Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemike3000
Petski
Male

About to order, could do with some advice please
    #7426928 - 09/19/07 04:54 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, I'm currently about to order a Rye pre-sterilized grow bag and a 10cc Cambodian strain spore syringe from magicplants.co.uk *****

When the bag is fully colonized it says:
" Cut the grow bag and place contents into the container. Spray with water, but don't drown it. Replace the lid and place under the bed or on top of a computer monitor. Within a week you should see pinheads forming. If you can see even a little condensation, don't bother respraying until you have picked them."

I am wondering:

1) Is it right for me to get a Rye grow bag or should i get the grain grow bag?

2) When it is fully colonized do i take the contents out of the bag and place it into the container or just cut the bag so there can be air exchange?

3) If i was to take the contents out of the bag would i need to have a layer of perlite in the bottom for moisture?

4) I live in the UK, i was wondering where i could get a decent alcohol based cleaning agent as i don't want to leave myself open for contamination, and i don't want to go overkill and destroy everything lol?

This is my first time attempting to cultivate so sorry if there quite noobie questions, I just wish the instructions on the website were more clear.

****Non Shroomery Vendors url removed****
-Roadkill

--------------------
If we are here to figure out the meaning of life,
then isn't the meaning of life to find out why we are here?
Causing our existence to be pointless!

Edited by Roadkill (09/19/07 05:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator

Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: mike3000]
    #7426964 - 09/19/07 05:40 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

as far as i know rye and grain are the same thing, but if your getting a grow bag i would get the rye. you can leave it in the bag it will fruit in the bag. if you want you can take it out and case it or use it as spawn with poo. If you go to www.mycopath.com they have 4lb rye bags on sale for $16.50, i'm not sure about that other site it looked like theirs were only 1 lb bags. If i were you i would order from one of the vendors they will treat you right. good luck.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: fallingaway24]
    #7427006 - 09/19/07 06:08 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

don't make the same mistake as many newbs and order from a random site... order from a sponsor they'll treat you right... prices are always good and the quality is amazing... personally i'd order a syringe form ralphsters and request a free strain of the month or order from sporeworks cause they always hook me up with freebies too.

mycopath which was suggested for rye is an excellent source for any and all substrate or casing needs.

http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #7427016 - 09/19/07 06:11 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Rye is a grain.

Rye is one of the best grains that you can use.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7427032 - 09/19/07 06:21 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

roadkill answered this well

2) When it is fully colonized do i take the contents out of the bag and place it into the container or just cut the bag so there can be air exchange?

i personally would pour it into a container and case it with 50/50+ (although some people have been having success with miracle grow moisture control lately... i haven't tried)

3) If i was to take the contents out of the bag would i need to have a layer of perlite in the bottom for moisture?

not on the bottom of that tub.. you'd put the container you poured the grain into and cased into a larger tub with 3-5 inches of damp perlite (not wet), you'd set your casing container on top of the perlite inside the bigger tub. you could also spawn to bulk if you wanted and do a couple mono tubs with a 4 lb rye bag and poo or coir.

4) I live in the UK, i was wondering where i could get a decent alcohol based cleaning agent as i don't want to leave myself open for contamination, and i don't want to go overkill and destroy everything lol?

I dunno what they've got in the UK, personally i just clean using normal cleaning agents then go over everything with bleach water right before working (about 10-20% bleach, if that)

This is my first time attempting to cultivate so sorry if there quite noobie questions, I just wish the instructions on the website were more clear.

while there are some more clear instructions. this forum isn't the place to find them, i'd suggest looking in the mushroom cultivation archive for more clear cut instructions or even look throughout the main site although anyone can submit stuff on the main site and some people submit bad info i'd trust the archive better... If you're serious about this hobby take your time and learn from everyone and use the search function, while its not always clear it's all here.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫

Edited by CosmicFunGuy (09/19/07 06:23 AM)

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #7427046 - 09/19/07 06:30 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

seems ohmatics monotub for grains would help you best in your situation.
NEVER order from random sites.

www.mycopath.com for grains and manure
www.ralphstersspores.com for spores
www.sporeworks.com for spores

both spore vendors i have used, both rock.

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
    #7427048 - 09/19/07 06:30 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mike3000 said:
Hey, I'm currently about to order a Rye pre-sterilized grow bag and a 10cc Cambodian strain spore syringe from magicplants.co.uk *****

I am wondering:

First:
A) Use Shroomery vendors. They're hand-picked, and they're generally pretty awesome--way better than mystery sites like the one you linked.

B) Read instructions on the site for help with fruiting.

Sorry to be curt, but I think these would be a much better starting point for you. If you've already got the bag, just research fruiting instructions. You should consider doing a basic casing; rye doesn't hold much moisture.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Offlinewutang
fungi
 User Gallery

Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7427056 - 09/19/07 06:34 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yes i remember seeing noobs who used sporelab or sporestore and they got water syringes no spores, that is IF they even get what they orderd

--------------------
:peyotespectrum:    :sanpedro: :rainbowdrink: :tripping:

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: jeetered]
    #7427101 - 09/19/07 07:01 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:
NEVER order from random sites.

:yesnod:

Offlinemike3000
Petski
Male

Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: Blutjager]
    #7427110 - 09/19/07 07:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to have a good look at the sites you all provided and take it from there :grin:

--------------------
If we are here to figure out the meaning of life,
then isn't the meaning of life to find out why we are here?
Causing our existence to be pointless!

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7427120 - 09/19/07 07:16 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

if you order from ralphs be sure to ask for free strain of the month (just fill in the second order spot choosing SOTM and $0 for price) make sure you visit http://www.ralphstersspores.com/
not ralphster.com or ralphsterspores.com, both are scams trying to rip off people using ralphs good name

if you order from sporeworks you'll likely just get hooked up with some freebies (happens to me everytime)

if you order at mycopath enter shroomery in the coupon code box for 10% off...

--------------------

Offlinewutang
fungi
 User Gallery

Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #7427130 - 09/19/07 07:21 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

ralphsters kicks ass man :love::snowman:

--------------------
:peyotespectrum:    :sanpedro: :rainbowdrink: :tripping:

Offlinepummel
Stranger
Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: wutang]
    #7427371 - 09/19/07 09:36 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

ya take it from another newb who ordered from a non sponsor site then found this one. I got a water syringe for 30 usd but hey at least I have an extra syringe now.

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: pummel]
    #7430148 - 09/19/07 09:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

That's an expensive syringe. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinexhooliganx
Munky
Male User Gallery

Loc: reno, nevada
Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7430273 - 09/19/07 10:05 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

you should get pints from the free spore exchang europe. i'm sure there is at least one shroomery sponser that is from the uk that could take care of you. I don't know how hard it is to get a hold of rye gain in the uk, but you'd probably have better luck with wbs. if you stay on the forum and get enough posts to go to the market place there's always the free print thread.

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: About to order, could do with some advice please [Re: wutang]
    #7430578 - 09/19/07 11:19 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wutang said:
yes i remember seeing noobs who used sporelab or sporestore and they got water syringes no spores, that is IF they even get what they orderd

Hear, is a good link with info from Mycotopia about sporelab..

http://forums.mycotopia.net/front-page-news/25960-doh-canada__sporelab-sponsorship-suspended-september.html

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order