Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
PC keeps going KA-FUCKING BOOM !
    #742187 - 07/12/02 03:41 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey everybody,

I have been trying to PC my jars for the last few days. Each time i try i do EVERYTHING like the manual sais and i get the same problem. After about 30 mins of PCing the safty vaulve on the PC goed BOOM! Im not talking a little boom im taking like a shotgun! My neighbours came over twice to see what happened, kind of hard to explain i was pressure cooking jars....

So what could be wrong? I did everything like the booklet said, i checked the steam release for abstructions, i checked the rubber band in the lid to see if anything was wrong...nothing

The shittiest thing is i lost the recept for it so i cant return it

Any help would be great!
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: PC keeps going KA-FUCKING BOOM ! [Re: Fd3000]
    #742210 - 07/12/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Are you absolutly positive nothing is bocking the release?

Is your weight getting stuck down on the stem and not releasing the steam, are you using to big of a weight?

Are you over filling the PC and not allowing ENOUGH air get up to the release valve due to jars in the way?

If your PC isnt making the normal PC after about 20m turn the fire out and use a towel to gently tilt the weight around the stem and see if it releases any preasure, be sure not to pull the wieght off though otherwise you could be in for a nasty burn or worse.. If it dosnt then you know something is keeping air from getting through the release.

OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
    #742212 - 07/12/02 03:52 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What kind is it? Nothing is clogging the little steam thing in the middle huh? Dont know what it could be, but that sucks that keeps happening. I think i'd shit my pants if that shit went off like that in my house.

Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
    #742217 - 07/12/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like you've done everything you can. Perhaps the safety valve is set to go off at a lower pressure than 15 psi. If the steam release valve is not blocked, this really shouldn't be happening. I know it's a dumb question, but you are sure that you are cooking at 15 psi, right? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

-Grimey

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: PC keeps going KA-FUCKING BOOM ! [Re: frank_grimes]
    #742231 - 07/12/02 04:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Its a pretty cheap PC so the only PSI it works at is 15. The weight is the one that came with the PC and yes it does release steam and pressure normally. I really cant figure it out

Thanks for the help so far, any other theories?
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinewindex
old hand
    #742241 - 07/12/02 04:04 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

id have to agree with frank then, it sounds like a fualty safty valve.

Usually a store will exchange without a recept as long as you get the exact same thing. If not the manufacture should cover it.

edit: on second though without a recept the manufacture may not do anything for ya.

Edited by windex (07/12/02 04:05 PM)

Offlinekwisatz
journeyman

Loc: Arrakis
    #742271 - 07/12/02 04:23 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Those little rubber safety valves are not meant to be reused once the blow.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: PC keeps going KA-FUCKING BOOM ! [Re: kwisatz]
    #742354 - 07/12/02 05:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well the safty valve is actually a small little metal thingie and the PC can with 3 extra so that how come it happened more than once. I'll try goin to the store (Canadian Tire) withought the receipt and ill see if they can do anything for me.

Thanks for the help
Fd

--------------------

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
Re: PC keeps going KA-FUCKING BOOM ! [Re: windex]
    #742423 - 07/12/02 05:34 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Since you lost the Receipt just go and buy a new one and return the broken one in the box with the new receipt.

L3D

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #742484 - 07/12/02 05:56 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ok, this is only a maybe, but once it starts to release and jiggle, do you turn the flame down, so it only jiggles a couple times a minute? or are you leaving the flame wide open, where it is producing more steam than can be released? i've seen this once as a kid, when mom was canning homemade tomato sauce, and it exploded, covered the kitchen in sauce, and burned her bad

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

OfflineXiC
journeyman
Loc: Planet Vegita
    #742489 - 07/12/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Bro, I had the same problem when I started my PC'ing. We waited for the cooker to get to 15 PSI, and played with the knob on the stove to get it to stay. (it does automaticly, stay @ 15 PSI that is) The key is to find what temp (stove setting) maintains the 15 PSI and gets the regulator to wiggle 3 times a min. Let it be 3 small wiggles, or 2 long 1 short, or whatever. 3 times a min.

We had the stove on WAY TOO FUCKING HIGH, but we didnt know, who would? We were just starting a hobby. After about 10 to 15 mins of no noise, like u said; a fucking shotgun blast noise came out. We fucking jumped and both fell. We freaked, and slowly lowered the heat. It didnt seem so weird though, cuz it would make loud bangs "like" that, but not that loud. After asking a friend w/ the same modle PC, he explained to us that the temp was TOO HIGH on the stove, causeing exsess bulid of pressure and a single release that could have blown the regulator off, and might have sent us strait to the hospital. Cuz if that thing comes off @ 15 PSI, that mean 15 lbs of pressure for ever sq inch will try to escape all at once through that little hole. I dont even wanna think about what that is like.

We found the correct setting to maintain 15 PSI w/ 3 rattles (long or short). So now we turn the stove on full blast, then slide the flame slowly to the desired setting we always use. Takes a little tinkering to get it right, but it is worth it. When it gets TOO HOT, like rattling for a whole min, or a couple of min's it is TOO HOT and turn it down. Fiddle w/ the controls, find the setting and then wait an hour. I hope this helps ya in yer turmoil.

Cuz I have experinced that bang before to, and I dont wanna see anyone go to the hospital.

Laterz
-XiC

Invisiblefarout1
jester
Re: PC keeps going KA-FUCKING BOOM ! [Re: XiC]
    #742616 - 07/12/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Dude this might totally apply to what kind of PC you have. I have and old one my mother gave me and it donesn't jiggle to release presure. The only way to regulate presure is throught the height of the flame. On new PC the jiggler will usually just lift up and spew steam when the presure gets to high. ON the one i have it you don't regulate it throught the flame of the stove it would blow up every time(safety value which is usually made of rubber) Reread you instructions or find someone that knows alot about PC to help, because you prob shouldn't be happening

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: PC keeps going KA-FUCKING BOOM ! [Re: farout1]
    #743123 - 07/13/02 03:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"Since you lost the Receipt just go and buy a new one and return the broken one in the box with the new receipt."

Thanks a good idea, 2 PC's for the price of 1 Any way to get caught doin this?

Anyways as for the heat the manual said once the little weight was jiggling turn the heat down to half of what it was before so thats what i did....

Fd

--------------------

OfflineDrAbeLincoln
enthusiast

#743193 - 07/13/02 05:27 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A friend of mine has done that....he fucked up his PS2 modding it and bought a new one and returned the old busted one in the new box he said "I got it for my brother for his birthday but my mom already got him one". Normally they wont even ask just say you want to return it. Make sure thought that when you give them your information on the return sheet you just make up names and addresses and dont do it to often. Oh yeah...if the box has seals on it or tape you can losen those up by using a heat gun or a hair dryer

Offlinejosh057
Loc: az
Re: PC keeps going KA-FUCKING BOOM ! [Re: DrAbeLincoln]
    #743349 - 07/13/02 07:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'm glad that I have a gauge on my pressure cooker. I don't have to listen for certain number of noises. I had origanally got a crappy one for $40, but it ended up messing up my first batch of jars. So then the day after I got my bigger one, it can hold up to 24 half pint jars ( i've never used that many though, I don't like stacking the jars on top os eachother), it was $100.

josh057

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder