Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I'm not sure what type of mushroom they are but all my friends are selling them. They are going around now, they have big caps and are dried.. stained blueish.. the caps have a little pointy tip kind of thing on some of them... I've taken them before and they were great.. really mind fuck kindof trip with a lot of color visuals.. but the question I have is can street shrooms be contaminated dried and sold to kids and be toxic causing death... I just want to educate myself about shrooms.. I don't like taking a drug that I don't know much about. Everyone is taking these shrooms.. but that doesn't always mean they can be safe.. can there be a bad batch that can kill you.... I want to trip again i've done them like 3 times.. all have been great experiances but it's not worth loosing my life over. Life is too great : D... I guess im basically trying to say .. although they are the right kind of mushroom can they still kill you? I read some thing on a psilocybe death.. im just curious.... please any feedback would be much aprreciated.. Im thinking of getting an 1/8th maybe even a little more this time.. they look great.. they smell like peanut shells ohh the smell just bring back the tripping memories and that taste that lingers in my mouth. Does anyone know what kind of shrooms these might be or what you usually get when you buy from street dealers... Not all of us can take the time to grow mushrooms.. this goes out to all those who just buy from your boys and people you trust.
I don't know if just a bad batch of shrooms could kill you. I wouldn't think it would unless they had some kind of deadly contaminatiuon on them when harvested, but I've never heard of it. There is a lethal dose though, you can visit www.erowid.org and look up mushrooms. It shows a lot of different information including dosages and effects.
All the psilocybe mushrooms I've had taste like dirt and don't have much smell to them unless their fresh. I know none of this probably helps you but I figured I would throw in my two cents.
-------------------- I paid good money to see myself fall apart, I'm not about to give up now.
I think you are being overly cautious. A friend of mine ate a very large cubensis from a bin of straw that was contaminated with green mold. He felt nauseated and promptly threw up. He was ok after that. Thats the ONLY bad experience I (personally) know about from the past 20 years of being around the 'scene'. I believe 99.9% of shrooms dealt on the street are just fine. You most likely are in more danger of poisoning yourself from food bought at the local supermarket than from street sold shrooms. Just my humble opinion, from my own experiences.
Most street shrooms are Psilobybe Cubensis, because they are very GOOD and very EASY to grow. They should be clean and dry. Avoid anything slimy and/or frozen, as the sellers probably don't know what the F they are doing.
Check the SPORE COLOR, GILL COLOR. P. Cubensis has a very dark spore/gill color- dark as in purple/black/VERY dark chockolate brown. If you see WHITE or RED/ORANGE/RUST colored spores/gills you will know that you are being sold poisonous shrooms. Not very likely, but POSSIBLE, though I wouldnt be worring about it. Just be AWARE. Check the spore/gill color, and trip away on the DARK SPORED CUBENSIS.
"can there be a bad batch that can kill you...." Theoretically speaking, the answer is yes, there are contaminants that COULD BE DEADLY. HOWEVER, you are more likely to die from being hit by a METEOR than by eating a contamination on, or in, a street bought shroom.
I have been sold fake shrooms before. They looked and tasted EXACTLY real. I know they were fake because the guy told me he ripped me off later... thats another story though. But basically me and a friend ate 5.25 grams each. I felt sick for a long time, and she threw up but no serious effects. Don't worry about it too much, most people on the street dont want anybody ending up dead because of them. Good luck tripping.