Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Beer soaked cardboard [Re: mattch1]
    #2233024 - 01/10/04 10:18 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i thought cardboard had nutrients in it, it is just mashed up trees isnt it?

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Beer soaked cardboard [Re: amyloid]
    #2236092 - 01/12/04 01:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Cardboard is supposed to be nutrient only for primary decomposers. I added beer because cubes are secondary decomposers and I thought they wouldn't grow only on soaked cardboard, but I after some time I saw that cubes grow on almost everything. Someone (I think that it was Joshua) fruited them on sawdust.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Beer soaked cardboard [Re: zeronio]
    #2238022 - 01/12/04 09:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

STAMETS, PAUL; CHILTON, J S
Growing Parameters for Psilocybe cubensis (5)
The Mushroom Cultivator: A Practical Guide to Growing Mushrooms at Home; Agarikon Press, Olympia WA; Chapter IX, p 196-203

COMMENTS: One of the easiest mushrooms to grow, this species fruits on a wide variety of substrates within broad environmental parameters. As a primary and secondary decomposer, Psilocybe cubensis fruits well on untreated pasteurized straw and on horse manure/straw composts transformed by microbial activity. Sterilized grain typically produces smaller mushrooms than bulk substrates. Given the numerous substrates that support fruitings, Psilocybe cubensis is well suited for home cultivation. Psilocybe cubensis cultivation was unheard of twenty years ago. Today, this species ranks among one of the most commonly cultivated mushrooms in the US and soon the world. This sudden escalation in interest is largely due to the publication of several popular guides illustrating techniques for its culture. Psilocybe cubensis is a mushroom with psychoactive properties, containing up to 1% psilocybin and/or psilocin per dried gram. The function of these serotonin-like compounds in the life cycle of the mushroom is not known

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Beer soaked cardboard [Re: Joshua]
    #2238081 - 01/12/04 10:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

wait.. i can grow mushrooms.. off of beer? *weeps with joy* now if you wanted to be like me, you'd use the cardboard from the beer box! lol. woot!

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck