Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejeckel
Juggalo
Loc: Southwest, Louisiana
i just found these, ID help pls
    #742239 - 07/12/02 04:04 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ok here are some pics for yall. i found these either in old hay or in cow shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: i just found these, ID help pls [Re: jeckel]
    #742277 - 07/12/02 04:26 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: i just found these, ID help pls [Re: ]
    #742441 - 07/12/02 05:39 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Damn Mr. Mushrooms, you are on point
Nice to have folks like you around

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
Re: i just found these, ID help pls [Re: Gumby]
    #742481 - 07/12/02 05:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I was gonna say sphinctrinus for the first ones...but I guess they are pretty much they same thing. Good call on the conocybe as well, as for the other two...really hard to tell, agaricus maybe..but growing on dung...hmmm. Maybe some type of Stropharia...and the little shriveled one...no clue....yup the Greek is right, need to find out what spores prints can tell us.

Cheers

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

OfflinePsilocybeing
journeyman
Re: i just found these, ID help pls [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #743015 - 07/12/02 11:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

everyone always says they look for shrooms in cow feilds or they look on shit
well I live in BC( we have 18 psliocybe species)
and most shrooms I find are never on shit in fact thats where I dont have succses

--------------------
"The enormous gap between what US leaders do in the world and what Americans think their leaders are doing is one of the great propaganda accomplishments of the dominant political mythology. "

-- Michael Parenti, political scientist and author

Anonymous

Re: i just found these, ID help pls [Re: Gumby]
    #743084 - 07/13/02 02:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
Re: i just found these, ID help pls [Re: Psilocybeing]
    #743091 - 07/13/02 02:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Most of the BC species are wood loving...there are a few like merdaria..and copropholia etc. But most love the wood...or grasses.

Cheers

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #743256 - 07/13/02 06:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Using the second photo for reference, the upper left group appears to be Panaeolus campanulatus group (there are a number of very similar species very difficult to differentiate). The lower left group appears to be Conocybe, possibly C. tenera (Dr. O.K. Miller Jr. has told me a couple times that Conocybes cannot be identified to species without a microscope). The lower right mushroom looks like there is mold growing under the cap, and maybe it is another Panaeolus, but that would be nothing more that a wild guess. The upper right mushroom has conspicuously free gills, suggesting Agaricus. A spore print is necessary, and, assuming it is an Agaricus, identification to species would require at least the odor and bruising reaction of the mushroom.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
    #746743 - 07/14/02 09:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

All i can say is they aren't "magic shroom". I know cuz I've picked em all before.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies