differnt ip addresses, and the modem may be varible so if it automaticly renews to a backup ip for whatever reason this may cause the change.

now lets say you live near each other, perhaps your sharing the same regional recorses, im not sure if this is possible, but is a theory as well. At my old place it was very easy for me to go outside and open up the DSL hub and do what i needed to do in there. (not that i would do anything illegal.) perhaps you are being piggybacked by this guy? dont blow his cover lol...

Do this too :

google ATF cleaner .
go to the site (first result)
download and run the utility.
check 'select all' and click the button.
see if the problem goes away.

You may also have a virus or more likely a trojan. if you get a trojan that can take over your net connection for spaming or whatever it may link you to other people that have the same trojan.

run current antivirus protection like Avast (free)
run windows defender if your on MS
and google Hijackthis! and run that, then copy and paste the log file into there comunity reader on there site. it will show you security ratings for anything suspicious on your computer.

report back after scaning with these and i can offer something differnt.
ps. i dont like posting links

--------------------

InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
Self-SacrificingPotency Tester
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #7423423 - 09/18/07 12:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BrandNoob said:
Let the code-junkies help me with my problem. I bet other people have similar issues out there.

I'm thinking that's not a code problem, but an issue on your end homes.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7423424 - 09/18/07 12:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I get the same bug sometimes, I was just too lazy to make up a proper bug report.

To remedy it I go to http://www.shroomery.org/forums/mycookies.php and hit 'expire cookies' twice, and then it's okay for a while.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #7423581 - 09/18/07 12:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds like you're leaving your computer idle for more than six hours and your session is timing out. I bumped the session expiration up to 24 hours but you'll still encounter this problem if you exceed that timeframe. Let me know if this doesn't help.

-Y

Offlinerodfarva
Male

Re: I get this weird bug [Re: Ythan]
    #7424510 - 09/18/07 04:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

now im sorry i worte all that.

--------------------

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: I get this weird bug [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7425102 - 09/18/07 06:54 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i also get this sometimes, but it's very very rare. doesn't bother me though. i'll usually just close my browser and then reopen it and it's all fixed and i log in again. not a big deal, i don't think.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Re: I get this weird bug [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #7425643 - 09/18/07 08:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Ythan and everyone else.

I just got home from work and read all your great responses.

I will certainly try the "clearing the cookies" trick.

As I said before, it's not a *huge* problem, just a slightly annoying one.

And Implee - you're still alright in my book, don't worry :thumbup:

I figured some other people had experienced it - thanks for all of your help!

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#7428251 - 09/19/07 01:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Clearing the cookies should work, i run into this problem all the time when im logged in at home, close the screen, and then try to log in somewhere else.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Re: I get this weird bug [Re: coda]
    #7432782 - 09/20/07 03:00 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Clearing the cookies should work, i run into this problem all the time when im logged in at home, close the screen, and then try to log in somewhere else.

Yup, this was the problem. Expiring the cookies is the solution. Congratulations, WhiskeyClone and Coda, you tracked it down. What you win is my undying gratitude and thanks!

--------------------

Edited by BrandNoob (09/20/07 03:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder