Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Newbie at shrooms GRoWing.
    #74322 - 02/13/00 08:34 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

You'll be sterilizing the jar lids after you put holes in them, so you don't need to be sterile when making the holes.

Cakes rarely contaminate once birth (assume they are fully colonized) as they are pretty tough. If you think one is contaminated, it should be removed without disturbing the mold/allowing mold spores to spread. But its unlikely that will happen, more likely you'd accidentally toss a good cake.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#74324 - 02/14/00 10:46 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Shinra, I would shop else where. I havn't heard any bad news about Magicmushrooms but I have seen their prices...wow!! As a newbie if you plan on using the MMGG (which BTW is just fine for a newbie to use), you can get everything you need at your local hardware, and W-mart stores. I personal went to "SPORECHICKS" and bought their kit. I thought I needed it..well you don't. Great kit though! I still use it everytime. They give you everything you need but the P.cooker (presure cooker). I use my own version of the PF TEK (aka MMGG). I changed it alittle. As for contamination.....use a P.cooker. No need to burn the nail. Good Luck!!

------------------
If your not living on the edge....Then your taking up to much space.

Anonymous

#74325 - 02/13/00 11:16 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for both of your replies...

~nightcap

yea i have noticed that magicmushrooms' kits are really expensive but look at what they have to offer...one of those indoor greenhouse things.. and all this stuff ..
do i really need all that stuff??

since i never actually grown shrooms before and i dont' want take any chances of getting contaminations i thinking about buying their kit.

i also have seen the sporechick's kit $90..
how much shrooms can their kit contain because i want to make at least a couple of ounces...because i'm trying to slang

also i have read the MMGG and have noticed that they use a humidifier.. is that REALLY neccessary?? i dunno because i live in south california and it's pretty dry here...

thanks again!!!!!

Offlinetoad
journeyman
    #74326 - 02/14/00 12:01 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Nightcap, whats the address for spore chicks?

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #74327 - 02/14/00 12:18 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

Anonymous

#74328 - 02/14/00 12:23 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

you should go with hawk for your syringes www.thehawkseye.com/

he is super fast and has great quality plus he's a member here at the shroomery so if you have a question you can ask him

also don't buy a kit half the fun is doing everything yourself it's not that hard and all the stuff you need to do it your self is faily cheap i got started for around $30 (u.s.)

but most of all just be patient you souldn't have many problems if you don't try to rush it

genraly you won't have a cake become contaminated if you let it colonize completely before birthing it so if one becomes contaminated remove it from the terrarium and spray the terrarium with h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) and water for safteys sake but if you let them colonize completely this shouldn't be a problem.

------------------
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"

Sir. Twinkus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates