Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineny2casports89
Stranger
LSD = increased intelligence?
    #7421807 - 09/17/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I know that acid trips can induce epiphony's, however does anyone feel that they are infact more intelligent or at least can think more logically when under the influence of the drug?

Every time I have done acid (which is only a couple times) I've felt like while under the influence I could think more logically espeically about personal or social issues that I am having. Problems have I have dwelled on for weeks or months I am able to just think about and come up with a course of action that I then pursue after the trip.

On my most recent trip i thought about how this occurs and i came up with an explanation of how the drug effects me. I feel like every need, want, and desire of my body is quieted, for example I have no desire to sleep, or eat. Also I feel like the part of our brain that tells us things such as being lazy is more pleasurable then doing a lot of work, is also quieted which allows for some serious uninterrupted productive thinking and planning.

It doesn't seem like any of my friends that I trip with experience this to the extent that I do. So does anyone else have a similar feeling when under the influence of this drug?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: ny2casports89]
    #7421826 - 09/17/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

does anyone feel that they are infact more intelligent or at least can think more logically when under the influence of the drug?

Nope, not even in the slightest way.

--------------------
:scrambled:

1 ,2

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#7421831 - 09/17/07 10:47 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Wait til you try ayahuasca.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: Moo456]
    #7421981 - 09/17/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It redistributes thoughts and perceptions, but does not produce actual knowledge. That's for you to find.

I don't know about you, but I've convinced myself of some pretty wacky stuff on acid. Last Friday my English textbook had all the meaning, scope, and importance of the Bible to me.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (09/17/07 11:44 PM)

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7421993 - 09/17/07 11:34 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

lsd and increased logical thinking?
nooo, mate
you may feel like your logical thinking is increased during the trip, but in my opinion, the main reason for that
is that you're so fascinated by what your brain is capable of, that you might come to the conclusion, that it works better during the influence
for me, it's quite the opposite, abstract thoughts are enhanced (it's all in your head however, lsd just causes you to access parts of your brain, that you wouldn't use, when sober, you COULD however, but you simply do not do it, your brain has other business to take care of)
wait till you come down
do you still notice increased logical thinking?

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

Invisibleherfenara
cross dressinghobo junkie
Male

Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: epilectric]
    #7422001 - 09/17/07 11:38 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

the doc that won a nobel for discovering DNA took sub-threshold doses to help him think, aparently

InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: herfenara]
    #7422008 - 09/17/07 11:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Are you referring to watson and crick?

They 'discovered' the structure for DNA.. they actually stole the idea from some lady who discovered it before em.

--------------------

1 ,2

Invisibleherfenara
cross dressinghobo junkie
Male

Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: Acyl]
    #7422040 - 09/17/07 11:53 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

thats what the feminists want you to believe

InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

#7422055 - 09/17/07 11:58 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

That was funny, I guess.

I dont even know how true it is, Ive just heard it from several respected authority figures.. never really looked into it. :shrug:

--------------------

1 ,2

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #7422060 - 09/17/07 11:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

increased awareness, focus and clarity yes... but intelligence? not directly.. because of LSD experiences, I can say it steered me in the proper way towards higher intelligence... but no, I didn't just take acid and get smarter

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlineny2casports89
Stranger
    #7422126 - 09/18/07 12:27 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

epilectric said:
lsd and increased logical thinking?
nooo, mate
you may feel like your logical thinking is increased during the trip, but in my opinion, the main reason for that
is that you're so fascinated by what your brain is capable of, that you might come to the conclusion, that it works better during the influence
for me, it's quite the opposite, abstract thoughts are enhanced (it's all in your head however, lsd just causes you to access parts of your brain, that you wouldn't use, when sober, you COULD however, but you simply do not do it, your brain has other business to take care of)
wait till you come down
do you still notice increased logical thinking?

This post annoyed me a little bit, I think you were just trying to help by inputing some of your knowledge of the drug, but you also seem like your trying to tell me how the drug effects me and that my perception of how it effects me is completly wrong.

I'm not tripping right now (havent for almost 2 months) and I still posted this so yea I obviously do feel the same way after coming down. I also reflect very heavily on my acid thoughts after the trip and find that they have helped me to solve problems or issues I am currnetly facing. Infact I find while under the influence of this drug the answers to my problems, or course of action I must take to address certain issues are rather obvious to me, when they sure as hell weren't before the trip.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #7422181 - 09/18/07 12:58 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

They're not rejecting the idea that you've benefited intellectually from acid, per se. What they're saying is that acid doesn't put any new knowledge or facts into your head, or truly increase your cognitive capabilities - it simply shows you new perspectives, amplifies significance, and assails you with the beauty of the world and of your mind.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7422239 - 09/18/07 01:46 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
It redistributes thoughts and perceptions, but does not produce actual knowledge. That's for you to find.

I don't know about you, but I've convinced myself of some pretty wacky stuff on acid. Last Friday my English textbook had all the meaning, scope, and importance of the Bible to me.

haha
i know exactly what you mean
i've invented loads of theories on acid, which i really thought to be true
in the end, they were all bullshit
i seem to generalize a lot of stuff on acid
i tend to categorise people after stupid criteria
could have to do something with the age though, i was 16, when i did most lsd
it's nothing for people, who take things too seriously

for me, lower doses of lsd seem to expand my consciousness a lot more, than higher doses
higher doses are the most enjoyable, but you can't really take anything back to "real life", apart from a good, rejuvenated feeling
lower doses, for me, have been much more interesting on the long term, cause i could integrate a lot of the thoughts
it's more reality based

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

Offlineredpoppy
Stranger
    #7422399 - 09/18/07 04:14 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yes I 'd agree with you. I gain clarity of thought and think well and logically and creativly whilst under the influence of LSD.

I do not think its caused by the drug.

I think the drug enhances what you have.

I'm quite analytical in nature strong mathematical brain etc. (at least it used to be!!! hahah!) and i think LSD can enhance what you have. It increases paranoia in those prone to it. etc. so I don't see why it couldn't increase both either/or left / right brain function that you alreday are prone to.

:smile:

Hacing said all that althgouh LSD helps peopel to make connections its also great in making false ones. I think LSD use can lead to delusion maybe. YOu start to believe you understand everythign in minute detial when under teh influence. or atelast I do. And after hearign some of teh twisted stuff peopel can believe I liek to chekc my own delusion.:tongue:

Offlineredpoppy
Stranger
Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: redpoppy]
    #7422421 - 09/18/07 04:31 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

^As you can see motor skills are rubbish whether i'm on LSD or not.:blush:

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7422598 - 09/18/07 07:14 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

LSD can help you create neural networks, pathways, and connections that were previously not there. Any psychedelic or strong emotional experience can. You take the power of a psychedelic, such as LSD, its ability to put you in a highly emotionally charged, suggestible susceptible state of mind, and its no surprise that the ideas and perceptions you come up with on LSD create pretty strong neural connections that were previously not there. Connections that, with time if gone un-used, un-cultured, un-thought about, will dissipate.

Isn't that what intelligence is all about? Creating new neural networks to connect ideas that you previously had scattered. To see the bigger picture of things and therefore be able to process the small pictures with better efficiency?

LSD, if used appropriately, can and will make you smarter... just as any psychedelic will.

Abuse, however, leads to delusion and unsafe reduction of serotonin receptors due to an over-abundance of constant stimulation. Also, taking a bunch of acid and spacing out on visuals (while fun, and recommended) will not inherently make you smarter. You have to be (or at least pretend to be) the intelligent type and actually think about things while on a psychedelic to obtain any substantial intelligence gain.

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: redpoppy]
    #7422602 - 09/18/07 07:16 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

more stuff hangs together in mind with less effort
and
more angles or association links emerge.
this should be expected.
this does not mean smarter.
and the links are not more logical or more true,
just more easily danced with.

some stuff is just astonishing.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7422696 - 09/18/07 08:20 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

SDP is correct
MOO456 is right too
Ayahuasca can give you knowledge you didn't have. heres something copied from the net....

"Other effects of ayahuasca
Salient as the visions are, they (along with the non-visual "hallucinations" that the brew induces) are not the only effects that ayahuasca induces. Another important facet of the phenomenology of the ayahuasca experience are ideas, insights and reflections. Many individuals report that the brew makes them think faster and be more intelligent. Some persons with extensive experience with ayahuasca even indicated that with time, these ideational effects are more meaningful than the visions. In general, under the effect of ayahuasca, people report that they are more insightful and given to new ideas than usual. Furthermore, it seems that the intoxication makes people more involved with deeper psychological analyses and with philosophical contemplation.

Naturally, the subject matter of thoughts that pass through a person's mind during the intoxication are prone to reflect the interests and concerns this person normally has. Very often, when consuming the brew, people ask for answers or solutions to specific questions or problems that actually bother them in their lives. They often gain insights with respect to personal questions, find answers or solutions that are subsequently applied in their lives, and also find comfort and solace.

One person with extensive experience with ayahuasca told me that what the brew gives one is access to what he characterized as "divine wisdom." This term, he further explained, denotes all that can be known on any subject. The knowledge to be gained by any particular individual will depend on the interests and wishes of the person in question. "If the person is interested in philosophy he will learn more about philosophy, he wishes to gain understanding about the nature of the human mind he will become wise on that, if what interests him is being a thief, it is this in which he will become more knowledgeable."

Invisiblebreakableweed
Stranger

Loc: the road to awe
    #7422722 - 09/18/07 08:35 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ny2casports89 said:
I know that acid trips can induce epiphony's, however does anyone feel that they are infact more intelligent or at least can think more logically when under the influence of the drug?

Every time I have done acid (which is only a couple times) I've felt like while under the influence I could think more logically espeically about personal or social issues that I am having. Problems have I have dwelled on for weeks or months I am able to just think about and come up with a course of action that I then pursue after the trip.

On my most recent trip i thought about how this occurs and i came up with an explanation of how the drug effects me.  I feel like every need, want, and desire of my body is quieted, for example I have no desire to sleep, or eat. Also I feel like the part of our brain that tells us things such as being lazy is more pleasurable then doing a lot of work, is also quieted which allows for some serious uninterrupted productive thinking and planning.

It doesn't seem like any of my friends that I trip with experience this to the extent that I do.  So does anyone else have a similar feeling when under the influence of this drug?

I dunno man - you misspelled epiphanies. So I dunno if it's really helping ya!  Also, it's how the drug affects you, not effects you. :wink:

Edited by breakableweed (09/18/07 08:43 AM)

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: LSD = increased intelligence? [Re: cpw1971]
    #7422731 - 09/18/07 08:37 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Another interesting note about Ayahuasca, compared to other psychedelics, is the scientifically proven ability it has to actually CREATE serotonin receptor sites, and increase the brains density of serotonin receptors up to 25% more then its original density. Worried of getting burnt out? Not with Ayahuasca.

Serotonin, one of the main components involved in thought, emotion, and perception, is SIGNIFICANTLY effected by having this over-abundance of serotonin receptor sites. People with less serotonoin then others, or people simply wanting to be "more intelligent" can use Ayahuasca to quite literally super-charge their brain by increasing their serotonin receptor density, allowing them to utilize their natural amounts of serotonin better, essentially making them more intelligent.

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order